William Orbit working on a Dolby Atmos mix of Ray of Light album?

deathproof

William is surprised that Madonna is
starting to work on reissues, beginning
with the recent compilation Finally
Enough Love, noting: “Madonna just
doesn’t look back. Everyone mentions
glorious moments to her, and her attitude 
was always: ‘Oh, that old thing? Great,
but I’m doing something new.’ The remix
by Sickick on TikTok of Frozen that
Madonna embraced was exciting,
because I’ve got half an eye on doing a
Dolby Atmos mix of Ray Of Light.

Excerpt from the article

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

William is a great producer but he's also the ultimate attention seeker. All his Facebook drama in 2012 while "MDNA" wasn't even out for a month, God. Big mouth.

He wasn't wrong about a single thing. While I love most of MDNA, it's her most phoned in album.

3 minutes ago, Neon Fever Dream said:

He wasn't wrong about a single thing. While I love most of MDNA, it's her most phoned in album.

Maybe. But quite unprofessional to go trashing your client's latest project a month after its release. Especially when that client is the one that made you super big and famous all around the globe. I was very surprised by that move.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Maybe. But quite unprofessional to go trashing your client's latest project a month after its release. Especially when that client is the one that made you super big and famous all around the globe. I was very surprised by that move.

He had one bad thing to say about her, that she wasn't really involved, which is factually true.

As for the engineer who got the brunt of the criticism, she hasn't worked with him again, so...

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

William is a great producer but he's also the ultimate attention seeker. All his Facebook drama in 2012 while "MDNA" wasn't even out for a month, God. Big mouth.

"Half an eye on doing it". He'll probably never do it, then.

Probably in that period drugs speak for himself. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2021/nov/19/madonna-drugs-and-helicopter-trained-dogs-the-dark-starry-life-of-william-orbit

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

I'd love to see surround mixes of all her albums on dvd or blu-ray.

And Ray of light is the perfect album for a surround mix. :)

In my opinion Ray of Light and Confessions are the best albums for a surround mix. And maybe Music and American Life.

I want all the reissues in Dolby Atmos!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

He wasn’t in a good place at the time, also he just said she had too many things going on and that Demo was the worst. And he was right! 

4 hours ago, Roy said:

I mean, I wanna see it happen.

Stuart Price and Nile Rodgers are showing interest in remastering her albums so it must make sense thatWilliam Orbit would remaster and remix ROL for 5.1 mix. :D

Sounds quite fair that the main producers of her iconic albums should remaster their own creation for the reissues. Wondering how good they are at this, especially compared to Mike Dean and obviously the original mastering engineers. Exciting.

She's going to make me buy a 5.1 system.

Fuck Spotify anyway,  and the others. I'm on Deezer, such a pain in the ass. 

10 hours ago, Neon Fever Dream said:

He had one bad thing to say about her, that she wasn't really involved, which is factually true.

As for the engineer who got the brunt of the criticism, she hasn't worked with him again, so...

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

Does anyone have direct quotes on what he said back then?

47 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Does anyone have direct quotes on what he said back then?

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/05/19/william-orbit-some-of-the-best-songs-created-for-madonnas-mdna-went-to-chris-brown/

scroll down towards the end of the article to see his initial comments. The beginning section on that page has his apology and explanation as to why posted what he said (read that part last)