Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Woah. Why fake though?

Because years ago they made a cheap bootleg vinyl and I bought it. As far as I remember, the sound quality was bad, and one side was at 33 rpm and the other side at 45 rpm. I stored it and I never played it again.

It's insane the price of this bootleg vinyl right now.

22 hours ago, Karma said:

According to this website, they are reissuing the mega rare "Erotica" Picture Disc for the 30th anniversary. What do we think?.

1992-erotica-uk-pic-disc-comparision-1.jpg?w=1024

Release Date: 2022.10.21.

Barcode: 0603497837618

https://mgrecords.hu/node/264156

Oh, that's a record store in Budapest, beautiful city where I lived for 3 years. I hope it's a real reissue, but if not also seems a good price for a bootleg. 👍

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I cannot if Erotica is the first reissue...CANNOT...Madonna please I am poor! And that's cuz I didnt buy anything FEL related 😭😭😭

Seriously though...imagine all the goodies from Erotica...that picture disc alone...

SHE'S GONNA MILK US DRY.

EVEN THE BROKE BITCHES.

14 hours ago, Roy said:

I just looked up what the bootleg looks like and it looks almost identical. 😲

It’s really not. I’ve seen a comparison photo from someone who had the original and the bootleg. And when you see them side by side the bootleg looks much worse.

What worries me is that WB tends to have poor quality control and are ignorant about their archives. And they won’t find the original artwork and print them off of that. But try to poorly replicate it from scratch. And it won’t be an exact repress of the original.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I cannot if Erotica is the first reissue...CANNOT...Madonna please I am poor! And that's cuz I didnt buy anything FEL related 😭😭😭

Seriously though...imagine all the goodies from Erotica...that picture disc alone...

It might be just be this, to commemorate the anniversary not a full scale reissue of the album. 

4 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

It’s really not. I’ve seen a comparison photo from someone who had the original and the bootleg. And when you see them side by side the bootleg looks much worse.

What worries me is that WB tends to have poor quality control and are ignorant about their archives. And they won’t find the original artwork and print them off of that. But try to poorly replicate it from scratch. And it won’t be an exact repress of the original.

Like the Ray of Light reissue wherein the font is slightly different from the original.

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

The font looks to me like it’s identical. Am I missing something?

Look at the "Madonna" font.

The 2016 version has the font slightly taller and narrower than the 1998 version. I think it also applies to the tracklisting at the back too.

The change is there but very subtle, which made me think they had to match the font and everything else to the original, all from scratch.

45 minutes ago, Roy said:

Look at the "Madonna" font.

The 2016 version has the font slightly taller and narrower than the 1998 version. I think it also applies to the tracklisting at the back too.

The change is there but very subtle, which made me think they had to match the font and everything else to the original, all from scratch.

To me the fonts are identical. Looks like a problem of compare two different pictures with different resolution, made with different cameras.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic