Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

If they release this hope they put something extra on it. The tracklist couldn't be more boring, even back then of course:

01. Erotica (Album Version)

02. Erotica (Instrumental)

03. Erotica (Radio Edit)

I mean, WTF.

"You Thrill Me" demo, "Erotic", don't know, some kind of bait apart from a giant toe sucked by Madonna. :cute:

I know the original tracklist was like that but the RSD release this year showed they can now edit and do new stuff if they want to (and she approves, I guess).

53 minutes ago, Prayer said:

If they release this hope they put something extra on it. The tracklist couldn't be more boring, even back then of course:

01. Erotica (Album Version)

02. Erotica (Instrumental)

03. Erotica (Radio Edit)

I mean, WTF.

Boring? :cry:

I destroyed the regular 12'' playing the B-Side over and over and over and over...

3 hours ago, Roy said:

Look at the "Madonna" font.

The 2016 version has the font slightly taller and narrower than the 1998 version. I think it also applies to the tracklisting at the back too.

The change is there but very subtle, which made me think they had to match the font and everything else to the original, all from scratch.

When I've created artwork that is how the font looks and i have to squish EVER so slightly to match the OG artworks

3 hours ago, Roy said:

Look at the "Madonna" font.

The 2016 version has the font slightly taller and narrower than the 1998 version. I think it also applies to the tracklisting at the back too.

The change is there but very subtle, which made me think they had to match the font and everything else to the original, all from scratch.

And to be petty and even more anal this irritates me beyond...why would they do this lol upon further research i discovered some random version uses that font which is even more confusing

1200x1200bf-60 (2).jpg

R-684467-1226291222.jpg

On 8/28/2022 at 7:54 PM, Alpha said:

And to be petty and even more anal this irritates me beyond...why would they do this lol upon further research i discovered some random version uses that font which is even more confusing

1200x1200bf-60 (2).jpg

R-684467-1226291222.jpg

I hated this when they released the "Frozen" digital maxi but made my peace with it when someone here pointed out that the alternative font was used on an official release of the single (and linked to it). But I can't find it now on Discogs.

58 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I hated this when they released the "Frozen" digital maxi but made my peace with it when someone here pointed out that the alternative font was used on an official release of the single (and linked to it). But I can't find it now on Discogs.

Well...KINDA...that font WAS used for "Frozen" but a completely different font was used for "Madonna" 😭😭😭

On 8/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, diesel6888 said:

Im dubious of any website that asks for your tax reference number? Why? Seems like a possible scam to me, Im gonna hold off and see if other links appear.... they ask for your email, phone number and personal tax ref number along with your full address ... id be carefull people sound like ID fraud to me lol..

Smart move. Doesn’t sound like it has anything to do with Warner Bros. / Rhino

There’s nothing I don’t love about the whole Erotica era. I hate that the scandal made people overlook the song Erotica in particular. It is a behemoth to me. Immaculately produced, cool sexy arty and absolutely funky as hell. It will always be up there as absolute peak Madonna for me. The locals lost out tbh. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic