Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

What an achievement lol… so sucking a toe is something cool? 🤣🤣🤣

I'd say so! But I do agree that it's a bit random. The cover image of Erotica (single) would've made a lot more sense. The next Deeper & Deeper picture disc made even less sense with that Steven Meisel shot from 1990 (I know it was used in some of the SEX promo, and then again for Bad Girl, but still c'mon its a bit old)

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Am I the only person who thinks this pic disc is ugly ? I get the history and infamy to it but it’s not a nice picture ? 

Hmmm that’s like saying a Basquiat or an Andy Warhol is ugly. I think when you have art by Fabien Baron and Steven Meisel, it surpasses the idea of beautiful or ugly.

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

What do you not like about it ? Its from Sex, one of her most creative and interesting works

Sorry but for me SEX was not good for her career - it nearly destroyed her career and not to mention overshadowed one of her best albums and tours and so not a good memory for me - to be honest I thought it was a pointless vanity project but I’m sure I will be scorned for saying that 🙄 not that I give a shit …

22 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Sorry but for me SEX was not good for her career - it nearly destroyed her career and not to mention overshadowed one of her best albums and tours and so not a good memory for me - to be honest I thought it was a pointless vanity project but I’m sure I will be scorned for saying that 🙄 not that I give a shit …

You shouldn't be scorned for your opinion, lots of people think that actually. I personally think it was the culmination of everything she'd been doing leading up to it. It was an unavoidable part of her career journey.  And yes I love it and everything it represents and I couldn't care less about her "career" or dip in popularity. It was her boldest moment and quintessential Madonna. The impact it had on pop culture is enormous.

2 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

I pre ordered Amazon us - we didn’t get an announcement for Rebel Heart tour either - could it be after all these years companies are getting the rights - I highly doubt this is a Warner release ?

It’s a Rhino/Warner release. Rhino teased it yesterday on Twitter and the first pre-order we had was on the Warner Australia shop. Erotica is a Warner release, nobody can release it officially. 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

The SEX book has a purpose, like the Erotica album. It gave us a view on the sexual desires on the perspective of a woman and it challenges double standards on society. If men can do it, why can't women? :D

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic