Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

Trolls are trolling.

I don't think we'll get a remastered album this year. 

We'll get a remastered single & video of Everybody and if we're lucky maybe a demo version.

She released a lot already Finally Enough Love, Erotica, the many Frozen, Material Girl, Hung Up remixes we had (even if we don't like them)...But i wish to be proven wrong. 

1 hour ago, DrunkBySix said:

I'm not ordering this. I know what the toe-sucking photograph looks like, I know what Erotica sounds like it, so why would I want to spend more money on this woman who constantly rehashes the best days of her career?

Look at all the little sheep follow one another.

to this i bleat to u  Baaaaa Baaaa.

2 hours ago, DrunkBySix said:

I'm not ordering this. I know what the toe-sucking photograph looks like, I know what Erotica sounds like it, so why would I want to spend more money on this woman who constantly rehashes the best days of her career?

So in her 5th decade when she finally decides to look back and signs a catalogue deal, you describe her as a 'woman who constantly rehashes the best days of her career' despite the fact she rarely has in all these years.

I would rather be a sheep than the sheep dip

3 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I think they knew it would sell out. It makes it less exclusive to run multiple print runs, a good example is Interscope with the MX blue vinyl from Canada - it was on one site and sold out in 24 hours at 1000 copies - they could have easily done a second run and didn't - it creates the collectors market 

Yep totally - it's a deliberate decision of Madonna.

In contract, Kylie who has just reissued Impossible Princess, the picture disc which had sold out - She ordered more that will be  dispatched later.

I actually think FEL box set was scheduled for a wider release - the promo on the standard edition promotes the 'limited edition box set'.  

7 minutes ago, Jackie said:

In contract, Kylie who has just reissued Impossible Princess, the picture disc which had sold out - She ordered more that will be  dispatched later.

I actually think FEL box set was scheduled for a wider release - the promo on the standard edition promotes the 'limited edition box set'.  

It's also a good approach - buy it when you see it, items like the MDNA Holographic album sleeve are another good example 

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I think they knew it would sell out. It makes it less exclusive to run multiple print runs, a good example is Interscope with the MX blue vinyl from Canada - it was on one site and sold out in 24 hours at 1000 copies - they could have easily done a second run and didn't - it creates the collectors market 

Isn't that just pretty much what I said to begin with though, that it is a marketing tactic?

3 hours ago, DrunkBySix said:

So don't buy it then. I'm not either. But good for those that want it, it is a sought after collectors item after all.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

You gotta do your homework!

In the "SEX" book Dita wrote all her letters to Johnny:

IMG_1082.JPG

Dear Johnny,

I lay down in my bed with the Erotica album on hand, holding it close to me, often wondering if ever I will be rich enough for the Erotica reissues. 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

But that’s a picture disc and a cardboard envelope. The boxset is more elaborate and expensive to produce and store. Also I think in order to be commercially viable they have to reprint a large number not just a few thousand extra copies. 
Look what happened with George Michael’s Older. It sold well and they got greedy and pressed additional copies and now it doesn’t sell. 
The hype of something being sold out doesn’t necessarily match a strong buying power. 
Like they’d probably sell 1000 copies right away and then there would be 5000 remaining copies gathering dust in the warehouse for years

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

But that’s a picture disc and a cardboard envelope. The boxset is more elaborate and expensive to produce and store. Also I think in order to be commercially viable they have to reprint a large number not just a few thousand extra copies. 
Look what happened with George Michael’s Older. It sold well and they got greedy and pressed additional copies and now it doesn’t sell. 
The hype of something being sold out doesn’t necessarily match a strong buying power. 
Like they’d probably sell 1000 copies right away and then there would be 5000 remaining copies gathering dust in the warehouse for years

The MX box set is still found easily too - they could have pressed less of that one 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic