Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

I think there's a merch collection coming for this too.

I was looking on her UK store the other day, and I saw a T-shirt with this pic on the front, which was officially titled as the "I'll Teach You How To" . It said it was "coming soon", but it's now gone from her store altogether. It was there though, I swear!

3269088.jpeg

Edited by Where's The Party? (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

I was looking on her UK store the other day, and I saw a T-shirt with this pic on the front, which was officially titled as the "I'll Teach You How To" . It said it was "coming soon", but it's now gone from her store altogether. It was there though, I swear!

3269088.jpeg

That was released back in June at the Pride event and then sold by Merchbar and both M stores and sold out quickly - recently some 2XL sizes turned up at the USA M store and sold out 

3 hours ago, Where's The Party? said:

3269088.jpeg

I'm hoping it does come back. I missed out before 😭 ... #Erotica30 come on, M!

On 9/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, cosmic_system said:

I can't believe people are moaning about the Erotica picture disc. The EROTICA PICTURE DISC, the holy grail. I feel old and they clearly don't know what they are talking about (insert Rocco's voice from Secret). 

Yes, I don't know if people really understand the significance of a reissue of this kind. I've heard people reference this re-issue as the equivalent to the rare original withdrawn disc, which is simply not the case. 

The reissue is NOT the Holy Grail - the original UK Orlake pressing (W0138TP) is. This reissue (RP01 695258) will be printed in abundance and will never hold the value of the original 1992 withdrawn picture disc. However, it's good that Warner Bros. have officially released the picture disc in some from for those who simply cannot afford or acquire the true Holy Grail and don't wish to purchase the inferior bootlegs.

Erotica.png

50 minutes ago, Tex20 said:

Yes, I don't know if people really understand the significance of a reissue of this kind. I've heard people reference this re-issue as the equivalent to the rare original withdrawn disc, which is simply not the case. 

The reissue is NOT the Holy Grail - the original UK Orlake pressing (W0138TP) is. This reissue (RP01 695258) will be printed in abundance and will never hold the value of the original 1992 withdrawn picture disc. However, it's good that Warner Bros. have officially released the picture disc in some from for those who simply cannot afford or acquire the true Holy Grail and don't wish to purchase the inferior bootlegs.

Erotica.png

I just wanna say as someone who has been subscribed to you for quite some time on YouTube (now knowing you're THEDEVILSEYES1) that you are one of the few Madonna fans here who inspired me to collect Madonna items in the future. :D

Also, I do also believe that while the infamous Erotica picture disc being reissued now will not hold the heavy value of the original 1992 cancelled picture disc, it gives people the opportunity to learn about how this tells a bold story of Madonna pushing boundaries to the farthest in terms of sexual expression, freedom and liberty as well as sexuality and love through the Erotica era (album, tour, music videos and the SEX book). The era means so much to people like me who were trying to find their identity and confidence in themselves in the middle of all the confusion and chaos in life and this particular picture from the SEX book is always be a reminder to me to be bold, brave and confident in being who I am everyday, to embrace my desires and likes and to not let anything hold me down...

...and to constantly remind myself that she wasn't eating a large ass Subway sandwich but rather, sucking on a toe.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

I just wanna say as someone who has been subscribed to you for quite some time on YouTube (now knowing you're THEDEVILSEYES1) that you are one of the few Madonna fans here who inspired me to collect Madonna items in the future. :D

Also, I do also believe that while the infamous Erotica picture disc being reissued now will not hold the heavy value of the original 1992 cancelled picture disc, it gives people the opportunity to learn about how this tells a bold story of Madonna pushing boundaries to the farthest in terms of sexual expression, freedom and liberty as well as sexuality and love through the Erotica era (album, tour, music videos and the SEX book). The era means so much to people like me who were trying to find their identity and confidence in themselves in the middle of all the confusion and chaos in life and this particular picture from the SEX book is always be a reminder to me to be bold, brave and confident in being who I am everyday, to embrace my desires and likes and to not let anything hold me down...

...and to constantly remind myself that she wasn't eating a large ass Subway sandwich but rather, sucking on a toe.

Agreed, this reissue may give fans and collectors the opportunity to experience again - the 'excitement' and 'significance' that this single bestowed to so many of us at the time!

9 minutes ago, Tex20 said:

Agreed, this reissue may give fans and collectors the opportunity to experience again - the 'excitement' and 'significance' that this single bestowed to so many of us at the time!

Yes and she will be ours after 30 years... while I just wait for a vinyl rip for it. 😂

4 hours ago, Tex20 said:

Erotica.png

Well yes and no. To me the reissue is THE HOLY GRAIL, simple because unless you had tons of money to spend for the original or wanted to buy the inferior bootleg you couldn’t get this picture disc officially. And now you can. The original will decrease in value, we’ll see how much. The fact the bootleg is actually very expensive now is very telling. The same thing happened with the promo Versace tape by Prince when it was reissued for RSD and others releases of this kind. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Well yes and no. To me the reissue is THE HOLY GRAIL, simple because unless you had tons of money to spend for the original or wanted to buy the inferior bootleg you couldn’t get this picture disc officially. And now you can. The original will decrease in value, we’ll see how much. The fact the bootleg is actually very expensive now is very telling. The same thing happened with the promo Versace tape by Prince when it was reissued for RSD and others releases of this kind. 

I agree with you. To me is the holy grail because I don't have the official one (only the bootleg one). Yes, the original will always be the original, but I only want this picture disc from an official pressing. If I have this official re-issue, then I will never care about the original picture-disc.

Now waiting for the official re-issue of Ardiendo 7'' (Spanish edition of Burning Up)

33 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I agree with you. To me is the holy grail because I don't have the official one (only the bootleg one). Yes, the original will always be the original, but I only want this picture disc from an official pressing. If I have this official re-issue, then I will never care about the original picture-disc.

Now waiting for the official re-issue of Ardiendo 7'' (Spanish edition of Burning Up)

Collecting is a very personal thing, I know people that collect every single pressing because of different catalog numbers or a logo change (like the latest Warner reissues). I find it pointless but who am I to judge? I’m absolutely not interested in the original picture disc now since we are getting an official re-release! So yes, this re-release is an holy grail. 
I’m also sure some collectors with the original pressing are going to be livid with this new pressing, same will happen with the demos collectors if we are going to get never before heard demos in the future deluxe editions that they own. 

31 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

What is that edition?

10 minutes ago, Roy said:

What is that edition?

It's just the regular Burning Up single remix pressed in Spain but with a unique cover. It's not ultra-rare like the Lucky Star sunglasses one, but it's rare and the prices are insane.

4808022627.jpg

12'' version (I got one free from a closed discotheque but it has a little hole in the sleeve):

118975506.jpg

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's just the regular Burning Up single remix pressed in Spain but with a unique cover. It's not ultra-rare like the Lucky Star sunglasses one, but it's rare and the prices are insane.

4808022627.jpg

12'' version (I got one free from a closed discotheque but it has a little hole in the sleeve):

118975506.jpg

Ooooh! What's on the B-side?

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

4808022627.jpg

118975506.jpg

The Lucky Star one could be a good re-release for next year RSD! 

Ardiendo and Lucky Star would be great. I think I'd prefer 7"s, especially LS 7" which is even rarer than the 12"

R-2158215-1267141312.jpg.bbdc4dd52e4589075955c2c1e8ea8c3c.jpg

throw in either the Spanish or Italian Holiday

Polish_20220916_154022665.thumb.jpg.b4878432bc5176755a0c8750a0ff5ea1.jpg

and finish off with the Brazilian Borderline. Then you've got a nice first album 7" set (apart from Everybody but that's getting its own reissue)

OS5qcGVn.jpeg.87709b811576887d4cbc6aed8f872c06.jpeg

13 minutes ago, MatterCompressor said:

Ardiendo and Lucky Star would be great. I think I'd prefer 7"s, especially LS 7" which is even rarer than the 12"

R-2158215-1267141312.jpg.bbdc4dd52e4589075955c2c1e8ea8c3c.jpg

throw in either the Spanish or Italian Holiday

Polish_20220916_154022665.thumb.jpg.b4878432bc5176755a0c8750a0ff5ea1.jpg

and finish off with the Brazilian Borderline. Then you've got a nice first album 7" set (apart from Everybody but that's getting its own reissue)

OS5qcGVn.jpeg.87709b811576887d4cbc6aed8f872c06.jpeg

Oh wow. 

Just to be sure, the debut album photoshoot was originally in color, right?

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic