Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

3 hours ago, MatterCompressor said:

Ardiendo and Lucky Star would be great. I think I'd prefer 7"s, especially LS 7" which is even rarer than the 12"

R-2158215-1267141312.jpg.bbdc4dd52e4589075955c2c1e8ea8c3c.jpg

throw in either the Spanish or Italian Holiday

Polish_20220916_154022665.thumb.jpg.b4878432bc5176755a0c8750a0ff5ea1.jpg

and finish off with the Brazilian Borderline. Then you've got a nice first album 7" set (apart from Everybody but that's getting its own reissue)

OS5qcGVn.jpeg.87709b811576887d4cbc6aed8f872c06.jpeg

Warner should re-issue all the 7'' in little boxes separated by albums, using the best covers. I mean, a box for "The first album" era, with the 7'' of Borderline, Lucky Star, Burning Up, Everybody and Holiday. Another box for the "Like A Virgin" era, etc, etc, etc.

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Warner should re-issue all the 7'' in little boxes separated by albums, using the best covers. I mean, a box for "The first album" era, with the 7'' of Borderline, Lucky Star, Burning Up, Everybody and Holiday. Another box for the "Like A Virgin" era, etc, etc, etc.

If they did that everyone would bitch and moan about the choice of covers lol

6 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Collecting is a very personal thing, I know people that collect every single pressing because of different catalog numbers or a logo change (like the latest Warner reissues). I find it pointless but who am I to judge? I’m absolutely not interested in the original picture disc now since we are getting an official re-release! So yes, this re-release is an holy grail. 
I’m also sure some collectors with the original pressing are going to be livid with this new pressing, same will happen with the demos collectors if we are going to get never before heard demos in the future deluxe editions that they own. 

I think the demo hoarders have had exclusive access to the demos for long enough, even if they're shit at least we can enjoy knowing that we didn't pay thousands of pounds for them

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's just the regular Burning Up single remix pressed in Spain but with a unique cover. It's not ultra-rare like the Lucky Star sunglasses one, but it's rare and the prices are insane.

4808022627.jpg

12'' version (I got one free from a closed discotheque but it has a little hole in the sleeve):

118975506.jpg

I don't usually buy bootlegs but I picked up a 7" picture disc version of Ardiendo which is pretty cute

1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Frank said:

@theglamorousOMG where can i buy this???!!! It's gorgeous!!!!! i don't care it's a bootleg!!!!.

I got it from 1stopmadonnashop.com last year, they often have these type of things. I got a 7" picture disc of the Into The Groove movie cover and a 7" picture disc of the Over and Over 7" too

It's available on this site atm but it's quite pricey and I can't vouch for how good they are as I've never bought from them. They do have a large collection of weird and wonderful things though by the looks

https://www.cdandlp.com/seller/2/225713/gmvrecords.html?srt=1&what_adv=all&value_adv=madonna&value_adv2=

9 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Collecting is a very personal thing, I know people that collect every single pressing because of different catalog numbers or a logo change (like the latest Warner reissues). I find it pointless but who am I to judge? I’m absolutely not interested in the original picture disc now since we are getting an official re-release! So yes, this re-release is an holy grail. 
I’m also sure some collectors with the original pressing are going to be livid with this new pressing, same will happen with the demos collectors if we are going to get never before heard demos in the future deluxe editions that they own. 

The fact is that a reissue is still a reissue, and for serious collectors the desired items are the 'original' pressings especially if pressed in lower numbers or withdrawn. Collectors generally don't pay premium prices for reissues (especially when so many are produced) , it is the original pressings that are most sought after and command the higher prices. That's what you see in the Rare Record Price Guides. When people say they don't want the original it's usually because they just can't afford it (or don't want to pay that much) or just cannot track the item down.  

39 minutes ago, Tex20 said:

The fact is that a reissue is still a reissue, and for serious collectors the desired items are the 'original' pressings especially if pressed in lower numbers or withdrawn. Collectors generally don't pay premium prices for reissues (especially when so many are produced) , it is the original pressings that are most sought after and command the higher prices. That's what you see in the Rare Record Price Guides. When people say they don't want the original it's usually because they just can't afford it (or don't want to pay that much) or just cannot track the item down.  

Well with how much I spent on Madonna I see myself as serious collector. The Erotica Picture Disc was always on my Discogs want list, but I really don’t care about the original anymore since we are getting and official reissue. Again there are many different way to be a collector not just one. 

18 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Well with how much I spent on Madonna I see myself as serious collector. The Erotica Picture Disc was always on my Discogs want list, but I really don’t care about the original anymore since we are getting and official reissue. Again there are many different way to be a collector not just one. 

clap-applause.gif

Thanks for saying what many of us think.

4 hours ago, Tex20 said:

Yes the originals are always more valuable but their value decreases when reissues come out, unless they’re inferior to the OG. 
We shall see what happens here because the original is extremely limited and was never in circulation. But on the other hand the reissue is gonna be for sure a much better quality product

For me, the great thing about the Erotica picture disc is it finally fills the gap that until now a bootleg has taken. The completionist side of me would love to see all the recent singles that didn't get a vinyl release have 12"s too, even if I'm not that much of a fan of the past few years it'd be nice to have the complete set of singles. And 12"s for oddities like One More Chance, Love Don't Live Here Anymore, Oh Father and the Evita singles etc.

10 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Well said!!!

And of course those who had spent $$$$ on the 1992 PD will insist the reissue is not the same.

God knows how painful they felt inside their heart & wallet.:seeno: I would feel the same if I'm one of them.

6 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes the originals are always more valuable but their value decreases when reissues come out, unless they’re inferior to the OG. 
We shall see what happens here because the original is extremely limited and was never in circulation. But on the other hand the reissue is gonna be for sure a much better quality product

Exactly.

Once upon a time before STR LP was reissued, the original LP was priced as high as $500 on eBay.

When multiple STR reissues emerge, the original LP asking price on eBay dropped to as low as $80 and yet still no one bother to bid.

I like the reissue of Erotica because it's a canceled release and there are such a tiny number of original pd in the world that doing it finally is worthit.

But I'd be totally against reissuing too many already existing collectors... What for ? Ardiendo 7'' exists and nothing can replace the original that can be found if you are a bit patient for 60-90€ in good condition and I'm happy treasuring it. Don't want to have a badly reproduced scan of the sleeve reprinted...

We have dreamt for few hours of a maxi called Danceteria. We were all imaginating a unreleased sleeve with rare versions of songs and that was the best thing ever. If they want to do a 7'', please make "Each time you break my heart" demo of Madonna. Everybody would be happy and crazy with it...

Celebrating the 40th of Burning up with a reissue of an already existing vinyl with already existing tracks on it, what's the point... It's just an easy/lazy make money thing...

29 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

I like the reissue of Erotica because it's a canceled release and there are such a tiny number of original pd in the world that doing it finally is worthit.

But I'd be totally against reissuing too many already existing collectors... What for ? Ardiendo 7'' exists and nothing can replace the original that can be found if you are a bit patient for 60-90€ in good condition and I'm happy treasuring it. Don't want to have a badly reproduced scan of the sleeve reprinted...

We have dreamt for few hours of a maxi called Danceteria. We were all imaginating a unreleased sleeve with rare versions of songs and that was the best thing ever. If they want to do a 7'', please make "Each time you break my heart" demo of Madonna. Everybody would be happy and crazy with it...

Celebrating the 40th of Burning up with a reissue of an already existing vinyl with already existing tracks on it, what's the point... It's just an easy/lazy make money thing...

So what you’re saying is that you want them to reissue only the rare things you don’t have in your collection 😂

Im sorry to break it to everyone here who’s complaining about them reissuing things but this is a REISSUES campaign. So most of the stuff is gonna be just that, stuff that was already released back in the day. Peppered with the occasional unreleased material. 
And honestly they do try harder than other artists who had a reissues campaign. 
Mariah fans would love something similar to FEL. Good or bad, we are getting a new cover for RSD. The Erotica picture disc is one of the rarest picture discs ever made. And the WTG Super Club Mix is such a fun release and sounds amazing. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic