Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

So what you’re saying is that you want them to reissue only the rare things you don’t have in your collection 😂

Im sorry to break it to everyone here who’s complaining about them reissuing things but this is a REISSUES campaign. So most of the stuff is gonna be just that, stuff that was already released back in the day. Peppered with the occasional unreleased material. 
And honestly they do try harder than other artists who had a reissues campaign. 
Mariah fans would love something similar to FEL. Good or bad, we are getting a new cover for RSD. The Erotica picture disc is one of the rarest picture discs ever made. And the WTG Super Club Mix is such a fun release and sounds amazing. 

I get the point of most of members, and that's also mine.

We're not talking about an ordinary Reissue campaign; that kind of releases we've already had from Rhino (all the colour vinyl reissues since 2016/2017) and they didn't need any Madonna's partneship, care or partecipation.

This time, in occasion of an unique anniversay like the 40°, a super-relevant and irripetible one, we've been teased with an EXTRAORDINARY re-release campaign, so extraordinary that Madonna's inclusion had been needed through a mega partnership contract with Rhino --- the press release announced something really UNIQUE and never happened before. We all know that Warner / Rhino couldn't relase anything different than what's already been in the past, if not playing with "alternate" physical presentations (The albums cardborad boxsets in 2015, the Japan Mini-Lp cds in 2016, the various coloured vinyl till now to name some). But NOTHING that would need Madonna's approval in terms of never-before-released contents. The partnership and the new project aimed at this: for the first time, Madonna would have offered her approval to rediscover her recordings through eras like never before. Till now, despite the occasions, this has not happened and the releases are on a similar level to the past: fancy visually (more or less) attractive items, but adding anything new to the catalogue.

2 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

I like the reissue of Erotica because it's a canceled release and there are such a tiny number of original pd in the world that doing it finally is worthit.

But I'd be totally against reissuing too many already existing collectors... What for ? Ardiendo 7'' exists and nothing can replace the original that can be found if you are a bit patient for 60-90€ in good condition and I'm happy treasuring it. Don't want to have a badly reproduced scan of the sleeve reprinted...

We have dreamt for few hours of a maxi called Danceteria. We were all imaginating a unreleased sleeve with rare versions of songs and that was the best thing ever. If they want to do a 7'', please make "Each time you break my heart" demo of Madonna. Everybody would be happy and crazy with it...

Celebrating the 40th of Burning up with a reissue of an already existing vinyl with already existing tracks on it, what's the point... It's just an easy/lazy make money thing...

Just don't buy.

No one forcing you to buy.

10 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Just don't buy.

No one forcing you to buy.

I'm sure no one here feels forced to buy or do something, we're discussing a kind of offer started in a certain way and it's developing in a different way (I'm referring to the (in)famous press release). It's like going to a restaurant where meat is heavily advertised and you are suggested to order fish; obviously anyone is forced to eat the fish and certainly would not happen... but a "wtf?!" is a normal reaction, to me.

1 hour ago, MisterMistere said:

I get the point of most of members, and that's also mine.

We're not talking about an ordinary Reissue campaign; that kind of releases we've already had from Rhino (all the colour vinyl reissues since 2016/2017) and they didn't need any Madonna's partneship, care or partecipation.

This time, in occasion of an unique anniversay like the 40°, a super-relevant and irripetible one, we've been teased with an EXTRAORDINARY re-release campaign, so extraordinary that Madonna's inclusion had been needed through a mega partnership contract with Rhino --- the press release announced something really UNIQUE and never happened before. We all know that Warner / Rhino couldn't relase anything different than what's already been in the past, if not playing with "alternate" physical presentations (The albums cardborad boxsets in 2015, the Japan Mini-Lp cds in 2016, the various coloured vinyl till now to name some). But NOTHING that would need Madonna's approval in terms of never-before-released contents. The partnership and the new project aimed at this: for the first time, Madonna would have offered her approval to rediscover her recordings through eras like never before. Till now, despite the occasions, this has not happened and the releases are on a similar level to the past: fancy visually (more or less) attractive items, but adding anything new to the catalogue.

Well for the 40th anniversary of Everybody we don’t know yet what’s in store. It’s certainly going to be more. The Everybody disc is just for RSD but that doesn’t mean this is all. 
As for Madonnas involvement, wether you like the product or not, she was very involved in FEL. She handpicked the tracks, the covers and was in the studio for the remastering.

I just feel like people here read too much in their official announcements and expect the vaults to be wide open and get tons of previously unreleased material within a year. 
I think this is just unrealistic to expect. Especially in the beginning. I think they’re starting off more conservative and expand little by little according to feedback.

Look at the rollout of the remixes on streaming. They started out with just the main mixes and then they started adding more and more rarities. 

11 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

They issued a whole press release saying we were getting album re-releases with bonuses “curated by Madonna.” So far we haven’t seen anything like that at all. It’s not unreasonable to expect we’d be getting what was announced over a year ago.

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. 
For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. 

They never said everything was going to be released this year. And Madonna curated FEL, the deluxes will arrive probably staring next year. 
This year we had:

RSD WTG EP

FEL  

EROTICA PD

RSD EVERYBODY 

I guess they are doing what they were saying in the original press release. 

32 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

They never said everything was going to be released this year. And Madonna curated FEL, the deluxes will arrive probably staring next year. 
This year we had:

RSD WTG EP

FEL  

EROTICA PD

RSD EVERYBODY 

Also you may add: REBEL HEART TOUR vinyl (it's not made by Warner but it's official).

20 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. 
For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. 

This year we had:

RSD WTG EP

FEL  

EROTICA PD

RSD EVERYBODY 

Ok so a single word let’s them off the hook. It’s been a year and we are WAITING for the goods! Tick tock tick tock tick tick

On 9/18/2022 at 12:55 AM, Blue Jean said:

They issued a whole press release saying we were getting album re-releases with bonuses “curated by Madonna.” So far we haven’t seen anything like that at all. It’s not unreasonable to expect we’d be getting what was announced over a year ago.

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

To be fair the press release never stated 'bonuses' - that is all created by fan discussions - just like live tracks, demos and other previously unreleased items. It's a multi year campaign and is well under way - Everybody RSD is the 4th release under the campaign following WTG RSD, FEL and the Erotica picture disc. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut. This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

To be fair the press release never stated 'bonuses' - that is all created by fan discussions - just like live tracks, demos and other previously unreleased items. It's a multi year campaign and is well under way - Everybody RSD is the 4th release under the campaign following WTG RSD, FEL and the Erotica picture disc. 

I wasn't expecting a full first album reissue for her first single anniversary, and that's logic. Neither a box set.

What makes me wonder, especially for a special anniversary like Everybody, the very first single, "where it all began", to quote her, that had been treated in a way not so special. I mean, ok to reissue the single, but... dear God, let's add something really special to it, a little touch. And no, a getty images photo with a png fanmade logo from Google images is not something I would call something special nor appealing. Add a special b-side, add a unheard mix, anything... something REALLY special. They know how to do it: when it came to Remixed & Revisited they added Your Honesty. It's a shame a so unique anniversary is treated like they would have done in 2017 when Rhino could not do more without M's permission.

I don't think anything else is scheduled for Everybody anniversary. They used RSD because it was incidentally close to this event. That's it. We'll see what happens in 2023.

3 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

“Expansive deluxe editions of her albums” absolutely means bonus songs to me.

I guess you can interpret it differently but I can’t think what else that would mean really. But whatever it is we definitely haven’t seen it. Let’s hope an announcement of something more exciting comes this year!

1 hour ago, Craigypants said:

In 2023 Ray of Light turns 25. Maybe we will get something for that.ray of light madonna GIF🤞🎶🤷‍♂️

First album comes first, it’s 40th anniversary! 83-2023! Maybe we can get original shoot for the first album as an insert as well  as a bonus!

image.jpeg.f93038d171354a3efdbf2cd7c3a04bf1.jpeg

image.jpeg.6d8e5db44b1ec376ca683c65f13ff1f6.jpeg

Edited by Sergio Guarino (see edit history)

I wasn't expecting a full first album reissue for her first single anniversary, and that's logic. Neither a box set.

What makes me wonder, especially for a special anniversary like Everybody, the very first single, "where it all began", to quote her, that had been treated in a way not so special. I mean, ok to reissue the single, but... dear God, let's add something really special to it, a little touch. And no, a getty images photo with a png fanmade logo from Google images is not something I would call something special nor appealing. Add a special b-side, add a unheard mix, anything... something REALLY special. They know how to do it: when it came to Remixed & Revisited they added Your Honesty. It's a shame a so unique anniversary is treated like they would have done in 2017 when Rhino could not do more without M's permission.

I don't think anything else is scheduled for Everybody anniversary. They used RSD because it was incidentally close to this event. That's it. We'll see what happens in 2023.

Maybe they are saving all that for the first album reissue?

I’m pretty sure they’re not done with the Erotica and Everybody anniversaries. There will be more stuff coming closer to the date.

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It’s true that they’re not mentioning them but then what exactly is she curating for these if there’s no extra content? 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic