Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

It's up to her, in the end. I'm sure Warner is up for filling the reissues with as much unreleased material as possible, cause that's the main strong selling point.

If she wants to share demos, unreleased songs, etc., she will. Luckily she seems to be more relaxed now about her past. The fact that she was bopping on Instagram to her 1981-1982 demos should be a good sign.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's up to her, in the end. I'm sure Warner is up for filling the reissues with as much unreleased material as possible, cause that's the main strong selling point.

If she wants to share demos, unreleased songs, etc., she will. Luckily she seems to be more relaxed now about her past. The fact that she was bopping on Instagram to her 1981-1982 demos should be a good sign.

I mean Madonna and Warner need "unreleashed" material for the 50 anniversary. 

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The first album could be the exception to the demo side of things as there's not much else to work with and the 81-82 versions of tracks will likely form a good chunk of the film soundtrack (if it ever gets made!). My previous post was referring more to the demos of stuff that was already released on albums like Erotica, Ray of Light etc... with these albums, we know there are unreleased tracks in near-to-complete state as well as b-sides and rare remixes/extended versions that could make up a good package. Who knows though, just speculating...

I would be quite happy to get vinyl box sets with b-sides and remixes from their respective albums. 90% of the unreleased songs that have leaked are rubbish, apart from Liquid Love and a few others so I’m not sure most are worthy of being pressed to vinyl. Unless there are some true gems we haven’t gotten yet. But I feel like the best stuff made the albums.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I would be quite happy to get vinyl box sets with b-sides and remixes from their respective albums. 90% of the unreleased songs that have leaked are rubbish, apart from Liquid Love and a few others so I’m not sure most are worthy of being pressed to vinyl. Unless there are some true gems we haven’t gotten yet. But I feel like the best stuff made the albums.

Maybe she’ll remix the b sides to sound modern. That could be cool. Like she did with Its So Cool

35 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Maybe she’ll remix the b sides to sound modern. That could be cool. Like she did with Its So Cool

I honestly would love a book of collection of her inspiration for  composing songs that inspire her; albums or eras. I'd love for author Madonna to resurface again, not in the form of sex animal or children's book author, but reflective. Kinda like an autobiographical version of the podcast her and Stuart did for Hung Up. I need to know how she writes and articulates her words in long form when it's not "tongue and cheek"

2 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

I honestly would love a book of collection of her inspiration for  composing songs that inspire her; albums or eras. I'd love for author Madonna to resurface again, not in the form of sex animal or children's book author, but reflective. Kinda like an autobiographical version of the podcast her and Stuart did for Hung Up. I need to know how she writes and articulates her words in long form when it's not "tongue and cheek"

Totally. It might work better starting off as a long form interview so the right questions would be asked. 

Absolutely!

The "leaked" Erotica PD used to be one of most sought after by fans

There are some bootlegs being released in the past but it doesn't affect the leaked Erotica PD price 'cos those are bootlegs, fans want something official.

Since the official PD will be reissued, most of fans*** would happily acquire it to complete their collection instead of spending $$$$ for the leaked version.

***I used the word "MOST", so those who disagree please don't attack me 'cos I didn't include you

There may be some fans still prefer the leaked version but to most of fans, since both are official, it doesn't matter much.

Example: Before the reissue, STR 1995 vinyl was selling like $500 or more on eBay and attracts lots of bids.

After the reissue, STR 1995 vinyl value dropped to $80-$120 but no one cares anymore.

I think it is possible.nothing is written in stone. some collector may be desperate to sell and realize that many are happy with the reissue and rather than be stuck with the original for years, drop the price to sell. Keep in mind, alot of record collectors are often not even fans of a specific artist, they are just resellers of everything under the sun. 

19 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

No, it's a reissue - the 1992 pressing will retain it's value - fans who buy the official 2022 are a different audience to  high end collectors that chase the original

The value will definitely go down as its entire appeal was that it wasn’t released. Now people are just going to get the official 2022 release and not really care about the canceled version of even know about it. The original canceled version stuck out like a sore thumb because there was nothing like it. Now there will be. 

2 hours ago, drivebitch said:

The value will definitely go down as its entire appeal was that it wasn’t released. Now people are just going to get the official 2022 release and not really care about the canceled version of even know about it. The original canceled version stuck out like a sore thumb because there was nothing like it. Now there will be. 

I've been a collector for 35 years and many hardcore collectors from my generation will always chase the original pressing as it's a holy grail. Yes the 2022 reissue will fill a gap in many collections however the price and desirability of the original will not drop as a result - the bootleg issues over the years have also not impacted the value of the original etc 

41 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I've been a collector for 35 years and many hardcore collectors from my generation will always chase the original pressing as it's a holy grail. Yes the 2022 reissue will fill a gap in many collections however the price and desirability of the original will not drop as a result - the bootleg issues over the years have also not impacted the value of the original etc 

Yeah its a bit of a myth that a reissue lowers the price of the original, unless they're indistinguishable.

A temporary shortage can push an item price up but soon drops when it becomes more readily available. True rarities tend to hold their value. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Absolutely, these things happen all the time. Just look at other very collectible artists like 'The Beatles' and 'David Bowie'. There are the general / pedestrian collectors who will buy the standard reissues which are printed in abundance because they just want the item in their collection (which is fine) but the more hardcore / serious collectors will obtain the original 'holy grail' items that are far more scarce, more collectible and valuable. That's just how collecting works - like it or not. The original pressings of 'The Beatles' and 'Bowie' records always go for much higher prices and hold their value over time because they are the scarce original or withdrawn pressings which have discernible differences from the re-issues.

Mmm... I've always thought that "Serious collectors/Hardcore Collectors/Hi-end Collectors/Different audience collectors" buy original dress, original recordings reels, original sheets handwritten by Madonna, Stems, Multitracks... 

I, as "unimportant collector" because I don't care about first editions, will be happy with this re-issue.

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Mmm... I've always thought that "Serious collectors/Hardcore Collectors/Hi-end Collectors/Different audience collectors" buy original dress, original recordings reels, original sheets handwritten by Madonna, Stems, Multitracks... 

I, as "unimportant collector" because I don't care about first editions, will be happy with this re-issue.

There are no ‘unimportant’ collectors, just different degrees of collectors. Each to their own. 

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

you are important. no matter how rich Madonna is, we all contributed to it and she doesn't care about us in reality and we do not care that she does not care about us so who cares.

5 hours ago, Tex20 said:

Absolutely, these things happen all the time. Just look at other very collectible artists like 'The Beatles' and 'David Bowie'. There are the general / pedestrian collectors who will buy the standard reissues which are printed in abundance because they just want the item in their collection (which is fine) but the more hardcore / serious collectors will obtain the original 'holy grail' items that are far more scarce, more collectible and valuable. That's just how collecting works - like it or not. The original pressings of 'The Beatles' and 'Bowie' records always go for much higher prices and hold their value over time because they are the scarce original or withdrawn pressings which have discernible differences from the re-issues.

Yes but here it’s somewhat different. It’s not an album, it’s a picture disc. Picture discs in general are not that desirable. 

7 hours ago, MattyMads said:

I see a lot of collector snobbery here and it makes my blood boil

The term you're not a proper collector if you're not going for the original pieces is bs

There are many different types of collectors and in my experience there is not snobbery - I am in a few M collector groups and know a lot of M collectors around the world on social media and there is never any jealously, we are all just excited for each other when we find stuff - it's never a competition and we literally help each other find stuff. 

I know collectors who prefer the vinyl reissues as they want the experience of owning it brand new and I know collectors who have paid $4000 for the original Erotica picture disc. Everyone is different. 

32 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

There are many different types of collectors and in my experience there is not snobbery - I am in a few M collector groups and know a lot of M collectors around the world on social media and there is never any jealously, we are all just excited for each other when we find stuff - it's never a competition and we literally help each other find stuff. 

I know collectors who prefer the vinyl reissues as they want the experience of owning it brand new and I know collectors who have paid $4000 for the original Erotica picture disc. Everyone is different. 

Highest I have paid for a Madonna item was 1300 but never again. Ok maybe I will go 1000. but that's it. lol

I find collecting and your collection very personal. I mean you can feel "good" buying for example only 12'', only 12'' pictures discs, buying ALL copies, from all countries, all formats... but you must find your path collecting, and it's good, I don't find good a grade of collector of serious, important or whatever. I collect for example limited maxi singles, 2x12 maxis, some promo vinyls... a couple of CDsingles and maxis, all albums and special editions of course. I love memorabilia, posters, and that's it. And "that's it", I mean. If you are happy and rewarding with your collection, it's a good collection. I mean, it's not a job, status quo or something like that.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic