Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

1 hour ago, subversive said:

I find collecting and your collection very personal. I mean you can feel "good" buying for example only 12'', only 12'' pictures discs, buying ALL copies, from all countries, all formats... but you must find your path collecting, and it's good, I don't find good a grade of collector of serious, important or whatever. I collect for example limited maxi singles, 2x12 maxis, some promo vinyls... a couple of CDsingles and maxis, all albums and special editions of course. I love memorabilia, posters, and that's it. And "that's it", I mean. If you are happy and rewarding with your collection, it's a good collection. I mean, it's not a job, status quo or something like that.

Agreed -my collecting style is completist for commercial and promo vinyl / cds / cassettes along with any Australian memorabilia, promotional material, every possible thing relating to the 1993 Australian tour too. For everything else, my approach is 'buy what you love' so that means I won't buy all merchandise or magazines etc  I do have to say, it can feel like a job sometimes but it;s something I love doing the most after all this time, I love the hunt 

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Great price!! Lucky you!

Yes, I was really lucky. My best friend went to Madrid and told me she had found a boxset with all the singles in a specialized record store. 15000 pesetas in that moment (90 euros). She bought the boxset and I gave her the money. 

Today is one of my favorite item, but I bought it because I wanted desperately "Open Your Heart (Remix Edit)", "Like A Prayer (7'' Version)" and "Express Yourself (7'' Remix)" on CD. When I played the 3'' CD I really cried loud because the versions were "Open Your Heart (Album Version)" , "Like A Prayer (Album Fade)" and "Express Yourself (Album Version)".

On 9/24/2022 at 9:26 AM, Bjonkers said:

I think there's a pretty good chance we'll get some unreleased completed tracks for this campaign, they'd be crazy to piss us off without at least giving us polished versions of what has already been leaked, but regarding rough demos, I'd say that's less likely. They'll save that for the fans who are still alive for the 50th Anniversary! By that point, the audience will very limited to collectors (see the new Blondie collection) and the main version of her biggest hits will be all the general public will listen to.

I hope we get a boxset containing Shame and Goodbye To Innocence (straight pass).

I still can't believe she cut those but included Where Life Begins and Did You Do It on the final tracklist

46 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

I hope we get a boxset containing Shame and Goodbye To Innocence (straight pass).

I still can't believe she cut those but included Where Life Begins and Did You Do It on the final tracklist

Where Life Begins is incroyable! I still play it. The yearning, the pepped up frustration, the deviancy of it all. Not to mention that it's one of only 2 songs on the album which are actually about sex (as opposed to love). It's the other shoelace to the title track which ties everything together. 14 year old me could-not-cope.

I don't really class DYDI as anything other than an added bonus as it wasn't on every version of the album.

3 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Where Life Begins is incroyable! I still play it. The yearning, the pepped up frustration, the deviancy of it all. Not to mention that it's one of only 2 songs on the album which are actually about sex (as opposed to love). It's the other shoelace to the title track which ties everything together. 14 year old me could-not-cope.

I don't really class DYDI as anything other than an added bonus as it wasn't on every version of the album.

Unfortunately I bought the version that comes with DYDI, still need to get the clean version. 
I used to dislike Waiting, along WLB, but recently I came up to find that Waiting is a hundred times better than WLB (at least for my taste hahaha). 
Still my faves are the title track, Bad Girl, Words and BBB 

43 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

Unfortunately I bought the version that comes with DYDI, still need to get the clean version. 
I used to dislike Waiting, along WLB, but recently I came up to find that Waiting is a hundred times better than WLB (at least for my taste hahaha). 
Still my faves are the title track, Bad Girl, Words and BBB 

One of my fav M lyrics:

Next time you want pussy - just look in the mirror Baby.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
On 9/29/2022 at 1:46 PM, Simonsays said:

she wont publish shame for the same reason i think it did not make erotica - its too close in sound to "its a shame "by monnie love  and the spinners but its a great track and i wonder if it was intended to sound like the other two

wow I never knew that- just listened - you are so right! No way she will release it- she'd get sued lol

On 9/29/2022 at 12:46 AM, Simonsays said:

she wont publish shame for the same reason i think it did not make erotica - its too close in sound to "its a shame "by monnie love  and the spinners but its a great track and i wonder if it was intended to sound like the other two

Monie released Ring My Bell in 91, which sounds practically like a remix from Vogue, so I think she will be ok if M releases Shame some day  :lol:

16 hours ago, steady75 said:

Shit that's a good point about Shame. Damn. Maybe a HQ version of it will leak or be put out on streaming but not on physicals. That would be less revenue damaging to physical editions of the product. 

I can see how that’s a reason to leave it off the original album but it shouldn’t impact adding it as a bonus track now. 
I love her vocals on that track

7 hours ago, Drum Dub said:

sounds practically like a remix from Vogue

like most late hi-nrg house tracks from the early 90s.

Nothing will ever sound more like Vogue than Shep's house remixes of Janet's Miss You Much, released a couple of months before. 

MYM is the missing link between Shep's EY remixes and Vogue. I wonder how she sees it, and how Janet felt when Vogue became the smash hit that distanced everything and everyone else.