Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

26 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I have an original pressing that has a sticker on it saying “made in Netherlands” and both discs run at 33rpm.

But I compared it with the US reissue with the blue sticker and the sound quality is the same (except the new one has disc 2 at 45rpm)

Disc 1 did sound bad on my previous system. Overly bright and with lots of sibilance. But after I upgraded to a better cartridge it sounds fantastic. 

Thanks, I'll stick to the CD then ;-)

2 hours ago, Roy said:

God, that song is just perfection.

The poetry in the lyrics? Top tier.

Hahaha!!  I never would have guessed back in the day that she would have mentioned Colonel Fucking Sanders in one of her lyrics.  THIS is one of the reasons I will always worship this bitch.

Come to think of it, I never would have guessed that she would perform "I'm Going Bananas" live, either.  An era of surprises...

18 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

Hahaha!!  I never would have guessed back in the day that she would have mentioned Colonel Fucking Sanders in one of her lyrics.  THIS is one of the reasons I will always worship this bitch.

Come to think of it, I never would have guessed that she would perform "I'm Going Bananas" live, either.  An era of surprises...

I think out of all the possibilities, I'm Going Bananas on the Girlie Show is something we would never expect. I thought she would do something like Who's That Girl or Love Makes The World Go Round but nope. 

5 hours ago, Roy said:

I think out of all the possibilities, I'm Going Bananas on the Girlie Show is something we would never expect. I thought she would do something like Who's That Girl or Love Makes The World Go Round but nope. 

I disagree I think I'm going bananas was perfect because of the cabaret side of it. The original song is a take on Carmen Miranda and Hollywood showing Latin culture with  loud, buffoon like, exaggerated characters. It goes well during that part with  'bye Bye Baby' (being the chauvinist Big guys) 'Like a Virgin' as Marlene Dietrich and the introduction to the latin part of the show.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

I disagree I think I'm going bananas was perfect because of the cabaret side of it. The original song is a take on Carmen Miranda and Hollywood showing Latin culture with  loud, buffoon like, exaggerated characters. It goes well during that part with  'bye Bye Baby' (being the chauvinist Big guys) 'Like a Virgin' as Marlene Dietrich and the introduction to the latin part of the show.

"She liked a private in a general way....."
:thinker:

40 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Also if you want to know the inspiration for La Isla bonita costume and dance comes from:

https://youtu.be/2msq6H2HI-Y

The whole show is an homage to cinema, musicals, circus and weimar cabaret

(King & I, My fair Lady, Les Enfants du paris, Cabaret,Morocco, the Damned , Saturday Night fever....)

"The girls in the queue ahead of me at the airport,
we're practising their Spanish,
for Yes,
No,
It Undoes This Way......"

5 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Ohhhh... never thought of that. Now that you said it, it does flow well. :D

2 hours ago, Simonsays said:

if these are indeed remastered - i think it will give us a impression of how erotica the album will be remastered - lets hope its a good remaster because this album desperately needs it 

Not necessarily. Since this is just a single it might get a quick polish from a random engineer that was available.

For the album reissue they’ll probably hand pick a reputable name that will get a pretty good check and spend some time in the studio with the album.

That being said, the 2019 vinyl remasters of the first 4 albums were amazing. And so were all the RSD releases we got so far