Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

8 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

Fragile plastic at that. Mine arrived from FNAC today, lovely seem splits on 3 sides and dog ears on the insert. Nevertheless, the record itself looks beautiful. 

I have never had problems with Fnac, but a broken disc arrived to a friend of mine and they sent it back to him (returning the damaged product), have you tried to write an email to fnac attaching the photos?

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Mike Dean must have j*zzed all over the remaster and somehow worked wonders.

someone with some sound system that can listen to Madonna's gums rubbing when she speaks, might say there's a a missing beat or a decibel dropping in minute 1.34 with a second of a hissing that ruins the whole radio edit.

But in my decent  turntable sounds good enough.

16 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

someone with some sound system that can listen to Madonna's gums rubbing when she speaks, might say there's a a missing beat or a decibel dropping in minute 1.34 with a second of a hissing that ruins the whole radio edit.

But in my decent  turntable sounds good enough.

I was very pleasantly surprised as my expectations were quite low. Very minimal surface noise for a picture disc, which is also obscured by the tracks being cut quite loudly. I don't have the original picture disc to compare it to, but it sounds nice--heavy bass, too. Might compare it to my white Erotica album version record later. Not sure if this is the result of some sort of dedicated remastering effort, or the tracks just being mastered for the format. 

1 hour ago, ma(x) said:

I have never had problems with Fnac, but a broken disc arrived to a friend of mine and they sent it back to him (returning the damaged product), have you tried to write an email to fnac attaching the photos?

Yeah, never had issues with FNAC before and the record mailers are usually ok. But with a record this heavy in a thin pvc sleeve, I'm not sure a replacement would arrive much better tbh. If they do partial refunds, like Amazon, I'll shoot them an email later.

7 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

Yeah, never had issues with FNAC before and the record mailers are usually ok. But with a record this heavy in a thin pvc sleeve, I'm not sure a replacement would arrive much better tbh. If they do partial refunds, like Amazon, I'll shoot them an email later.

At this point I hope my ordered from amazon arrives intact, honestly I have always bought all the picture disc - Shaped in stores at the time when they came out..

17 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

Amazon pack their records incredibly well thou. Maybe too well, lots of paper, wrapping and boxing

30 minutes ago, Frank said:

Mine too!! If with that u mean the cardboard insert has like fold marks on the corners, mine has too, down left corner, f*ck! It's like a wrinkle, not really folded or torn... But anyway, it looks gorgeous 😍

Ohh, mine also has the same type of wrinkle on the bottom left corner! Perhaps it's a batch issue from the distributor or something. Maybe our copies were intimately smushed together during transit :kiss2:

4 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

I'm waiting for my friend to send me his copy, I'll message you when he does

It's reduced on amazon UK already, £28.92 now

I checked my digital library on Amazon, and it looks like they sent me the full Erotica album instead lol 👀

Currently chatting with Customer Service to see if I can get the correct tracks