Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

So what's the number etched on the bottom in this pic? Serial number?

6K8I0YU.jpeg

It's called the matrix or runout (because it's in the runout of the record). It can have the pressing plant info, mastering engineer, catalogue number etc. or sometimes it's just an identifier. 

All records have them, CDs also have them printed on the inner ring. 

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

This is wild.

I just got around to playing my copy.  It is static ridden. And, in 33 1/2 speed, it plays Half the speed and she sounds like the boogie man.  In 45 rpm it plays double speed.  Very very weird.  Nothing wrong with my turntables.

Anyone else experience this?

That's the devil's edition, it comes pre-cursed. If you play it backwards you'll hear a snippet of Warning Signs and a recipe for fried fish. 

I can't think why it would play like that. I mean, it can play slower if it's not connecting with the slipmat properly but that wouldn't explain why it's too fast on 45. Does it happen with any other records? Have you got a speed adjustment setting or a voltage selector switch that might have got knocked by mistake maybe? 

1 hour ago, Lisa Powerhouse said:

That's the devil's edition, it comes pre-cursed. If you play it backwards you'll hear a snippet of Warning Signs and a recipe for fried fish. 

I can't think why it would play like that. I mean, it can play slower if it's not connecting with the slipmat properly but that wouldn't explain why it's too fast on 45. Does it happen with any other records? Have you got a speed adjustment setting or a voltage selector switch that might have got knocked by mistake maybe? 

nope everything else I play is fine. i tried it on 3 of my turntables.  just this record. i guess i will consider it a rarity now lol