Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

You probably just didn't get it - it was an incredibly brave project and even 30 years later,  it's celebrated and no other pop star has dared to do anythihg like it. She's a risk taker and it was worth the risk 

It was incredible but don't you agree that it did overshadow the album, because even M has admitted that?

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The picture disc hasn't been officially announced yet and it seems plans suddenly changed with yesterday's news and I'm assuming it will be announced after the mourning period for the Queen - George Michael's estate have just delayed the Older release until the end of September for this reason and it is likely why Warner Music Australia withdrew it as Australia is part of the commonwealth and I assume the countries in the commonwealth will make it available by the end of the month etc meanwhile it's a soft launch in the USA / Euro countries 

Don't get it twisted. George Michael's estate are using the Queen's death as another excuse for their poor planning.

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

Don't get it twisted. George Michael's estate are using the Queen's death as another excuse for their poor planning.

It’s awful how they handled this release. And to top it off using someone’s death to cover up for their incompetence…

The GM estate is being run by complete incompetents from David Austin on top all the way down. They've already delayed the release 3 times and are looking for any excuse to delay it further. I bought it from Amazon, so I'm not out any $$$ but I feel bad for the people who preordered on the site, had their credit cards charged and have heard 4-5 months of excuse after excuse for the delays.

9 hours ago, otcoam said:

So happy they are doing a re-issue.  I first saw the original on display at a vinyl record show in my area back in 1993.  The dealer was wanting a lot of $ even back then.  I remember it being over $1000 and the dealer telling me the backstory.  I thought that would be a picture disc I would never have.  30 years later and it is finally happening.  

I agree, this is a really fun release for the fans, timed perfectly with the 30th anniversary of Erotica.

This is a super exciting release to me.  I was always a huge fan of this era.  And to have more Erotica versions on vinyl will be cool.  Very cool.  And the fact this is something that was meant to be released — then never was is simply icing on the cake.  So yeah… Very excited about this.  Like many others — I hope the entire album soon follows.  But this is a great start.

Living in the USA — Amazon made this very easy for me.  :)

Looking forward — here are my most wanted DELUX vinyl albums…

EROTICA.  RAY OF LIGHT.  MUSIC.  CONFESSIONS.  AMERICAN LIFE.

But I gotta admit — I could seriously go for more singles like this.  A re-issue of DIE ANOTHER DAY would be amazing.  The cover on that is simply amazing.

9 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The picture disc hasn't been officially announced yet and it seems plans suddenly changed with yesterday's news and I'm assuming it will be announced after the mourning period for the Queen 

Which is totally ridiculous. The whole world does not need to stop.

5 hours ago, Vasili said:

It was incredible but don't you agree that it did overshadow the album, because even M has admitted that?

It mattered at the time but 30 years later it does not matter. That album has gotten the appreciation it deserves since then. And the Sex book remains one of her most influential and groundbreaking works. If the Sex book wasn’t made the Erotica album would be a pretty different album. The song Erotica wouldn’t exist for one and it wouldn’t be called Erotica either. So it’s a moot point.

22 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

So glad that all M fans get to own a genuine official copy at an affordable price instead of paying $$$$ to scalpers.

To these people i wish strong testicular tumors, the vinyl box of "Finally Enough Love" keeps showing me the tongue from any trading site...I don't understand why the record companies still remain inert towards these assholes.

11 minutes ago, Riccardo1975 said:

To these people i wish strong testicular tumors, the vinyl box of "Finally Enough Love" keeps showing me the tongue from any trading site...I don't understand why the record companies still remain inert towards these assholes.

They probably have found a way to get in on the action like the ticketing companies. My friend sold a Kesha vinyl once on ebay and it was bought by her manager.  (Same name and address.) Not sure what the deal was but pretty suspicious.

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

They probably have found a way to get in on the action like the ticketing companies. My friend sold a Kesha vinyl once on ebay and it was bought by her manager.  (Same name and address.) Not sure what the deal was but pretty suspicious.

It would be a big step forward if the authorized selling sites only gave one purchase option for each credit card.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It mattered at the time but 30 years later it does not matter. That album has gotten the appreciation it deserves since then. And the Sex book remains one of her most influential and groundbreaking works. If the Sex book wasn’t made the Erotica album would be a pretty different album. The song Erotica wouldn’t exist for one and it wouldn’t be called Erotica either. So it’s a moot point.

The working title of the album was The Girlie Show too :)

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic