1 hour ago, Riccardo1975 said:

Fake product:

1. No catalog number

2. EROTICA not in gold text

3. Rim is too thick

4. Picture color is too faded

5. Top left has no "Madonna Erotica" text on the backing card

2 hours ago, Riccardo1975 said:

To these people i wish strong testicular tumors, the vinyl box of "Finally Enough Love" keeps showing me the tongue from any trading site...I don't understand why the record companies still remain inert towards these assholes.

No. I've had testicular cancer and I don't wish that on anyone. Besides, it wouldn't change a thing.  Stupid greedy people don't understand karma.

No, let some rich sucker buy these overpriced items,, then let the parcel get lost in the mail so the seller has to refund the buyer.

It's like concert tickets. They always buy tickets to resell at shameless prices on ebay. But when Madonna came to Sweden on her MDNA Tour, the stadium was far from sold out, and all the scalpers lost a huge amount of money. :)

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It mattered at the time but 30 years later it does not matter. That album has gotten the appreciation it deserves since then. And the Sex book remains one of her most influential and groundbreaking works. If the Sex book wasn’t made the Erotica album would be a pretty different album. The song Erotica wouldn’t exist for one and it wouldn’t be called Erotica either. So it’s a moot point.

For the record, Erotica is in my Top 3 Madonna albums (#JusticeForAndreBetts) and I adore the Sex book.

I'm not posing the question as to whether the book was completely regrettable... but perhaps its timing was.

Every interview was about the book's controversy and rarely the music, and MTV didn't play any of its videos until Rain.

While a portion of the fan community may appreciate the album more now, I hear it's her least-streamed album.

2 hours ago, Riccardo1975 said:

Unbelivable.

The record is still available at amazon for $25. :laughing:

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Nobody talks about this: it's not a simply re-issue, the tracks are labeled as "2022 remaster".

A:

1 Erotica (2022 Remaster)

B:

1 Erotica (Instrumental) [2022 Remaster]

2 Erotica (Radio Edit Version) [2022 Remaster]

Welp... we all know how that's gonna sound. XD

8 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Nobody talks about this: it's not a simply re-issue, the tracks are labeled as "2022 remaster".

A:

1 Erotica (2022 Remaster)

B:

1 Erotica (Instrumental) [2022 Remaster]

2 Erotica (Radio Edit Version) [2022 Remaster]

I don’t think that has much relevance in this case.
But what I’m thinking is that they didn’t go through the trouble of remastering the tracks just for this release. And probably the entire album has been prepared to be reissued 

5 hours ago, Riccardo1975 said:

To these people i wish strong testicular tumors, the vinyl box of "Finally Enough Love" keeps showing me the tongue from any trading site...I don't understand why the record companies still remain inert towards these assholes.

It’s called a free market. If someone is rare and desirable it’s gonna be valuable. If it’s too much nobody is forcing anyone to buy. The product was available at retail price for about a month this spring…

12 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Fake product:

1. No catalog number

2. EROTICA not in gold text

3. Rim is too thick

4. Picture color is too faded

5. Top left has no "Madonna Erotica" text on the backing card

I wonder how many differences this reissue will have compared to the original withdrawn Orlake pressing. 

14 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think that has much relevance in this case.
But what I’m thinking is that they didn’t go through the trouble of remastering the tracks just for this release. And probably the entire album has been prepared to be reissued 

May you be right, please... I would die for a commemorative box set or something, instead of only a vinyl reissue

1 hour ago, Lucas B. said:

May you be right, please... I would die for a commemorative box set or something, instead of only a vinyl reissue

We already know there is going to be a deluxe version of the album, maybe not this year but it’s not like they are going to release the Erotica Picture Disc and that’s it for that era. The original press release from last year (and this year too) was pretty clear on the whole thing. And again this re-release is HUGE.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic