Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

17 hours ago, steady75 said:

Erotica is for real ones only. It sorted the wheat from the chaff fans wise.

M really was like "if you don't like me rimming mens assholes then fuck off Julie"

.....and Julie fucked off. 

Julie had terrible taste in music anyway.

She’s a massive Steps and Kylie fan these days…

On 9/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, thegoldencalf said:

It’s called a free market. If someone is rare and desirable it’s gonna be valuable. If it’s too much nobody is forcing anyone to buy. The product was available at retail price for about a month this spring…

The free market makes sense when you have a rarity that you bought 20 years ago and that you want to sell because you don't care anymore, not when you buy it specifically to resell it by quintupling the retail price, taking away the opportunity to buy it from all those fans who would like to purchase it at an honest price, as it should be.
Other than available for a month! I logged on madonna.com as soon as i received the warning email and the "Finally Enough Love" box was already sold out.

1 hour ago, Riccardo1975 said:

The free market makes sense when you have a rarity that you bought 20 years ago and that you want to sell because you don't care anymore, not when you buy it specifically to resell it by quintupling the retail price, taking away the opportunity to buy it from all those fans who would like to purchase it at an honest price, as it should be.
Other than available for a month! I logged on madonna.com as soon as i received the warning email and the "Finally Enough Love" box was already sold out.

Well I get the frustration because I had to pay $300 for the MadameX blue vinyl but I also understood that it’s nobody’s responsibility to make sure I secure a copy and didn’t wish anyone harm for it. 
And for FEL after it was sold out on Madonna.com it was made available in plenty of other places and all the links were posted here in real time

9 minutes ago, otcoam said:

Just curious.  How many copies did some of you purchase for pre-order?  I pre-ordered three on Amazon. It could be a good investment if they end up being somewhat limited.  Has anyone heard the number printed?

Bought 2 copies, it'll be limited I imagine but I wouldn't expect it to be in the same league as the FEL 6LP set is investment wise

11 hours ago, Riccardo1975 said:

People always blame the sellers but never the people paying ridiculous prices. Aren’t they the ones deciding the value of these things?

Looks like Amazon UK are now getting ready for preorders. This page appeared this morning although it's still 'Currently unavailable' 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BDMZQNB8/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=24RWBNJB8EO8F&keywords=erotica+picture+disc+madonna&qid=1662963185&sprefix=erotica+picture+disk+madonna+%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-5

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

People always blame the sellers but never the people paying ridiculous prices. Aren’t they the ones deciding the value of these things?

People don't do their research on items in a lot of cases - for example a lot of newer collectors default to eBay and drive up auction prices or panic buy without considering a lot of other places such a discogs and online stores, since the pandemic a lot of record stores have online stores etc for example there are people paying a lot for FEL indie edtions on ebay without checking indie stores 

Having said that, in the case of the 6LP FEL box set, there was a fair amount of time to buy it before it sold out everywhere and a lot of people assumed it wouldn't sell out because they didn't like the artwork or believed it would be available later at stores despite it being a online exclusive etc I'm in two minds about how I feel about fans making huge $$$$ from other fans for the box set as they bought multiple - from one side, it's a good idea to cover the costs of your own FEL purchases but on the other side, it's opportunistic of fans who couldn't or didn't buy when it was available 

10 hours ago, otcoam said:

Just curious.  How many copies did some of you purchase for pre-order?  I pre-ordered three on Amazon. It could be a good investment if they end up being somewhat limited.  Has anyone heard the number printed?

7 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I ordered 3. 1 to frame. 1 to play. 1 for good luck, lol

edit: I don't expect them too be very limited considering it was for sale on an obscure website before it was officially announced.

I ordered 3 as well :speakno:

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Having said that, in the case of the 6LP FEL box set, there was a fair amount of time to buy it before it sold out everywhere and a lot of people assumed it wouldn't sell out because they didn't like the artwork or believed it would be available later at stores despite it being a online exclusive 

I don’t understand why they couldn’t just print the amount of copies needed based on pre-orders though. Isn’t that the point of doing pre-orders, to gage demand?

Or did they want it to be sold out as a marketing ploy?

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t understand why they couldn’t just print the amount of copies needed based on pre-orders though. Isn’t that the point of doing pre-orders, to gage demand?

Or did they want it to be sold out as a marketing ploy?

As you may know, vinyl pressings have a 6 month + delay so they planned for 6000 as a limited edition box set - the project commenced a year ahead of the release and pre-orders were released  to fans in May for an August release which means the vinyl pressings were locked in at the plant and likely already in progress. I see the pre-orders as an assurance of the success of the product these days rather than informing how many should be pressed. 

It also creates a collectors market for modern releases which is a good thing I think 

15 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

As you may know, vinyl pressings have a 6 month + delay so they planned for 6000 as a limited edition box set - the project commenced a year ahead of the release and pre-orders were released  to fans in May for an August release which means the vinyl pressings were locked in at the plant and likely already in progress. I see the pre-orders as an assurance of the success of the product these days rather than informing how many should be pressed. 

It also creates a collectors market for modern releases which is a good thing I think 

Do you happen to know what the first album reissue is then as you seem to know a lot about the pre-history of FEL ? 🤔😀

29 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

So when they realised the demand was greater than 6000 in May why couldn't they just order another 2000 to come in November/December?

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

So when they realised the demand was greater than 6000 in May why couldn't they just order another 2000 to come in November/December?

Because they realized this in April. And probably the plants are fully booked for all the fall releases.
And it was announced as a 6000 limited press. It’s considered a bad practice to release more stock when you announce something as limited.

https://shop.madonna.com/products/erotica-30th-anniversary-picture-disc

https://shopuk.madonna.com/products/erotica-30th-anniversary-picture-disc

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Madonna’s ‘Erotica’ album with the official release of the 1992 cancelled 3-tracks vinyl picture disc. Famous “toe sucking” photo featured on the front and “Madonna Erotica” logo on the back. Comes with a two-sided backer card and transparent PVC sleeve.

Madonna_Erotica_PicDisc_FullFront.jpg

Madonna_Erotica_PicDisc.jpg

• RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic