Jump to content

Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022


Karma
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, jonjon2 said:

I for one am sick of this sh*t. Another physical release like it's still 1992? WTG never got a digital release. Doubt this one will either. Would of been nice to get a proper 30th anniversary remastered digital deluxe edition like any other artist would put out. But nope! We get this sh*t. It's tragic to be a Madonna fan in 2022.

 

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Totally agree - complete lack of sense with all these vinyl and cruddy remixes 🥹

Some of us are excited by it. Why does the constant whining have to seep into every single thread on here?

If you guys don’t like it why do you come in a thread dedicated to this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 11:44 PM, thegoldencalf said:

 

Some of us are excited by it. Why does the constant whining have to seep into every single thread on here?

If you guys don’t like it why do you come in a thread dedicated to this? 

Good on ya bud, and some of us live in 2022 and don't have time to sit around in one place listening to records like it's the 70's. I've seen ya around here squakin' about how there wasn't a WTG digital release, so don't be playing innocent. If you celebrate the crumbs, then it is crumbs you are given, good one to remember next time your outside your house without your record player wanting to listen to some Madonna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jonjon2 said:

Good on ya bud, and some of us live in 2022 and don't have time to sit around in one place listening to records like it's the 70's. I've seen ya around here squakin' about how there wasn't a WTG digital release, so don't be playing innocent. If you celebrate the crumbs, then it is crumbs you are given, good one to remember next time your outside your house without your record player wanting to listen to some Madonna.

Yes I love digital releases and I want them all released. But I am also a record collector and I am allowed to appreciate two different mediums.

My point was that this is a thread about the PICTURE DISC. There’s another one specifically for digital releases and one for the reissues campaign. So why not complain there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think it’s probably just years of built up tension watching other fan bases get deluxe anniversary editions while Madonna fans have had fuck all. 
A lot of the angst will die down (hopefully) when we actually see the extent of what the first deluxe release will look like. I really think a good bunch of the hardcore who have been left luke warm by recent celebratory offerings are waiting on the deluxe propa to actually keep them at the Madonna table. If they ain’t done well it’s entirely possible they’ll just quietly depart the party. 
I think the Erotica pic disc and WTG EP are cute enough and appreciate the intention of the new remixes but they’re some of the most disposable things she’s ever done and I don’t think there’s actually anything in Madonna’s career that’s been disposable in terms of musical content. Ok maybe Hey You and a few b sides. 
FEL is a fan dream but they even tinkered with that and the the artwork felt sub par. I’m enjoying the ride for the most part but yeah I defo need to see whether the first deluxe is top class. There’s a lot riding in it for some of us. Years invested patiently waiting you might say. Things always get angtsy when you can smell the food in the kitchen but it’s not on your plate yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes I love digital releases and I want them all released. But I am also a record collector and I am allowed to appreciate two different mediums.

My point was that this is a thread about the PICTURE DISC. There’s another one specifically for digital releases and one for the reissues campaign. So why not complain there?

You coulda just shut your mouth in the first place and not start bitching about the bitching! Have a good one bud 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Thank god I didn’t buy it… nothing special about it & looks boring/outdated lol… lame release… I was hoping for something BIG for this 30TH anniversary!!!…. Too bad it’s not happening. Disappointed.

And you’re still talking about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now, for real, do you guys think we'll be getting box sets? And if so, what do you think we'll get in them?

I would love for her to release new remastered versions plus a bonus disc of b-sides and/or unreleaseds/demos along with a dvd or blu-ray containing some footage from that era like music videos, interviews, behind the scenes etc. Something like this would satisfy me as fan and collector

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucas B. said:

Now, for real, do you guys think we'll be getting box sets? And if so, what do you think we'll get in them?

I would love for her to release new remastered versions plus a bonus disc of b-sides and/or unreleaseds/demos along with a dvd or blu-ray containing some footage from that era like music videos, interviews, behind the scenes etc. Something like this would satisfy me as fan and collector

Yes, we'll get boxsets, but with the promotional rare edits, remixes and b-sides (maybe with a couple of unreleased remixes). Fans are waiting for a lot of demos and unreleased songs, but I see it highly improbable this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there's a pretty good chance we'll get some unreleased completed tracks for this campaign, they'd be crazy to piss us off without at least giving us polished versions of what has already been leaked, but regarding rough demos, I'd say that's less likely. They'll save that for the fans who are still alive for the 50th Anniversary! By that point, the audience will very limited to collectors (see the new Blondie collection) and the main version of her biggest hits will be all the general public will listen to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI changed the title to Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...