Erotica Picture Disc Reissue - October 21, 2022

Have y'all heard of WIKIFUCKINGPEDIA

There's a whole section about this, please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_American_and_British_English

There are even dictionaries and encyclopaedias / enyclopedias about this so please let's leave this out of the forum. You're hurting my brain.

15 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes he did, with pristine vocals. Something different happened with Voices, with distorted bass and vocals. And that was probably because of bad mastering by Demo. 

Yes, Voices too. Thanks for reminding me.

Its distorted bass kind of tarnished an otherwise great song for me, personally.

Can't wait to get my copy - for now I FINALLY bought Sex (complete UK edition with mylar cover and cd) and the Confessions and Rebel vinyls.

After 14 years being a fan, I'm finally gonna get my hands on a copy of Sex... I still can't believe it, the waiting is finally over, I'll finally have my own copy and a complete one. For sure there's a certain satisfaction in a little bit of wait.

sXMTFPX.gif

8 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

Can't wait to get my copy - for now I FINALLY bought Sex (complete UK edition with mylar cover and cd) and the Confessions and Rebel vinyls.

After 14 years being a fan, I'm finally gonna get my hands on a copy of Sex... I still can't believe it, the waiting is finally over, I'll finally have my own copy and a complete one. For sure there's a certain satisfaction in a little bit of wait.

sXMTFPX.gif

Congrats!!

1 hour ago, Lucas B. said:

sXMTFPX.gif

The studio album?

I hope you didn't pay a lot for it 'cos it was available everywhere for many years till last year.

44 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

The studio album?

I hope you didn't pay a lot for it 'cos it was available everywhere for many years till last year.

Some people are selling it for some expensive amounts, but I was lucky to find a guy who was selling his whole M vinyl collection and bought both for $55 each

On 10/4/2022 at 8:39 PM, PlayPause said:

Mine (2003 European edition* I found 10 years ago, mint and sealed) sounds really saturated whereas the CD sounds sharp and cold like many electroclash releases from the early 2000s. But I have bought a new (more expensive) stylus a couple of months ago, so I'll give AL a spin as I'm not sure I've thought of it. I quit listening to this vinyl after 2 or 3 times.

@thegoldencalfgave it try today. LP1 still sounds like shit. This pressing isn't good.

What's yours btw, so I can look for a good one?

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

@thegoldencalfgave it try today. LP1 still sounds like shit. This pressing isn't good.

What's yours btw, so I can look for a good one?

I have an original pressing that has a sticker on it saying “made in Netherlands” and both discs run at 33rpm.

But I compared it with the US reissue with the blue sticker and the sound quality is the same (except the new one has disc 2 at 45rpm)

Disc 1 did sound bad on my previous system. Overly bright and with lots of sibilance. But after I upgraded to a better cartridge it sounds fantastic.