Weird Al trailer!

Alpha

I am sure it is entertaining, but I honestly find this bizarre! I’d love to have faith that modern audiences have the ability to understand parody and satire, but this is disconcerting like the weird Madonna IG accounts that meld her old face with new photos, or photoshop 35 year old photos…at what point do we define something as revisionism? I think it’s all quite dangerous and frighteningly dystopian! In French there is an expression that I remember from a song in the late 1980e  “c’est le dernier qui a parlé qui a raison”. It roughly translates to “he who has the last word is always right”. 

3 hours ago, Alibaba said:

I am sure it is entertaining, but I honestly find this bizarre! I’d love to have faith that modern audiences have the ability to understand parody and satire, but this is disconcerting like the weird Madonna IG accounts that meld her old face with new photos, or photoshop 35 year old photos…at what point do we define something as revisionism? I think it’s all quite dangerous and frighteningly dystopian! In French there is an expression that I remember from a song in the late 1980e  “c’est le dernier qui a parlé qui a raison”. It roughly translates to “he who has the last word is always right”. 

Well this is true...people are quite stupid nowadays

if the movie does well, it can only increase the cool factor for Madonna, it's really great that she's a prominent character in the movie, and it looks like it's all positive, even if it's mostly made up.

Btw, does anyone know if Madonna is credited as a songwriter on Like a Surgeon? The story I heard is that she co-wrote the lyrics with Al to get a credit she didn't have on the original.... but in the Wiki page she is not listed as the songwriter in the summary, but is listed as a songwriter in the Personnel article.

This Blond Ambition parody :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw it last night and loved it. Daniel was great and it starts slow but it really takes off. It's a great parody of musical biopics. There is only one Walk Hard, but this was great.

I loved Evan Rachel Wood and without giving too much away, I can only say that Madonna had a lot to do. You're gonna love this if you like absurdist humor (it's more Tim and Eric than Monty Python tho).