M15 - The New Album

Fabiolous

Yes, she says in the video that she wants to revisit HOUSE MUSIC in the future. It´s the question 6 in the video.

And I hope she calls Tracy Young to produce her next album. This woman has done the best Madonna´s remixes in the last two decades. And has just been nomeninee for another Grammy. 

=) 

Either the passage of time is already beginning to affect my neurons that it doesn't allow me to understand in which part of the video Madonna talks about this new album that everyone is talking about or is it that the wrong ones are everyone except me. The truth is that I had to see the video several times and the only thing I found was when Madonna is asked how she feels about her RECENT album FEL and nothing else.

And I understand the misunderstanding since most of the fans (except a few) want a new album. Personally I don't care if it's pop, heavy metal, reggae, acid rock or... hip hop. What I want is to hear something new from Madonna but now and to be able to live all that preamble that characterizes each new album where we fans begin to elaborate theories and collect rumors about the name of the new songs, the name of the album, the collaborations, etc.

Personally I would like to contribute with a possible name of the new album. I would like it to be called “Whore of Babylon” (in fact it was supposed to be called The Reinvention Tour originally but in the end it was discarded) , due to the high sexual charge and eroticism that Madonna demonstrates in her latest appearances and that personally make me longingly remember Dita, one of her alter egos, and who knows, maybe we can see her again but this time in her 2022 version.

I would love a revisit to traditional 80s synths with proper bridges and dance breaks.  I understand they don't make music like they used to but nothing compares to a great bridge in a song following a dance break.  Very Into the Groove, Causing a Commotion vibes. I get her style now though, I don't think she's going to steer away from the rap collabs now. She's very invested.

44 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I would love a revisit to traditional 80s synths with proper bridges and dance breaks.  I understand they don't make music like they used to but nothing compares to a great bridge in a song following a dance break.  Very Into the Groove, Causing a Commotion vibes. I get her style now though, I don't think she's going to steer away from the rap collabs now. She's very invested.

She ought to stop trying to impress her children with her music.

When her children started critiquing her music, her output started to change.

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

She ought to stop trying to impress her children with her music.

When her children started critiquing her music, her output started to change.

No i think her music started to change when her fans got old and were no longer in touch with the zeitgeist or underground. What's a 64 year old pop star to do? Cater to her aging fans who's consumption of music is only physical and only bash her or should she cater to the current valuable consumers of music who don't know her music and bash her? Quite the conundrum and which has led to such messes as rebel heart and madame x. She caters to both and neither of them appreciate it enough to help her chart. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

No i think her music started to change when her fans got old and were no longer in touch with the zeitgeist or underground. What's a 64 year old pop star to do? Cater to her aging fans who's consumption of music is only physical and only bash her or should she cater to the current valuable consumers of music who don't know her music and bash her? Quite the conundrum and which has led to such messes as rebel heart and madame x. She caters to both and neither of them appreciate it enough to help her chart. 

You sure made some generalisations about the profile of her 'aging' fans.

I'm decades younger, don't buy physical, don't listen to commercial radio, and mostly listen to new independent music.

But what's an 'aging' popstar to do? She could try following her heart and make the music that she truly desires.

This recent quote says so much about where she's been and where she wants to go:

"I think what's changed the most is just the songs. Songs have changed. The concept of songwriting. I'm just, give me a song. I need a beginning, a middle and an end. You know what I mean? I get confused by people's music. And also there are just too many artists on songs. I feel chaotic when I listen to them."

Instead, she tries to cater to younger generations in an effort to stay cool, but she tends to not wear it well.

The public and many of her fans see through this. It's not about ageism or racism but what's convincing and what's not.

It's also about integrity; behaving (creating) in a way that is in alignment with your inner (artistic) principles.

8 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

Yes, she says in the video that she wants to revisit HOUSE MUSIC in the future. It´s the question 6 in the video.

And I hope she calls Tracy Young to produce her next album. This woman has done the best Madonna´s remixes in the last two decades. And has just been nomeninee for another Grammy. 

=) 

Tracy Young?

is this satire? 

1 hour ago, Vasili said:

You sure made some generalisations about the profile of her 'aging' fans.

I'm decades younger, don't buy physical, don't listen to commercial radio, and mostly listen to new independent music.

But what's an 'aging' popstar to do? She could try following her heart and make the music that she truly desires.

This recent quote says so much about where she's been and where she wants to go:

"I think what's changed the most is just the songs. Songs have changed. The concept of songwriting. I'm just, give me a song. I need a beginning, a middle and an end. You know what I mean? I get confused by people's music. And also there are just too many artists on songs. I feel chaotic when I listen to them."

Instead, she tries to cater to younger generations in an effort to stay cool, but she tends to not wear it well.

The public and many of her fans see through this. It's not about ageism or racism but what's convincing and what's not.

It's also about integrity; behaving (creating) in a way that is in alignment with your inner (artistic) principles.

Yada yada Yada i aint gonna read all that but imma make sure to quote you to make sure you know i ain't readin' all that 😂

If M is really interested in doing a FULL house album, I‘d like her to work with Detroit house legend Kevin Saunderson of Inner City and/or IDSIF remixer Honey Dijon. Maybe with some help of Stuart Price as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUZRDxosvg7/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSzL_F7LFsX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQrGR48qLuq/

11 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

=) 

Tracy Young is shit. There I said it. 

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

No i think her music started to change when her fans got old and were no longer in touch with the zeitgeist or underground. What's a 64 year old pop star to do? Cater to her aging fans who's consumption of music is only physical and only bash her or should she cater to the current valuable consumers of music who don't know her music and bash her?

I agree with your statement, especially with the 1st sentence! Many longtime fans seem to be stuck in certain eras, not open for new things and would like M to do a second LAP, ROL or COADF. Same as life, music is in constant change and progress and that‘s what her music always has been about - combining her own sound with music, she is currently listening to and feels inspired by. At the moment it seems to be HOUSE…