M15 - The New Album

Fabiolous

9 minutes ago, Scor-pi-o said:

I agree with your statement, especially with the 1st sentence! Many longtime fans seem to be stuck in certain eras, not open for new things and would like M to do a second LAP, ROL or COADF. Same as life, music is in constant change and progress and that‘s what her music always has been about - combining her own sound with music, she is currently listening to and feels inspired by. At the moment it seems to be HOUSE…

And i have to say...you don't have to like everything M does. I for one think PDP and LIB are awful songs but the post was just so eye rolling. 

You know, sometimes I think, and I hope that I´m proven wrong, that there will not be more new music ever. I deeply feel she is not able or interested on it anymore, not in the singing field, not in the performace field either. I don´t see her as a music artist anymore, more like those instagram celebrities that are famous but not for an artistic work. I don´t see her as an artist anymore. She is not even in the state of mind of Madame X, not so far away, yet miles away if you see her living through the last 3 years. The madonna that did a cover to pay homage to David Bowie on The Rebel Heart tour is not the current Madonna we see drinking wine and putting filters on her insta, that one that sung her heart out in a very carefully done performance paying tribute to Price a few years ago. Something has changed in her deeply and I don´t see musical passion anymore or her drive to work on the level she did till not so much ago.

I must say even if I disliked Madame x overall, that was carefully done, including the promotion and her persona there (ok, vocally something went wrong with Eurovision, but the rest was fine) but I don´t see she is going to put that level of effort anymore on a record or tour. 

She is not so old, it is more her mind, I think, something happened to her and she has changed a lot. It´s like two different persons, the one till Rebel Heart or even Madame x, and the one that is now that does not care at all for anything except for looking young on fake insta pictures.

But I must say I recognised some Madonna of always vibes on that last 50 questions video last week, so who knows? I would love her to be the Madonna of always again, even if older, I don´t care.

Maybe it's the reactions to MX that have put her off. Personally I think it's one of her best albums, but it didn't perform that well. I think, judging the music and defenitely the videos M was really on a creative high and caring a lot about her work. However, after the Eurovison disaster the backlash was so enormous I can't imagine it did not affect her. Put on top of that a very flawed tour experience, the show was great but she was in agony and forced to cancel shows left and right which mostly irritated her fan base further.

For me things went south once covid hit. I was shocked by how careless and irresponsible she acted online. From the woman who spread information about HIV/Aids before governments did I expected her to be taking the lead and be an advocate for solidarity. She probably enjoys the way she comes across now because why would she do it otherwise, and there have been one or two interviews where you see that the Madonna of old is still there, as intelligent and witty, but it gets harder for us to see her (she's Argentina, and always will be)

I think she's been grumpy for the best part of a decade with moments of wild and forced immaturity. Whilst this recent light hearted megalolz Madonna isn't my favourite incarnation of her I do see moments of the woman behind the mask. I think there's more theatre in her public persona now than ever has been before. She seriously took her eye off the prize in the last decade and it seems she has a bit of a fire under her ass again. There's a very very very slight whiff of panic that the goal posts keep changing and she's getting left behind coming from her. Sometimes this feels like desperation but channeled correctly she can still do great things. 

David is 17 in a fortnight and mercy 17 in January. It's not impossible to imagine they will want to fly the coop maybe even in the next year to live away of go to uni in another state. I wonder how this will change M's head space if she is left with an ever emptying house. Just the twins her current squeeze and less handlers around. 

I'm actually really exited about her next album. She never really fails. MDNA was not fully realised and I think if she put as much time into the record as she did the tour and her film it could have been far superior. Rebel Heart was chaotic but theres some brilliant mood boards and melodies and songs. Those first six tracks released that December felt like pure old M quality again after the Hard Candy / Celebration / MDNA nadir of her career. Madame X is spiky and ornamental, hard to digest but the production and thought and love is respected even if not fully loved. 

I just have a really good feeling about the next era. I sense a shift coming. 

4 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Maybe it's the reactions to MX that have put her off. Personally I think it's one of her best albums, but it didn't perform that well. I think, judging the music and defenitely the videos M was really on a creative high and caring a lot about her work. However, after the Eurovison disaster the backlash was so enormous I can't imagine it did not affect her. Put on top of that a very flawed tour experience, the show was great but she was in agony and forced to cancel shows left and right which mostly irritated her fan base further.

For me things went south once covid hit. I was shocked by how careless and irresponsible she acted online. From the woman who spread information about HIV/Aids before governments did I expected her to be taking the lead and be an advocate for solidarity. She probably enjoys the way she comes across now because why would she do it otherwise, and there have been one or two interviews where you see that the Madonna of old is still there, as intelligent and witty, but it gets harder for us to see her (she's Argentina, and always will be)

TBH, I praise her for her attitude towards covid. I'm not talking about the miss-information, but about not being obligated about having a mask or whatever said the goverment. We lost our minds and rights in only 2 days because of the media and the hysteria instead of acting like mature people that can decide what to do with their bodies and health. It was crazy and I'm still mad at myself for saying yes to some of the called 'rules'. 
The 'equalizer' video was a little out of place, but I understood what she meant, but ohh... on the 'cancel society' every thing is valid to jump on someone's throat because she thought something that it wasn't allowed to say on public. 

The rest about Eurovision, Madame X promo, Tour etc... it was her only fault, and her responsibility, and her though attitude. Nothing more, nothing less. It's like releasing the Madame X Tour dvd after almost 2 years of #soons. I mean... her most boring tour to date took her 2 years to edit. Ok queen, but next.