M15 - The New Album

Fabiolous

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

I almost believed all these rumors about new studio album by Madonna... Until I saw this post about Nicky Minaj. 

I don't think she is going to collaborate with her for the third time, especially if they don't seem to be friends. Moreover, Nicky Minaj doesn't really speak about collab with M in very positive way + I don't think Nicky is that much "relevant" for M anymore , M seems to be seeking another type of artists for collabs these days (Tokischa, Saucy Santana, Bob the Drag Queen, 070 Shake... completely different type of rappers/singers than Nicky) 

1 hour ago, RebelHeart said:

What did she say?

She spoke about her creative process and how it takes time to come up with the hook and lyrics. but when she worked with Madonna, it wasn’t an ideal situation as she only had a few hrs to come up with the lyrics and felt rushed with M breathing down her neck , but only agreed to do it because it was for Madonna.

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

what if we get something like Gaga did for BTW 10th anniversary.

Disc 1 is a GH or an abridged version with select tracks, and a bonus disc with M songs reimagined by other artists?

I've always wanted a compilation of other artists covering her similar to Elton John's Revamp & Restorations double album.

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

what if we get something like Gaga did for BTW 10th anniversary.

Disc 1 is a GH or an abridged version with select tracks, and a bonus disc with M songs reimagined by other artists?

Ugh.  Personally, I'm not really into most other pop stars, especially contemporary, mainstream ones.  Not knocking Ariana or whoever, but can we just have Madonna on a Madonna album?  If she wants to do a couple of features, go for it, but tribute albums are notoriously patchy.

I thought Gagas was awful tbh but each to their own. 

I can just see her doing the Michael Jackson HiStory vibe.

The absolute essentials for the Karens & Darrens on one disc and new stuff on disc two.

It'll be cut throat on the early stuff, perceived flop eras will be skipped, ballads found rotting big hitters that over represent albums dumped and three spots will be taken through MD:broken:X but essentially:

1. Holiday
  2. Borderline
  3. Like A Virgin
  4. Material Girl
  5. Into The Groove
  6. Crazy For You
  7. Papa Don't Preach
  8. La Isla Bonita
  9. Like A Prayer
  10. Express Yourself
  11. Vogue
  12. Take A Bow
  13. Frozen
  14. Ray Of Light
  15. Music
  16. Hung Up
  17. 4 Minutes
  18. GMAYL
  19. Bitch Im Madonna
  20. Medellin

kind of wretched but Karen will live

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I thought Gagas was awful tbh but each to their own. 

I can just see her doing the Michael Jackson HiStory vibe.

The absolute essentials for the Karens & Darrens on one disc and new stuff on disc two.

I doubt she would do something like that. I also think it is an awkward thing. A good strategy, but awkward. 

Gaga's album was a reissue with  a bonus CD covering her stuff. That is a good idea for a reissue, not a greatest hits album. Also, it is important to have good artists. Gaga chose good artists. I think Madonna would choose Ariana and other Billboard top 100, and that would be a mess.

I liked what The Highwomen did with Gaga's Highway Unicorn. I didn't like that song, but I like the cover which sounds like a Stevie Nicks song.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:33 PM, BeepBeepBitchMove said:

Personally I feel the new album will be produced by Mike Dean mostly. She spends a lot of time with him. He does amazing electronic music. Opened for The Weeknd’s tour recently. Produced and mixed on Beyonces Renaissance. And Honey Dijon was in the studio with them a bunch of times. 

He produced and mixed Renaissance? One of the best mixed and mastered albums I've ever heard? And yet we've ended up with the mixing and mastering quality of MDNA onwards? Excuse me? Lol.

6 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

He produced and mixed Renaissance? One of the best mixed and mastered albums I've ever heard? And yet we've ended up with the mixing and mastering quality of MDNA onwards? Excuse me? Lol.

What do you mean? Mike Dean hasn't been involved as a principal mixer or engineer in any other project besides Finally Enough Love. I think he did a fantastic job there...