Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

18 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Why would she?? With her close ties with Africa and the impact of British colonialism on the continent, she has a different view of the monarchy and is no hurry to applaud her. Meeting her for ten seconds at a high profile film premiere hardly means she should have any great feelings about her passing.

She should be applauded for ignoring the Queen's passing. It is obviously a conscious choice.

Lol are people for real? Madonna should change the release date for her song because one lady from one country died? She wasn't Nelson Mandela. She's a woman who lived her whole life covered in diamonds she didn't earn. It's said that she passed, she was cute. Her country is already going all-out on her funeral, no need for more, certainly not in America 

44 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Babes, with all due respect, do a little research on the history of British imperialism in Malawi, the country she has adopted 4 children from. 

Babes, with all due respect, M spent years writing, directing, editing and promoting a movie about the Queen's uncle.

Interesting that a person so entrenched in the queen's story and kingdom through periods of her life has zero to say.

@Fabiolous I'm not suggesting that she should change a date because of the queen? Who is?

35 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Lol are people for real? Madonna should change the release date for her song because one lady from one country died? She wasn't Nelson Mandela. She's a woman who lived her whole life covered in diamonds she didn't earn. It's said that she passed, she was cute. Her country is already going all-out on her funeral, no need for more, certainly not in America 

Or even Australia. They are having a public day of mourning here. All this Queen blind worship is triggering to First Nations people here.

People pardon her because she was not directly responsible for any of the atrocious crimes against humanity committed by her empire however she benefitted from it all  living a life of extreme privilege on the back of genocide yet never spoke against any of it or offered any condolences. Nothing. She also very recently used tax payers money to bail out her sex abuser son. It's not a pretty picture sorry when you look into the realities of it all and people have every right to protest or reject all this hoopla. The fact British people are being arrested for protesting is damn scary.

21 minutes ago, Vasili said:

Babes, with all due respect, M spent years writing, directing, editing and promoting a movie about the Queen's uncle.

Interesting that a person so entrenched in the queen's story and kingdom through periods of her life has zero to say.

Just because she was once interested in the history of all it doesn't mean her death means anything to her. Either she has controversial opinions about it or as an American just doesn't really care enough to post about it.

14 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Just because she was once interested in the history of all it doesn't mean her death means anything to her. Either she has controversial opinions about it or she just doesn't really care enough to post about it.

You don't spend years researching the heck out of a story only to never be interested in it again.

If she felt strongly against the monarchy, she could've declined that invitation to blush in the queen's presence.

Anyway, I'm no royalist but it just strikes me as pretty interesting.

4 minutes ago, Vasili said:

You don't spend years researching the heck out of a story only to never be interested in it again.

If she felt strongly against the monarchy, she could've declined that invitation to blush in the queen's presence.

Anyway, I'm no royalist but it just strikes me as pretty interesting.

I don't think Madonna likes racists very much

12 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I don't think Madonna likes racists very much

Seem to remember Madonna referring to Ruth Inchaustegui as a super noodle, pretty sure you couldn't get away with saying that these days. Anyway, Madonna does what Madonna does, this is her job.

8 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I think Megan has a different opinion

Megan has never said it was the Queen or even hinted it was so don’t think it’s fair to call someone a racist when we don’t who she is referring to and especially since the Queen has work hard to bring the commonwealth together 

5 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Look, at the end of the day you can think whatever of the Queen. I didn't hate her. I just thought that it's absurd to expect Madonna to adjust her plans according to her funeral

In regards to this I don’t think she should change the release but Madonna is the biggest living icon alive it’s natural for people especially her fans to wonder why she hasn’t commented in anyway on a big event that has change history. I’m not a royalist but I have a lot respect for what the Queen has achieved in her long years of service I’m also a fan of Madonna and personally for me the 2 worlds collide 

10 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

In regards to this I don’t think she should change the release but Madonna is the biggest living icon alive it’s natural for people especially her fans to wonder why she hasn’t commented in anyway on a big event that has change history. I’m not a royalist but I have a lot respect for what the Queen has achieved in her long years of service I’m also a fan of Madonna and personally for me the 2 worlds collide 

It IS interesting she hasn’t commented about it.

I think delaying releases could actually be a consideration for some artists in terms of promo though. It is going to be a tough slog promoting something completely unrelated in the uk at the moment as everyone’s feeds are flooded with the Queen. So maybe that would be a reason why.

10 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I don’t need to tell if your Interested Google watch a documentary there’s been plenty shown the past week 

Interesting because when I type “Queen Elizabeth racism” into Google all I get are articles about how she “never acknowledged the monarchy’s historical role in supporting the black slave trade,” how “the royal family were silent over the Black Lives Matter protests in 2020”, how “Buckimgham Palace banned ethnic minorities from office roles,” and the list goes on and on and on….

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic