Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

On 9/18/2022 at 6:40 AM, chaosmen1984mk said:

I have to admit, although it is hard for me to admit it, that I liked the song. But the best thing is that I can listen to it at high volume without feeling embarrassed because the part that Tokischa sings is in such a deformed Spanish, due to the excessive use of slang, that it practically turns it into a new language, indecipherable for most Latinos. , unless you are from the Dominican Republic (the country of this       artist)

And I can't wait to see the video which, from what I've seen in the previews, seems like it's going to be very funny and full of delicate sensuality. By the way, something that catches my attention is the little investment of money that Madonna dedicates to these videos: in Frozen it was decided to use images from the original video. In Material Gworlll it was decided to make an animated video that most of the fans did not like. And in the case of Hung Up, it was decided to film it on any street and surrounded by common people who were surely paid with coupons to buy more decent clothes.

And I will always say it: videos are a very powerful tool that can influence people when it comes to positioning a song and with so many years in the industry, Madonna should apply her experience to make more original and creative videos and In this way, attract an audience that is currently more carried away by the visual.

You should see what Kylie's videos look like. Absolutely crap. I'm talking about Kylie because of Madonna's partners in the industry. I don't see any of them, the age or era of Madonna, doing good videos. 

Madonna is doing well, it's a remix for an old song. Frozen rmx videos were good. Better than Jump, Give it 2 me and Celebration  for sure, when she was at her peak. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I am a music fan. One with broad tastes and I really haven’t enjoyed any of the remixes she’s put out. The Material Gworlllll one had a cute new melody but so far I don’t think any of them brings anything particularly great to the table. Which is kind of madness when you consider that she’s just released 50 brilliant remixes as an album. Some could say it shows what a sorry state the music industry is in right now. Some would say I’m old and should die. 

both valid. 

And it’s important to remember that she is versatile in the manner she is gonna shift sounds and they may not sync with what we liked about her last or decade ago. I know the mid 90s are always killer to get through for me. Sooooo many ballads. But that’s what some people loved from her. But you know, death to the patriarchy! 

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

I am a music fan. One with broad tastes and I really haven’t enjoyed any of the remixes she’s put out. The Material Gworlllll one had a cute new melody but so far I don’t think any of them brings anything particularly great to the table. Which is kind of madness when you consider that she’s just released 50 brilliant remixes as an album. Some could say it shows what a sorry state the music industry is in right now. Some would say I’m old and should die. 

both valid. 

These remixes are not indicative of all current music. There is plenty of great new stuff coming out.

I do not like trap or reggaeton so I can’t get into these remixes. First time ever Madonna has done stuff I really don’t like.

This is the kind of music I lowkey wanted her to make when she was Mrs. Ritchie and I was in high school. But I also loved and still love the music she put out then. But this music right now, while not bad, is not hitting for me. It's weird but I feel like if you swap time lines, what she is doing now made sense for then and what she did then makes sense for now. I've found myself feeling that many times over the last few years. Different strokes, different folks.

1 minute ago, aitorelao said:

I will never know HOW Madonna, being who she is, has such an unprofessional team around her. Every release since the beginning of the Hard Candy era has been treated like like is she was a C list singer. There's always something that hurts almost every release (and I will not start talking about the content).

I wish she could fire her whole team and hire people who tell her what to do instead instead of being afraid to tell her what's wrong and could improve (and in her case is the 95% of her music career). Her career couldn't be handled in a worse way.

I'm so upset.

I think up until Give It 2 Me, Warner  cared greatly as she was always going bring in the cash. So while she’s always been a part of thing, Warner held a lot of control. Once the contract between her and them wrapped up, everything has had to go through her mostly and M’s ego and personality is overwhelming when left unchecked. And Guy doesn’t challenge her much. Interscope challenged her one time with how she wanted to do a double album for RH and that’s about it. That’s not to say I don’t love her work still. I’m living for it all. I may not in love with everything but I still give it a shot. But even now, I bet Warner is having to answer M more than the other way around or hoping she doesn’t care enough to deal with them.

5 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I think up until Give It 2 Me, Warner  cared greatly as she was always going bring in the cash. So while she’s always been a part of thing, Warner held a lot of control. Once the contract between her and them wrapped up, everything has had to go through her mostly and M’s ego and personality is overwhelming when left unchecked. And Guy doesn’t challenge her much. Interscope challenged her one time with how she wanted to do a double album for RH and that’s about it. That’s not to say I don’t love her work still. I’m living for it all. I may not in love with everything but I still give it a shot. But even now, I bet Warner is having to answer M more than the other way around or hoping she doesn’t care enough to deal with them.

I feel the same and we agreed pointing that era.

I love this woman and get everything she releases. I know I'm not the only one who gets so excited when release dates are announced and center my happened around that day, but there's always push backs, problems, cancellations or any other drama that makes that feeling go away. I know this music video is not a super release, but I was waiting to come home after work and have a good time watching it and giving some streams to the song.

Increasingly, she has decided to put herself into a little world of her own creation like MJ and Prince. Should anyone really be surprised her team is incompetent? it is a result of bigger issues, there is nothing worse than being trapped in a prison that you don't even realize is a prison because you created it yourself and so have an illusion of control. She collaborates with these no name artists because they are pliable and easy to control, just like her boyfriends.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic