Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

5 minutes ago, moloko said:

So she have time and money to film 10 versions of frozen remix videos, now for this Tokisha trash, but doesn't have time and money for Faz Gostozo music video, the one song that have a huge potential to become a massive hit. 

Good going Madge. 

I've been saying this since The Chronicles of Frozen. The Pandonna really changed everything. And I can't stand "Faz Gostozo" but, aside from Beyonce's Queens Remix of BMS, it's the only M song I saw have genuine buzz and excitement around it from the GP/social media. I think if it had been recorded post Madame X/ pandemic, they would have done a video and approached it the same way they have Frozen/Hung Up.

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

I’m certain there was a tight budget for Madame X. I imagine Warner is backing this. We haven’t had such output since Warner. FG was a miss for a video and so was IDSIF. But it is what it is. 

I think Madonna was just waiting for Anitta for the FG music video but received no reply. :(

Has anyone already seen the video? It was time for Madonna to give us a music video again where she shows her sensual and provocative side. The last time she released a similar video was in Girl Gone Wild although I personally didn't like the end result for many reasons I'd rather not mention.

Now with this video I hope to see a sensual Madonna and making erotic and suggestive movements together with Tokischa but without reaching the vulgarity as we have seen in the case of other artists although to be honest I hope that Tokischa does not end up being a bad influence for Madonna in the future because she is an artist that is too extreme in terms of sex and scandals and I would not like to see Madonna showing her breasts in public for no reason or desecrating a church by entering dressed as a dominatrix, things that Tokischa does and That is why she is highly criticized and branded as perverse in the media. Anyway, with Madonna I have learned to expect anything from her and even if I don't agree with some of them as a fan I have to defend and justify her.

I really dig the remix.  But I can't exactly figure out why it exists. Is she just dancing in the street rubbing kuku's with her or is there a story?  Curiously curious.

Where's the Party... I mean story?

I don't quite get it.  Maybe I will tomorrow which is so $soon 

I feel like Frozen remixes had a story.  Did they? I honestly didn't care enough to watch all of them.

WHERE'S THE STORY TELLING MUM.

In the meantime, I'll still bop to it with my old ass self.

7 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Increasingly, she has decided to put herself into a little world of her own creation like MJ and Prince. Should anyone really be surprised her team is incompetent? it is a result of bigger issues, there is nothing worse than being trapped in a prison that you don't even realize is a prison because you created it yourself and so have an illusion of control. She collaborates with these no name artists because they are pliable and easy to control, just like her boyfriends.

These no name artists kinda pulled her career out of the grave she dug with respectable artists like William Orbit, Kanye West and Mirwais. 
And you don’t have the faintest idea what it’s like to be in her position. It’s so easy to sit on the sidelines and judge…

The  Chronicles of Frozen made me cackle. 

it’s clear to me the overt sexual antics of the new Hung Uo video and the lesbians connotations are likely a homage to her Sex and Erotica era. It may be that she’s just referencing it as a way to promote the (what seems obvious to me) the Erotica special edition. If it doesn’t come first after all these hints I’ll be shocked. 

6 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Pulled her career out of the grave? you make it sound like her efforts with these minor artists have been big smashes. Frozen trend had nothing to do with Madonna seeking out a collaboration, neither did Material Girl, whatever attention her remixes got was because she was riding on the coat tails of a trend not because everyone was thrilled by the brilliance of the collaborations. Remind me again what the success of FEL had anything to do with collaborations? Also, one does not have to be in her shoes in order to observe worrying behavior that has similarities to her peers. 

You know what I mean. Her decision to put her name on the already viral frozen remix was a great move to get a boost in relevance with the GenZ audience. And all these mixes can be considered successful. Even though it’s hard to measure, some of the success FEL had is because of these decisions. 
And this is what she did throughout her career. Shep Pettibone, William Orbit, Mirwais etc were all “no name” artists when she first collaborated with them. 
Not everything she does has to be a masterpiece or targeted towards her 40+ gay male audience. The songs are not bad and she’s obviously having a lot of fun with these collaborations.

7 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Also, one does not have to be in her shoes in order to observe worrying behavior that has similarities to her peers. 

I think your comment is very sexist.

Male celebrities in their sixties have been acting just like she is for generations and they’re always applauded and admired.

When a woman acts like that though it’s worrying behavior and she needs to calm down and act like a recluse.

What 64 year old male celebrity is making reggaeton and trap tracks where they make out with and grind on everybody 40 years younger in the video? I'm asking genuinely because I can't find one. And none of that bothers me at all. I have zero problem with any of it. I just don't connect to it.

She has certainly dealt with sexism all along the way. But it's become this go to excuse for a lot of fans who can't accept any criticism. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic