Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

3 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

Tragic. I'm sad. 

This is the same woman who did The Confessions Tour. The same woman who did Nothing Really Maters video. Etc etc etc. I just can't believe this. I like the remix but this video is just one of the worst things she has ever done. Madonna, stop ruining your legacy. Thank you, love ya.

Also the same woman who did the sex book, rolled around in her underwear at the first MTV awards, fucks young dudes, simulated masturbation on tour, said yeezus loves my pussy best etc etc. 

She’s very obviously multi faceted. 😂😇

1 minute ago, DaddyZ said:

Also the same woman who did the sex book, rolled around in her underwear at the first MTV awards, fucks young dudes, simulated masturbation on tour, said yeezus loves my pussy best etc etc. 

She’s very obviously multi faceted. 😂😇

Key thing is that she knew how to push that buttons - she wasn't cringy. Now she is.

2 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Love the neon green / black lace outfit.

Clear-dyed eyebrows always look creepy or is it me :thinker:

Fun take on the original video, block party vibes are a good fit for reggeaton.

Forgettable as many Hung Up remixes and versions, this "Madonna on Abba harmony" is what makes the song work.

screenshot-www.youtube.com-2022.09.20-20_35_55.png

I can see Björn and Benny twerking to it , even without the ABBA sample

:thinker::sexy:

I get that the remix lyrics already have references to drugs and she even sings 'I'm so high'....but what I really don't like about the video and what I think is irritating a lot of people even here is that she looks too high throughout the video. You can't really see her eyes. Her eyes are visually one of her strongest assests and she usually knows how to use them when she does a video. She always knew how to give you a certain look in a clip, super strong focus. That's completely absent here and that's what makes it seem so messy and unfocused. There always seems to be a veil over her eyes, making her seem very distant.

1 hour ago, Bermu said:

In the first 25 seconds of the video, 2 lesbians kissin' while praying and smokin' a joint in front of a plaster Baby-Jesus and a made-of-rag Virgin Mary, and at the same time, some semi-naked gays or trans gals doin' a line of cocaine. Which is the message? I don't get it.

:salty:

I guess I'm cool, I'm provocative, fuck the patriarchy

59 minutes ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Mick Jagger is praised for being as fit and healthy as he is at that age, nobody sits around thinking how amazing it is that he has young girlfriends. Besides, none of those people flaunt stuff so obviously in the way that Madonna does. I am not excusing double standards and sexism in society but Madonna's whole persona really invites it although I guess you could make the argument she would have been bashed anyways, I mean look at how she was attacked for giving children a home. 

So yeah Mick Jagger is praised for it and showing off his body. Madonna is just as fit and healthy and when she’s doing it it’s gross and desperate. Elvis looked like a pig in his 40s and when he was shaking his hips he was a sex god, Madonna is just seeking attention. 
I’m a bit disappointed when her fan base is dismissing her like that. I don’t personally love and appreciate everything she’s doing but I’m also glad she’s out there and pushing the envelope and trying new things. And that she’s youthful and active. 

These days you know that something is bad when the only positive comment there is to say is 'silly and fun". Shows how there isn't much more to say than that...I said this on another subject, but people should stop waving the ageism card. This has nothing to do with age but with the poor taste and trashiness of it all. It's OK if you think it's pushing buttons, but it's also OK if you think this is very below her standards. Also mentioning SEX and this in the same sentence is a stretch... Two opposite worlds where one is pretty to look at and one is not.

Anyway, I think the mix is not that bad. This whole TiKTok campaign seems very marketed for an American audience though, which may be why it's not clicking outside of that.

2 minutes ago, Amlo said:

No. 

This looks and sounds CHEAP.

I guess that's the way to connect with this dumb new generation; set the quality bar as low as possible...

I hope It works and she gets what she wants.

Maybe she will get the acceptance she so craves from a younger generation/TikTok age. If this is a major success then well done Madonna. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic