Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

58 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

So yeah Mick Jagger is praised for it and showing off his body. Madonna is just as fit and healthy and when she’s doing it it’s gross and desperate. Elvis looked like a pig in his 40s and when he was shaking his hips he was a sex god, Madonna is just seeking attention. 
I’m a bit disappointed when her fan base is dismissing her like that. I don’t personally love and appreciate everything she’s doing but I’m also glad she’s out there and pushing the envelope and trying new things. And that she’s youthful and active. 

First of all, anyone who watched her performing with Maluma would know she is not even close to Jaggers level of physical fitness. I don't know really know why you are bringing Elvis into this, he was a massive joke throughout the majority of the 70's, nobody thought of him as a sex god but rather a washed up has been eating too many hamburgers. Madonna can do whatever she wants but she needs a reinvention if she wants to start fixing the leaks in her tarnished image, reinvention does not mean becoming a granny with knitting needles, it means marketing herself better, she is out of touch.

29 minutes ago, Scor-pi-o said:

It‘s FRESH, FUN and tongue-in-cheek!

Definitely not intended to be taken too seriously and in a certain way typically Madonna.

The main problem some might have watching it, could be that it makes them feel old…

but… is it really? fresh? fun? tongue-in-cheek? or is it trying hard to be all that without succeeding? 

2 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Even when Elton was performing with Olly Alexander he wasn’t simulating sucking him off and if he was people would be thinking how desperate it looks. It’s not a sexist or ageist comment she just looks embarrassing end of. So totally agree with your comment 

cant unsee

my eyes my eyes 

1 hour ago, Askeroff said:

after 5th watch I'm  obsessed with it  :luv:

its ridiculous in good way 

its cool ,fun and hot 

El tiempo pasa lento y yo 'toy rápida

tumblr_p8mk9wg7kf1u2gzw0o1_500.gif

Certainly something to talk about on hump day, till the weekend... with lots and lots of tequila.... or vodka.

56 minutes ago, Scor-pi-o said:

It‘s FRESH, FUN and tongue-in-cheek!

Definitely not intended to be taken too seriously and in a certain way typically Madonna.

The main problem some might have watching it, could be that it makes them feel old…

What’s the tongue-in-cheek references?

20 minutes ago, steady75 said:

yeah the self destruct one

It's funny how her own hardcore fans are now the people treating her how the general public was treating her in 1992.

The circle of life, I suppose.

What she did back then must be celebrated and we want "Erotica 30", when she does it now is vilified.

Meanwhile, zero fucks given from her. Then and now.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's funny how her own hardcore fans are now the people treating her how the general public was treating her in 1992.

What she did back then must be celebrated and we want "Erotica 30", when she does it now is vilified.

Are you comparing this to Erotica?

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

it really feels

EURwq8LXkAAc1pH.jpg

12 minutes ago, Piksel8 said:

Certainly something to talk about on hump day, till the weekend... with lots and lots of tequila.... or vodka.

jessica-lange-vodka.gif

Just now, WopaelWopael said:

You compare classics to this shit? 😂

1 minute ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Are you comparing this remix to EroticaHappy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Music is different. Age is different.

Attitude is the same. The same arguments about "Erotica" and "SEX" were used back then: tasteless, desperate, crazy, shit, etc. etc.

1 hour ago, luckystar908 said:

These days you know that something is bad when the only positive comment there is to say is 'silly and fun". Shows how there isn't much more to say than that...I said this on another subject, but people should stop waving the ageism card. This has nothing to do with age but with the poor taste and trashiness of it all. It's OK if you think it's pushing buttons, but it's also OK if you think this is very below her standards. Also mentioning SEX and this in the same sentence is a stretch... Two opposite worlds where one is pretty to look at and one is not.

Anyway, I think the mix is not that bad. This whole TiKTok campaign seems very marketed for an American audience though, which may be why it's not clicking outside of that.

Opinions are like assholes, eh?

She was always considered trashy and vulgar by a lot of  people. Nothing new.

As we age we tend to become more conservative and if we don’t counter that within ourselves, we turn into our own prude parents. I don’t agree with many of her choices and have been vocal about that on here as well but I can get behind the madness of this trashy video. 

Also, since when is fun and silly a bad thing? Why take everything so fon serious? Maybe that’s also a part of age induced conservatism? 

13 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

You compare classics to this shit? 😂

I don’t think it’s a comparison of the products themselves but he does have a pretty valid point in making it. The arguments are the same. Unfortunately this time it’s coming from her loyal fan base.

I think the general public is much kinder to her these days and they embrace her antics more than her fans

Ok. People have the right to dislike this trashydonna all they want, for whatever reason. I too didn't like the drug reference and think this religion + sex use is as tired as my ass BUT this video is better edited than anything since, well, forever.

The direction, lighting and locations are very well done, the looks, like it or not, are more than one and is not a "let's have a white all and make a video out of it", now that's cheap. This isn't.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic