Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

17 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think it’s a comparison of the products themselves but he does have a pretty valid point in making it. The arguments are the same. Unfortunately this time it’s coming from her loyal fan base.

I think the general public is much kinder to her these days and they embrace her antics more than her fans

They certainly don’t embrace her antics, they laugh at her. You only need to read the comment online in forums, newspapers. 

19 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

They certainly don’t embrace her antics, they laugh at her. You only need to read the comment online in forums, newspapers. 

I disagree. There’s plenty of YouTube reaction videos on her latest stuff where she’s being praised, she got a lot of positive press and reactions to her Pride appearances. And all my straight friends that were dismissing her for the most of the 2010s love the frozen mixes and stuff 

8 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I disagree. There’s plenty of YouTube reaction videos on her latest stuff where she’s being praised, she got a lot of prosotove press and reactions to her Pride appearances. And all my straight friends that were dismissing her for the most of the 2010s love the frozen mixes and stuff 

Her pride performance for me was her back in form she was great I don’t know how anyone could think that was bad. 
This remix isn’t bad at all I like it but I’m sorry the video just comes across as desperate and cheap and for some of the fan base here who want her to be respected and sell arenas and stadiums you need to realise this type of thing just ain’t going to cut it anymore, as someone said here earlier it’s ‘Reductive’ 

There is nothing revolutionary and fresh about dry humping the floor, a wall a person, sex and religion. Come on MJ and Janet were vilified for repeating themselves not mixing it up. This is Madonna sorry she needs to step her pussy up!!!

6 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

Everyone complaining about how trashy and cheap this is... You are all missing the point. She is just having fun let the woman live.

WTF is let the woman live??? Like in what terms??? Having “fun” by releasing such WORK??? It’s her NAME… it’s music it’s ART… ??? I’m confused. 

1 minute ago, Ayham said:

WTF is let the woman live??? Like in what terms??? Having “fun” by releasing such WORK??? It’s her NAME… it’s music it’s ART… ??? I’m confused. 

No matter what she does, everyone is always complaining. She is obviously not trying to impress anyone with this remix, she is not trying to "make art" or whatever. She's just enjoying doing something stupid with someone she likes. That's just it. There is nothing more than that. Why is everyone taking it so seriously, like come on. It's always the same meltdown over and over again, just get over it already!

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

So yeah Mick Jagger is praised for it and showing off his body. Madonna is just as fit and healthy and when she’s doing it it’s gross and desperate. Elvis looked like a pig in his 40s and when he was shaking his hips he was a sex god, Madonna is just seeking attention. 
I’m a bit disappointed when her fan base is dismissing her like that. I don’t personally love and appreciate everything she’s doing but I’m also glad she’s out there and pushing the envelope and trying new things. And that she’s youthful and active. 

How is Mick Jagger showing off his body? I saw the Stones in concert two months ago and I can tell you Mick didn't flaunt it but he was as energetic as ever and gave an amazing performance just like Madonna did when I saw her in the same stadium ten years ago (which is why her performance at Maluma's concert earlier this year had me baffled in how bad it was, like is this even the same person??). Does he have a ridiculous fake ass that makes him look disfigured and like a midget? Do you see him constantly grinding on people who are a third of his age and looking drugged up? Was Elvis happy and a free spirit later in his life, did he get to perform outside of North America like he always wanted to?

She's not pushing the envelope whatsoever with this, please stop with the excuses.

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

While I don't think the video is meant to be something "serious", it is definitely below her standards, just like her last performance with Maluma. I liked the fact that it was less facetuned, but still this video just wasn't for me. A bit too trashy for my taste, lots of fast cuts (i guess i expected more scenes of her dancing on the streets as seen on the pictures) and as mentionned by some users, the drug references just aren't necessary. Yes it's like a lot of reggaeton videos but none of her fans asked for this.

I hope she had fun making it at the end of the day and that she likes it because it's her art. Personally, I will probably not replay it for a while. Which is a shame because I like the remix (even though I find its mastering odd), but I just don't like this video unlike the Frozen ones and I perfectly understand that longtime fans would feel alienated by such content.

44 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Most people who hate on her or make jokes, they do it for the classic reason: her age. She had that since the 90s. Other than that, the only people that are obsessed at hating on her are some freaks that still pressed about her White House comment, or some old miserable hags under the Daily Mail comment section, or some edgy teenagers at social media who think she's a pedo or racist.

Not many really give a shit about her IG posts or new videos (which most of them are tragic and predictable), actually these posts and remixes are making mostly fans mad.

The remix is decent and the video tragic as usual btw. If M15 ends up like this she'll reach a new low. A real low low. 

I'm not saying she's not responsible for this, but her ex-boyfriend along with her current friend or idk (Ricardo) have helped a lot at ruining her image even more too. Her ex got her into that basic ass rap stuff music, and Ricardo prob showed her facetune and shits like this. They're bad influences to her.

I didn't like it :sad:….........  I loved it!!:hyper:

The video is very funny and full of sensuality from start to finish despite the low budget used (verified in the poor locations and the extras that appear) and where we see Madonna finally get out of her comfort zone (pop) and get carried away by all this paraphernalia that represents reggaeton not only musically speaking but also reflected in the theme and costumes, something common in videos of this genre. By the way The part that made me laugh because of its originality was the scene where the photo of Jesus Christ appears inside an inflated condom, probably devised by Tokischa herself, who likes to make fun of religion.

vlcsnap-2022-09-20-16h53m53s883ddd.png.4f3b5c6965add8b1707fad68c3b86090.png

Many questions arise in my brain from this video: Will this be the predominant musical genre on her new album? This new Madonna will make many of her fans abandon her by seeming vulgar and ordinary forgetting what she did in 1992 (Sex)? Will they call her ageist by preferring to seek the acceptance of the young public and despise her fans who have followed her all her life? Many questions whose answers will be checked in the future. In the meantime, she has my full support and endorsement since, happily, I do have a very open mind to assimilate everything that Madonna undertakes in the future. I'm with you Queen!!!! :hyper:

vlcsnap-2022-09-20-17h00m16s09633ffff.png.04ae42f4844e7b0051ead2af85aa925d.png

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think the general public is much kinder to her these days and they embrace her antics more than her fans

They absolutely don't and you know it, how can you lie to yourself like this?

The bathtub 'the great equalizer' clip and Eurovision alone have been enough to seriously put massive cracks into her image and legacy. You're forgetting that people who are not her fans don't get regular exposure to her, those antics and messy performances are pretty much the only signs of life they notice from her while occasionally hearing her OLDER songs on the radio.

Luving the new look.  Feels like old times.  A new video and completely new look. She looks hot and all the commotion about the iphone on set fan shots. Luv the scenes in the shipping container.

I think we didnt get a Video with anitta or IDSIF was because all the budget had been used with all the other visuals.

M was using bigger name directors.  More expensive.

Since going back to Warners hes experimenting with less known talent and therefore cheaper.  I think next album we will be getting more videos

It's fascinating which eras the die hards believe she was putting on a character and which they believe she shows her authentic self.  We all have such wildly different opinions. I definitely enjoy that about her fandom. She's polarizing in general. But within the fanbase is really bananas. I love it.

26 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

No matter what she does, everyone is always complaining. She is obviously not trying to impress anyone with this remix, she is not trying to "make art" or whatever. She's just enjoying doing something stupid with someone she likes. That's just it. There is nothing more than that. Why is everyone taking it so seriously, like come on. It's always the same meltdown over and over again, just get over it already!

Why working on “”something stupid””??? a meltdown over & over again means she’s losing her identity as the queen of pop… actually it feels weird to say it coz obviously she lost it.

Explain to me what’s good about it please? 
@Prayerand others.

I’d genuinely like to know because I’m missing something obviously but I’m willing to learn and stay open. 

The direction?

The styling?

The artistic statement?

The lack of artistic statement?

The sexual portions?

The dog food falling off the supermarket shelf? 

What does that represent? 

I’m all ears. 

39 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

The remix isn't really the problem, I personally actually like it, which is why the video is so disappointing. It's how she presents herself visually. Sorry but she doesn't look sexy, young, fun or whatever to me. As I posted a few pages back she looks stoned, her eyes have no clear focus, she seems more like that weird lady from the block down the road who accidentally took magic mushrooms and is now crashing the party the young folks are having thinking she's so cool and edgy and only that she really isn't. She sticks out like a sore thumb in her own video.

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

The remix isn't really the problem, I personally actually like it, which is why the video is so disappointing. It's how she presents herself visually. Sorry but she doesn't look sexy, young, fun or whatever to me. As I posted a few pages back she looks stoned, her eyes have no clear focus, she seems more like that weird lady from the block down the road who accidentally took magic mushrooms and is now crashing the party the young folks are having thinking she's so cool and edgy and she's really not. She sticks out like a sore thumb in her own video.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Exactly my thoughts. She doesn’t look sexy or cool at all. 

3 minutes ago, Bionic said:

The remix isn't really the problem, I personally actually like it, which is why the video is so disappointing. It's how she presents herself visually. Sorry but she doesn't look sexy, young, fun or whatever to me. As I posted a few pages back she looks stoned, her eyes have no clear focus, she seems more like that weird lady from the block down the road who accidentally took magic mushrooms and is now crashing the party the young folks are having thinking she's so cool and edgy and only that she really isn't. She sticks out like a sore thumb in her own video.

THIS. For all the attempts at looking "cool and edgy"...she actually is making herself look quite old. That's the irony of it all.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic