Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

11 hours ago, Vasili said:

Do not insult David LaChapelle like that.

Comparing this shameful video to the work of David La Chapelle or to Erotica / Sex is like swearing in church on Christmas day.

It's NOT possible to compare REAL art and REAL music with garbage sorry.

bin-can-can-dancing-trash.gif

as a fan for over 30 years i never thought she could sink so low in terms of quality and depravity the last year or so but here it is ? i could care less about the "messages" of this video - i see people arguing about queer and trans - personally i couldnt care less- what really bothers me is M is trying to appeal and win over a newer "younger" audience and seriously thinks trash like this will ??? come on M - what fucking planet are you living on now ? "younger" people know she is over 60 and her die hard fan base are just getting tired of all this now - she is getting to the stage now where she is alienating her hard-core fan base - you know, the ones who have worshipped her for many years despite all the bashing she has got . i seriously became less of a fan of hers today - if she wants to have fun then have fun- just dont film it please and get on with preserving your legacy and get those album re-issues going before she has no fan base left !

36 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

To make people angry, like you. You don't like to see her deconstruction of fame, her fuck off to the industry when she's playing the game at the same time. The sarcasm. The age value. I can go on and on, but I don't have time. 
And stop acting like if this is the first time that she's ordinary, and surrounded by latinos dancing on the street. She even did that with Borderline in 1983. It's on her sould and how everything started. 

No home no!

No em comparis aquesta merdota amb Borderline!

No estic enfadat, estic decebut, res més.

3 hours ago, blondebenji said:

I was late teens in the Erotica era and she was hated. It was not seen as revolutionary at all.  This has only started later. The general public were loving Mariah and Whitney.  So that's where their head was at musically. People and the media were venomous and predicting her being over once again. Funny how things change right

You're missing a part of the broader picture. Yes she got a lot of flack for Erotica and everything around it but she very intentionally softened her image after the reactions with the sensual but not crazily dirty sexy Bedtime Stories and even more of course with Something To Remember and Evita. Had she continued the Erotica trend then I'm very sure she would have made less of an impact in the rest of the 90s. While Erotica got more praise later on the reason for that isn't just initial overreaction from people but also because she toned it down and showed another side that was a bit closer to what Whitney and Mariah were doing.

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

as a fan for over 30 years i never thought she could sink so low in terms of quality and depravity the last year or so but here it is ? i could care less about the "messages" of this video - i see people arguing about queer and trans - personally i couldnt care less- what really bothers me is M is trying to appeal and win over a newer "younger" audience and seriously thinks trash like this will ??? come on M - what fucking planet are you living on now ? "younger" people know she is over 60 and her die hard fan base are just getting tired of all this now - she is getting to the stage now where she is alienating her hard-core fan base - you know, the ones who have worshipped her for many years despite all the bashing she has got . i seriously became less of a fan of hers today - if she wants to have fun then have fun- just dont film it please and get on with preserving your legacy and get those album re-issues going before she has no fan base left !

Nail on the head. I've stopped unfollowing her on Instagram, she is embarrassing.

I mean..the ideas are tired as is her performance in this...like.... I'm bored but that's Madonna 2022 post covid, and she can do whatever she wants. but I can say whatever I want about it. The truth is I don't really have a problem with it other than i'm not sure why she'd want to put her name to it tbh. I have no problem with the remix apart from it being a bit drugged out, drab and drained of life its fine...it's ...cool...really cool and fun, everyone has been doing emails lately etc if that's your gig, Go live, It's a throwaway remix for a few lols. 

My gripe is the video production value. It looks like it's been filmed on a potato, lit with a couple of amazon LED lights (2 for a fiver) and edited in word art. At least do cheap well. I've legit had three messages today from people who know I love her saying "what has happened is she ok?" 

Like she texts me on the daily to let me know what's up :lol:.

I mean there are questions about her persistently linking  monosolabic tropes of Latinx and black culture to drugs and hyper-sexualisation in her output over recent years with her DEALER bags, big ass, grillz etc, that could and probably should be deemed problematic but i suppose it's a case of

image.png.1d0e4d8fc570cd0df39e7a89550d7913.png

for some. 

She really let the industry have it on this one huh? 

That's enough internet for me today I think .

8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

You're missing a part of the broader picture. Yes she got a lot of flack for Erotica and everything around it but she very intentionally softened her image after the reactions with the sensual but not crazily dirty sexy Bedtime Stories and even more of course with Something To Remember and Evita. Had she continued the Erotica trend then I'm very sure she would have made less of an impact in the rest of the 90s. While Erotica got more praise later on the reason for that isn't just initial overreaction from people but also because she toned it down and showed another side that was a bit closer to what Whitney and Mariah were doing.

Totally agree.  everything she has done is part of her story including whats shes doing now.

Shes just came off a very serious album in Madame X which was getting her worries of the world off her chest.

For the first time shes not in a big record contract, doesnt have the pressure of a big album, singles, promotion, tour to deliver or big budget videos

Shes just having some fun working with some underground artists (no big name pressures) and experimenting with sounds and styles that inspire her.

She always rebounds .  erotica and then softer.  American life and then the commercial Confessions etc etc etc

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’d love to know specifically what makes this “trash” compared to other things she did that were praised by her fan base. 
I mean, let’s get serious. The original Hung Up song is not some deep pop opera. This remix has an amazing beat and they did a great job mashing it up with Tokischa’s song. 
And the video has a very strong production value, in terms of visuals and editing. 
And personally I love the theme because I’m familiar with the subculture it’s tapping into and it’s great in that sense. And yes that young culture is hyper sexual and that’s how they party. 
At the end of the day this is not about sex like Justify My Love, it’s about a Harlem party in 2022. Tongue kissing and dry humping are pretty common and no reason for clutching pearls. Nobody who is under 30 and is emerged in New York nightlife scene will see this as overly sexual in any way. 
As for the drug use, people here act like she’s glamorizing a crack den. They’re literally just smoking pot which is a legal and common activity in New York and most of America. It’s like saying she’s promoting alcohol abuse because she pops open a champagne bottle in the Music video

I don’t think fans are clutching pearls over the contents of the video. Most of us are gay men for goodness sake. We’ve seen and done it all.

I don't like this clip, I don't like the remix but happy if some like it. 
It's this woman's genius to bring together people/fans with very different tastes.

However, I don't understand how some can take 1992 as a point of comparison with this video.
For having lived the sex period as a teenager, of course she was dragged through the mud etc... but behind all that there was an incredible artistic approach, millions of photos taken by a genius photographer, a fucking good album and yes she pressed real buttons there. Disturbing, necessary and incredibly risky for an artist like her. Never seen.
Today, I have the impression that she presses buttons that are already engaged and frankly not very useful in our society. What is the message ? What are we supposed to understand ? The legalization of cocaine to be able to have fun and fuck ? 
Gay kisses, trash parties... hello, it's 2022. Nothing new. Playing again and again the card of sex, religion, homosexuality makes her become a cliché of herself and loses the credibility of her previous genious movements. The girl have fun. Cool for her. 

I'm just waiting for a more artistically interesting next period. Yes time goes by so slowly for those who wait....

18 minutes ago, mouse said:

I don't like this clip, I don't like the remix but happy if some like it. 
It's this woman's genius to bring together people/fans with very different tastes.

However, I don't understand how some can take 1992 as a point of comparison with this video.
For having lived the sex period as a teenager, of course she was dragged through the mud etc... but behind all that there was an incredible artistic approach, millions of photos taken by a genius photographer, a fucking good album and yes she pressed real buttons there. Disturbing, necessary and incredibly risky for an artist like her. Never seen.
Today, I have the impression that she presses buttons that are already engaged and frankly not very useful in our society. What is the message ? What are we supposed to understand ? The legalization of cocaine to be able to have fun and fuck ? 
Gay kisses, trash parties... hello, it's 2022. Nothing new. Playing again and again the card of sex, religion, homosexuality makes her become a cliché of herself and loses the credibility of her previous genious movements. The girl have fun. Cool for her. 

I'm just waiting for a more artistically interesting next period. Yes time goes by so slowly for those who wait....

It's clear that people's personal taste is very respectable, they can like it or not, but since they talked about 1992 I can only say that having lived it , that her management ( which at the time was serious ) would NEVER have allowed such a antics. 1992 had serious music, an AMAZING project like SEX, a photographer like Meisel.

It's totally impossible to compare glorious years with this nonsensical crap.

I'm reading some of these comments and I'm just like:

Why does it make you so angry? Alright, it's not her greatest work, but move on? Why the repeated comments? What's it's use? 

I feel like some ppl on here are WAY to invested in the artist Madonna. Like, I love her. I have her tattooed on my arm for God sakes. But I don't put her up on a pedestal to the point where it's gonna cause ME so much negativity in my life. I feel at that point, if a stranger; the artist makes you that upset -- it's time to say goodbye.

I’m wondering why her style in the video is trashy and desperate when she was 47 in the original Hung Up video wearing a leotard having an orgy in a club and humping a boom box.

I get it. She looked younger, she was thin and the track was very gay and eurodisco.  That’s why it was ok and grounbreaking, right? God forbid her doing it at 64 with a fuller figure and TRAGEDY with a reggaeton rework. 

24 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I’m wondering why her style in the video is trashy and desperate when she was 47 in the original Hung Up video wearing a leotard having an orgy in a club and humping a boom box.

I get it. She looked younger, she was thin and the track was very gay and eurodisco.  That’s why it was ok and grounbreaking, right? God forbid her doing it at 64 with a fuller figure and TRAGEDY with a reggaeton rework. 

I remember critics hating on the Hung Up leotard because they had to admit that it looked fantastic on her.  Lol.  I actually read critiques that said exactly that, even after the Gorillaz live version.  

22 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

People were calling her old and desperate in 2005. I don’t think it’s really a comparable situation though.

49 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I'm reading some of these comments and I'm just like:

Why does it make you so angry? Alright, it's not her greatest work, but move on? Why the repeated comments? What's it's use? 

I feel like some ppl on here are WAY to invested in the artist Madonna. Like, I love her. I have her tattooed on my arm for God sakes. But I don't put her up on a pedestal to the point where it's gonna cause ME so much negativity in my life. I feel at that point, if a stranger; the artist makes you that upset -- it's time to say goodbye.

Well she set the bar extremely high thoughout her career and she isn't just any random pop starlet, she's Madonna. She always had this strong focus. Her name used to carry some serious weight and she always had an exceptional aura around her due to being so successful, creative, in control, smart and driven. Social media already kinda ruined that and I guess it's just really irritating to see her acting and looking like she has absolutely no idea what she is doing and where she wants to go. If it were an isolated slip-up then ok fine. But it's more than that. Her social media presentation, Eurovision, the Madame X tour with all the cancelled dates, that hideous and unnecessary fake ass, VMA 2021 appearance (not so much the outfit but rather how it highlighted her plastic surgery, she looked so uncomfortable), this new remix video where her beautiful eyes don't pop, they don't draw you in like they used to...rather it's like "where's my joint again?" 

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic