Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

transphobia, body shaming....wow. And no moderation ? 

I fell in love with Madonna in 1985, she was called a slut and trashy. The MTV Awards, the way she dressed, what she was saying "even Jesus wants to be in my underwear" when a crucifix fell from her neck on her lap during an interview. First quote i heard from her in the playground, a girl saying she was trash because her mm said she was trash. People were screaming and as a 8 y/o i absolutely loved her for being so outragious and pissing off people. Friends of my mother told her against letting me seeing her live for the WTG tour but she let me. In fact my mom loved her for being so bold and funny. 

i don't know when you all became fans, You'll See ? Ray Of Light ? Evita ? She's not Adele, she's not Celine Dion. You have the wrong popstar and she's reminding you who she really is. You're bothered by what she does ? Good, you deserve to bothered. But the transphobia here, from gays....who OWE every single right they have to trans women, prostitutes and lesbians...you're ignorant. I'm gay, i know my story, i know what i owe to Marsha P. Johnson and others. Without them you would still be in the closet you want trans people to stay in. And people saying she should go to the gym, at 64, well you not only should but definitely must go to a library and try to be less stupid and vapid.

A lot of curse words are crossing my mind right now but this place is already filled with so much ignorance and stupidity. I won't go down to your level. 

I applaud Madonna. Again. Thank you for being you and telling others that it's ok to be themself too.

I've no problem at all with her experimenting with different sounds/genres or newer "underground" artists. I've no problem at all with her using strong or provocative imagery to make her point(s). 
I do have a problem with the stunning lack of quality control surrounding her lately. She's essentially launching a sub-par photographer/video director's career with a bunch of rehashed ideas and truly horrible styling choices.

I'm all for avant garde artistic expression,  and sometimes that doesn't gel well with a lot of people. Adding a new line or two to mashup someone else's song into one that she has consistently "reinvented" already just doesn't really say anything to me as a listener, or as a fan. I'm used to some head-scratching moments from her especially if the videos don't quite match the song for me, but the output is usually still high quality and makes me think of the song in a different way. Similar to how a book can be better than its movie version, or vice versa.  

I don't hate this, it's just not intriguing or entertaining for me. If some like it, and get something from it, then she's done her job. 

9 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Her hardcore fans in 2005 weren't calling her old and they're not calling her old now. Her hardcore fans are just saying this time around it's

All Stars Reaction GIF by Lifetime

I hate this whole divisive  “we the hardcore fans”, the “rational fans”, the “real fans”. We are all fans and some like certain things and some don’t. I don’t like much of what she’s been doing since MDMA nor do I agree with most of her personal choices but we are all hardcore fans. No one else sticks around anymore for this mad ride really. 

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

Many people in this thread do. They want their older divas to just serve old school camp like Kylie and Cher (which I love both). But god forbid a 64 year old woman act younger than they do and even worse, tap into something different than old school gay culture. 

How is reggaeton or trap remixes tapping into something different? Theyre literally the most passé styles in commercial music I can think of.

I get your point but I didn't get that Matty was trying to differentiate who's a better fan from his post. We are obviously the hardcore. 

I also missed the transphobia stuff where ever that was. If so it's not cool. 

I also Whattasapped Marsha P Johnson and she said the video was shit.

Sylvia liked the wig so .....

9 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

I hate this whole decisive “we the hardcore fans”, the “rational fans”, the “real fans”. We are all fans and some like certain things and some don’t. I don’t like much of what she’s been doing since MDMA nor do I agree with most of her personal choices but we are all hardcore fans. No one else sticks around anymore for this mad ride really. 

This hardcore fanbase word is thrown around a lot by the people who seem to trash everyone on here who have a negative opinion about her work. If you a negative opinion about her latest 'work' you're not really a fan you're living in the past, you're a troll or even more insulting you're ageist.

So when I use the word 'Hardcore fanbase' maybe it needs to be evaluated from both sides. 

It's quite obvious on here there are people who like everything she does and won't say a bad word about her - does that make them a hardcore fan?

If a fan doesn't like everything she does - does that make them any less a hardcore fan than the latter?

2 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

This hardcore fanbase word is thrown around a lot by the people who seem to trash everyone on here who have a negative opinion about her work. If you a negative opinion about her latest 'work' you're not really a fan you're living in the past, you're a troll or even more insulting you're ageist.

So when I use the word 'Hardcore fanbase' maybe it needs to be evaluated from both sides. 

It's quite obvious on here there are people who like everything she does and won't say a bad work about her - does that make them a hardcore fan?

If a fan doesn't like everything she does - does that make them any less a hardcore fan than the latter?

You’re doing the same thing you claim to be bothered by. Be better. 🤷🏻‍♂️

23 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Many people in this thread do. They want their older divas to just serve old school camp like Kylie and Cher (which I love both). But god forbid a 64 year old woman act younger than they do and even worse, tap into something different than old school gay culture. 

Madonna has dipped into countless cultures and sub cultures during her long career for which we've all been along for the journey....and only NOW today ...we're all suddenly single minded old gays who want her to staple herself to the carpet at studio 54? 

Come on man. Really? You're usually cool bruh. 

32 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

transphobia, body shaming....wow. And no moderation ? 

(...) But the transphobia here, from gays....who OWE every single right they have to trans women, prostitutes and lesbians...you're ignorant. I'm gay, i know my story, i know what i owe to Marsha P. Johnson and others. Without them you would still be in the closet you want trans people to stay in. And people saying she should go to the gym, at 64, well you not only should but definitely must go to a library and try to be less stupid and vapid.

As if there wasn't enough drama here already - why are you making up a transphobia story on top of that now?

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

I’m wondering why her style in the video is trashy and desperate when she was 47 in the original Hung Up video wearing a leotard having an orgy in a club and humping a boom box.

I get it. She looked younger, she was thin and the track was very gay and eurodisco.  That’s why it was ok and grounbreaking, right? God forbid her doing it at 64 with a fuller figure and TRAGEDY with a reggaeton rework. 

I don’t see how wearing a leotard in 2005 is seen as desperate, or comparable to dressing like a 19 yr old in 2022.

22 hours ago, adirondak said:

Nothing special, but I'd take the visuals over something like Give it 2 Me or Celebration any day of the week. 

And the funny thing is those do sound like real Madonna songs, great pop songs overall... but she became so uncreative in the visual aspect in the late 2000s there's no doubt other younger acts overtook the music scene. 

I don't dislike this Tokischa remix at all. Being a Southamerican myself I know this sound has huge potential on the dancefloor. I just wish Madonna dedicated her time and money on more artistic ventures. We all know she doesn't like to repeat herself but, come on! Wasn't that out of nowhere performance of Borderline on Jimmy Fallon a smart move? That was a lovely way to give new life to her classics. And the general public adores her back catalogue.

I just hope this video doesn't give the haters more material to make fun of her on social networks.

I’m usually the first to defend her but sheeeeesh! This video lmfaoooo! She is forever wild and I’ll always love her for that. Madonna is here to disrupt. And as much as I don’t like this video I can’t stop watching. It’s cheap and vulgar. I grew up with Puerto Rican and Dominican family so I see the nod. But l don’t think the styling overall works for her. Though, I do love the bleached brows and auburn hair. So fierce. She’s vulgar in this video but I’m not mad at her for it but I AM BORED! I just roll my eyes and say ‘That’s Madonna.’ Give us something else. This will all fall on deaf ears though. She doesn’t care and will continue to do what she wants. Which is a double edged sword with Madonna. Was that media hate this bad during the Erotica days? I was too young to witness it. It’s crazy to see the evolution looks wise. How is this the same woman?!

The Conservative American Media went for her but most of the general public touched their cooch and got involved.

In the UK, (the supposed most uptight nation of all) The album and singles all went top 10.

We only lost our hardon in the wet patch of Take A Bow and the ballad hell of 94-97 so make of that what you will. 

Reading your opinions here I was SCARED to watch it thinking I would die of cringe and vulgarity, I watched and it's actually ok/meh in terms of that, I didn't like it and, like Frozen Remixes, probably wouldn't re-watch it but it was passable basically. It was basic, usual, standard reggaeton video and that's it, definitely not the career ending shit you guys made it seem, that's so much :rip: Jeez, this fanbase is so dramatic LMAO

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic