Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

1 hour ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

I've no problem at all with her experimenting with different sounds/genres or newer "underground" artists. I've no problem at all with her using strong or provocative imagery to make her point(s). 
I do have a problem with the stunning lack of quality control surrounding her lately. She's essentially launching a sub-par photographer/video director's career with a bunch of rehashed ideas and truly horrible styling choices.

I'm all for avant garde artistic expression,  and sometimes that doesn't gel well with a lot of people. Adding a new line or two to mashup someone else's song into one that she has consistently "reinvented" already just doesn't really say anything to me as a listener, or as a fan. I'm used to some head-scratching moments from her especially if the videos don't quite match the song for me, but the output is usually still high quality and makes me think of the song in a different way. Similar to how a book can be better than its movie version, or vice versa.  

I don't hate this, it's just not intriguing or entertaining for me. If some like it, and get something from it, then she's done her job. 

SAME. I don't hate the music, I hate how cheap and sloppy this whole Warner venture has been so far. Cheap PR, cheap videos, cheap photoshoots, cheap fan artwork, cheap styling..........there maybe a "cost of living crisis" but M ain't suffering from it. I just really, really, really hope these promised re-issues are finally gonna be something special 

Just now, cosmic_system said:

It’s the same. It was not “age appropriate”. Lola was also wearing a leotard at the time too since she was in ballet school 🤣

It’s not the same, lol. You are comparing apples to bananas. Doing something nostalgic that references the past is not the same as jumping on trends. 

1 hour ago, Levon said:

As if there wasn't enough drama here already - why are you making up a transphobia story on top of that now?

He's not making it up... Perhaps if you are unaware of something you shouldn't open your mouth. Or maybe ask where the transphobia is instead of immediately denying there is some. 

30 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

He's not making it up... Perhaps if you are unaware of something you shouldn't open your mouth. Or maybe ask where the transphobia is instead of immediately denying there is some. 

I am sorry about that. I must have read over that transphobic comment in this thread and unfortunately I can't find it. What is it about?

14 minutes ago, Levon said:

I am sorry about that. I must have read over that transphobic comment in this thread and unfortunately I can't find it. What is it about?

do you poke dead animals too ?

some people on here were furious
and had to type out their disgust
the cause was someone called Madonna's new video
:dance:
I think

8 minutes ago, A. A. Aardvark said:

some people on here were furious
and had to type out their disgust
the cause was someone called Madonna's new video

Someone suddenly brought up the topic of transphobia here and I asked what's the point, since there's already enough drama here. I also find no reference to the video.

1 minute ago, Levon said:

Someone suddenly brought up the topic of transphobia here and I asked what's the point, since there's already enough drama here.

one person's 'yuck'
or similar word
is a stab in the heart

I could only really remember the madonna vocal bits
and was trying to forget the rest

the visuals bothered enough to rack up 35  pages of outrage and reply on here

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic