Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

59 minutes ago, Levon said:

This is really horrible. Now I understand your post much better.

Yeah you don’t have to like the music or the video but transphobia ain’t it. Funny people hate ‘wokeness’ but don’t know the history of the word or the fact that we’re talking about Madonna here. She been woke.

8 hours ago, MattyMads said:

It looks like she's raided Lola's wardrobe so the clothes unfortunately stand out and make her look desperate, yes the whole concept is trashy, dry humping each other, the drugs, spreading your legs, kissing. This isn't about clutching your pearls and being offended or prudish - The fact is we've seen this from her many times before there is nothing revolutionary at all it's now becoming stale, it's like she's ran out of ideas? What would be shocking if she went the complete opposite.

Also i'm sure the people here who are saying she's great she's pushing buttons would you seriously think the Same if Elton was simulating sex wearing Lycra shorts and doing lines of coke off his red piano and praying it front of religious imagery you wouldn't think he was desperate or cringe?????

The level of hypocrisy on here is laughable.

Simply THIS.

Period.

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Looks like many people just woke up now. For me i haven't been surprised at all by the video, i've been realistic about her going downhill since 2008. Sure at that time the fall was going very slow and many fans didn't notice but to me after Confessions and her divorce things habe started to go downhill. The thing is that for a couple of months/years the downfall is going faster so it's more and more obvious to more and more people/fans, but as i said for me i do not expect anything brilliant and top notch anymore from her. Am i a bad fan ?, an ageist ?, call me whatever reassure your delusionnal conscience, but you're not fooling anyone, not even yourself. In the end i'm just realistic about the state of Madonna, who in 2022 just do everything she forbade herself to do all along her life and career, which includes not going to the gym, eating everything she wants, smoke cigarets and even weed sometimes, drink a lot of alcohol (cause yes she does) and as a result she's just not the proffesional and the perfectionist she used to be and her work reflects that. Add to it the over use of very badly done plastic procedures and over use of sexual antics and here you have Madonna in 2022. Do i like it ? Of course not really cause i know she's able to do so much better. Do i blame her ? Not really, all other celebrities have had serious breakdowns way before her (even though about Madonna i don't think we can call it a breakdown). Now the question is, would have i prefer if she retire and not expose to the world her downfall ?! in a sens yes but in a selfish way no, cause i prefer seeing her at low then not seeing her at all, sorry to say but once again i'm being realistic. If we keep on expecting her to get back to the top of the game we're in for serious disappointments everytime she releases new music of new videos. I'm not saying this is not gonna happen or that it is not possible but i just say chanced are not very high. Things are what they are and we just have to admit, live with it and be realistic.

Plus THIS.

(Now, yes... Period.)

58 minutes ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

I don't know any younger people who are impressed with Madonna's current musical direction. The truth is that Madonna was lucky that Frozen and Material Girl went viral because it had nothing to do with her and now she is remixing everything like the devil in the vain hopes of trying to get a hit, it wont happen, especially when you release videos as low quality as this one.

I'm a witness that only young people from the Latin America is impressed with this new Reggeatonna person (I'm not included of course), but as I told you guys, here in the third world we have very bad and low quality tastes for music especially mainstream music. 😞😅😅😅

4 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

I'm a witness that only young people from the Latin America is impressed with this new Reggeatonna person (I'm not included of course), but as I told you guys, here in the third world we have very bad and low quality tastes for music especially mainstream music. 😞😅😅😅

Oh so that explains why Maluma is so popular.

One thing we can all agree on is that she still has us and people discussing, hating, loving and polarizing her work into her 5th decade.

Not many artists can claim that.

I still don't get the drama but there certainly a lot of passion.

These experimenting with old tracks with underground artists aren't attached to any project.  Its just her experimenting without the pressure of a big release.  They are not going to get big budget videos.  They arent trying to sell or promote anything!  Its just her freedom to create. M has always soaked up the culture around her. The kids are older and she's back out there.  You can see.  She's all over NY nightlife.  Soaking up the music, freedom to be fluid etc.  Very different to when she last out there. If this song was a euro gay club track.  People would love it no matter what the video was like.

I don't see Mariah's fans jumping up and down about her Latto track. She hasn't ruined the original track in anyway and like Madonna isn't trying to beat it.  She did these track in a live performance for Pride and shes sharing with us with a video.  Would have been the same if she released the studio version of la Isla Bonita with Gogol Bordello at Live earth back in the day. 

Madonna isn't trying to compare this video to Erotica,  We are. That was a huge project with a 3 big release punch of the album, book and movie. Once again it was her responding to her environment.  she was coming off blond ambition and heavily into gay rights and the fight against aids. This has nothing to do with that.

The people that say she has completely lost it etc, I wonder what they thought of Madame X?  The music, the messages, the photography, the videos, the story, the persona, the glorious theatre experience.  You may not like it but it was hardly a project coming from an artist washed up with nothing creatively to say.

6 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

One thing we can all agree on is that she still has us and people discussing, hating, loving and polarizing her work into her 5th decade.

Not many artists can claim that.

I still don't get the drama but there certainly a lot of passion.

These experimenting with old tracks with underground artists aren't attached to any project.  Its just her experimenting without the pressure of a big release.  They are not going to get big budget videos.  They arent trying to sell or promote anything!  Its just her freedom to create. M has always soaked up the culture around her. The kids are older and she's back out there.  You can see.  She's all over NY nightlife.  Soaking up the music, freedom to be fluid etc.  Very different to when she last out there. If this song was a euro gay club track.  People would love it no matter what the video was like.

I don't see Mariah's fans jumping up and down about her Latto track. She hasn't ruined the original track in anyway and like Madonna isn't trying to beat it.  She did these track in a live performance for Pride and shes sharing with us with a video.  Would have been the same if she released the studio version of la Isla Bonita with Gogol Bordello at Live earth back in the day. 

Madonna isn't trying to compare this video to Erotica,  We are. That was a huge project with a 3 big release punch of the album, book and movie. Once again it was her responding to her environment.  she was coming off blond ambition and heavily into gay rights and the fight against aids. This has noting to with that.

The people that say she has completely lost it etc, I wonder what they thought of Madame X?  The music, the messages, the photography, the videos, the story, the persona, the glorious theatre experience.  You may not like it but it was hardly a project coming from an artist washed up with nothing creatively to say.

Yes, because the problem came when the MX tour ended. I dont see her brilliance anymore since then.

I saw some pics this morning of her with Lil Nas X.

She is just supporting a young artists who is fighting for similiar rights she has and close to her heart.

But the same comments are flooded like the video with Tokischa.  Desperate, disgusting, crazy, mental, redundant, desperate etc etc etc

Funny i never see these things written when Elton John gets a pic with Harry Styles,   Mariah with Ariana etc

16 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

But the same comments are flooded like the video with Tokischa.  Desperate, disgusting, crazy, mental, redundant, desperate etc etc etc

Funny i never see these things written when Elton John gets a pic with Harry Styles,   Mariah with Ariana etc

I highlighted the difference for you... and you know full well that Elton is not swapping spit with Harry Styles in any of the photos. Not saying there would be anything wrong if they decided to do that, but the comparison is ridiculous, no reason to bring Elton into this. The only reason some fans are now mentioning him all of a sudden is because he has a few successful remix collaborations of his older hits doing what he does - singing and playing the piano.

50 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I highlighted the difference for you... and you know full well that Elton is not swapping spit with Harry Styles in any of the photos. Not saying there would be anything wrong if they decided to do that, but the comparison is ridiculous, no reason to bring Elton into this. The only reason some fans are now mentioning him all of a sudden is because he has a few successful remix collaborations of his older hits doing what he does - singing and playing the piano.

Totally agree with you.  Elton is Elton and Madonna is Madonna.  Elton hasnt been swapping spit with anyone even in his crazy days.

The point i was making was that - she wasn't swapping any spit that I saw with Lil Nas X but its the same comments that we see after anything she does these days.  Desperate, vulgar, lost it, deranged etc etc. The same stuff that is written about the video is the same that written next to this pic.

She wasnt sawpping spit with Saucy, Sickick, 070 Shake, Fireboy DMl and the same comments were written.

I totally respect if people don't like the video.  But this stuff is hard for fans to constantly read even if shes just supporting a young artist.

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 09-47-25 (@robertxavier) • Instagram photos and videos.png

I just wish the hung up remix was better

Maybe I am just old and have old tastes but would love her or Warners to commission proper club/house mixes for the dance floor by the best DJ producers that would put her back the right side of cool again on the dance floor and clubs rather than these sorts of second rate versions with featured artists butchering her best tracks. The mixes she issued back in the 90s and 00s did that for her - but can't see any of these Frozen, Hung Up and Material Girl projects doing the same but maybe that's not the aim of them anyway.

4 hours ago, xavier said:

If there’s one thing about #Madonna you all pretend to have forgotten , that is that whatever she shows you, it is exactly the way she wants to be perceived . So stop with the narrative that she’s messy and this is a disgrace. 1/2

Yep. Like she said in her Q&A when they asked if she handpicks every remix on FEL. “Do you know who I am?”

With how raunchy the song is, I would have LOVED (and I wish I were kidding), if she took this video to an underground club, created a sort of SEX 2.0, wore her outfit from the MTV awards ass and all. That I can get behind. Glory holes and all.

Personally, I feel like that would make a bigger statement. She’s in control, like she always has been.

I probably won’t watch the video ever again. But I’ve honestly got the remix on repeat.

Anyway.

10 minutes ago, Andymad said:

With how raunchy the song is, I would have LOVED (and I wish I were kidding), if she took this video to an underground club, created a sort of SEX 2.0, wore her outfit from the MTV awards ass and all. That I can get behind. Glory holes and all.

Personally, I feel like that would make a bigger statement. She’s in control, like she always has been.

I probably won’t watch the video ever again. But I’ve honestly got the remix on repeat.

Anyway.

You know... she's been hinting at Erotica for quite some time now from the FEL promo poster to the Pride merch to the picture disc reissue.

That concept would have worked well too. :D

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic