Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

11 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

Oh please guys stop making ridiculous comparisons between Erotica and this thing... THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!

Erotica is pure ART, the second one is... 😶

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

Wait for the "Erotica On Bad Bunny" remix for the 30th anniversary.

(That would smash, actually).

2 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

Oh please guys stop making ridiculous comparisons between Erotica and this thing... THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!

Erotica is pure ART, the second one is... 😶

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

I understand what you want to say but I'm old enough to remember that "Erotica" wasn't considered as art 1992. Of course it was millions better than this but was time what made it look like art.

I remember the girls in 1992 were afraid to say "I'm a Madonna fan" because the guys would see them as whores. The critics were like "We were right, she's just a striper that can't sing and look what she has to do to get attention because if not nobody would know she has a new album outhere". And the streight guys were happy because they only had to buy the daily newspapers  to have pictures of a beutiful girl naked to warm them at night.

Anyway, I think the funny thing is that some of the ones that think she's too sex-up are begging and crying for years for a new edition of the "Sex" book... wouldn't if be too much too? Or if she re-release photos of her 30's years body it's ok?  Some would say what they said in 1992... She's so desperate that she has to re-realise this piece of art to get attention.

The thing is for a long time she made it seem like she made those statements, said what needed to be said, and moved on to other unexplored territory. She never wanted to repeat herself. Even when she kissed Britney, Oprah asked if it was a statement and M replied that no, she already made those statements 10 years ago. If the statement now is all about an older woman doing it, I get it. If it's just her having fun, cool. I understand the parallels to Erotica. There are definitely some valid points there. And I hate to sound morbid. I'm not 64, but maybe she feels like "Fuck it. How long do I have left?". I can respect that. I'll probably get shit for this but the real thing that separated the M/Gaga comparisons for me, was that M never pretended to give a fuck what any of her fans thought. Except maybe after American Life when she said "Alright, let's break out the weenie rolls and give the cigs what they want". I also think we're in for a 180 in  a few years in typical M fashion but I'm no psychic.

3 hours ago, Askeroff said:

I've heard it all before, I've heard it all before...

-00dwv-mXWQ.thumb.jpg.4df4167cf75a04decb6dcc945b70be25.jpg

The media was different then even though that article is printing that, they knew Madonna’s name would sell articles, she was at her peak so at the same time in a weird way she was still popular. Now they wouldn’t print anything like that because she’s not at her peak 

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

The media different then even though that article is printing that they knew Madonna’s name would sell articles, she was at her peak so at the same time in a weird way she was still popular. Now they wouldn’t print anything like that because she’s not at her peak 

That news article is basically this forum right now. 

I didn't like the remix video at all, I found it bad and that's it. No mental breakdown needed. But you all coming back to repeat that again and again and again, dear Jesus... If you hate it this much and you keep talking about it and how degrading it is to her career and bla bla bla you will only feel worse, get a break guys 💀 

Comparing the vast expanse of The Girlie Show, (one of the greatest tours of all time),  by a childless woman of 35 yrs old in the prime of her life even before she hits her mid 40's sexual peak, still of reproductive age, in middle of the most conservative US government, 30 years ago, just post aids epidemic when there's still no actual treatment, during a tour promoting an album about love, acceptance and dealing with social ills, cleverly guised by possibly the safest form of sexual expression with no penetration (erotica)..

to people on the internet asking why a poorly directed video, showing drug taking in the back of a.....

y' know what...i ain't even got the strength to carry on typ.....

Entertainment Weekly article from 92

Madonna exposed

Madonna exposed -- Will the pop star?s ''Sex'' book be as outrageous as its hype?

By Sharon Isaak and Tina JordanUpdated September 25, 1992 at 04:00 AM EDT

Helped and hyped by word of her next album, Erotica, and her next movie, the as-yet-unrated (but rumored to be NC-17) Body of Evidence, the buzz over Madonna’s photo fantasy book, Sex, has become the biggest pop news this fall — more than a month before Sex‘s actual Oct. 21 publication date. But is any of this heat coming from a public insatiable for ever more Madonna — or is it just hot promotion? Answer: the latter, because Sex may not be as easy to sell as it sounds.

Warner Books has ordered a staggering first printing of 835,000 copies — a half million in the U.S. alone — in six languages worldwide. ”It’s the largest initial release of any illustrated book in publishing history,” says Nicholas Callaway of Callaway Editions, the publishing house that is producing the book. Yet with every leak about the 128-page, five-color, spiral-bound volume with aluminum covers, the company’s worries about Sex increase. In the middle of a presidential election notable for an attempt to emphasize ”family values,” how will people react to photos of whips, chains, pierced nipples, and tattooed lesbian skinheads holding stiletto knives to Madonna’s crotch?

”We knew what we were buying (with Madonna),” says Warner Books publisher Nanscy Neiman, who also edited Sex. ”We publish many controversial books, and this won’t be the last one.” By sealing Sex in heavy-duty, fingernail-proof Mylar packaging and slapping a warning sticker on the front, Warner says it’s clearly targeting the book for adults only. Waldenbooks says it will only sell Sex to buyers 18 and over and it plans to check ID. According to a spokeswoman for both B. Dalton and Barnes & Noble, both chains will allow their stores to set their own display policies. ”In some places,” says Donna Passannanti, ”that might mean a front-of-the-store display; in others — where the market is more sensitive — it might be available only behind the register.”

Controversy or no, it will still be a struggle to sell a book with a $49.95 price tag. ”The average art book sells between 5,000 and 10,000 copies,” says Callaway. ”Fifty thousand is spectacular.” Considering the money invested in the book — photographer Steven Meisel shot 81,036 photographs, the printers ordered more than 750,000 pounds of metal for the cover and three different kinds of paper for the inside, and the book was rush-printed in 15 days — Sex will have to sell at least 350,000 copies before Warner sees a profit. To that end, the company will launch a major radio and print advertising campaign for the book. ”Nothing’s a given,” says Ellen Herrick, Warner’s director of publicity. ”No matter what, you have to convince people to spend 50 bucks. You want to get people talking about it.”

But will there be so much talk that people will be sick of Sex by the time it comes out? It’s a concern. Madonna’s longtime spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg, concedes that she wishes the new Vanity Fair cover featuring Madonna had come out later. ”The media just took over the information,” she says. ”I didn’t anticipate they would go so crazy.”

Others wonder if there really is such a thing as Madonna overkill. ”There’s always that invisible shadow line beyond which hype self-destructs,” says Variety editor Peter Bart. ”People in the business say she’s approaching that line.” Even if Sex sells, suggests culture theorist and Madonna devotee Camille Paglia, it might be a hard act to follow. ”Short of going into a convent,” says Paglia, ”I don’t know how she can top herself after this.”

But Christopher Andersen, author of the best-selling 1991 biography Madonna Unauthorized, doesn’t doubt that the Girl’s still got it. ”She seems to keep pushing the envelope without pushing it wide open,” he says. ”She hasn’t offended people enough for them to turn away. Nobody knows the market level of shock better than she does.”

43 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Comparing the vast expanse of The Girlie Show, (one of the greatest tours of all time),  by a childless woman of 35 yrs old in the prime of her life even before she hits her mid 40's sexual peak, still of reproductive age, in middle of the most conservative US government, 30 years ago, just post aids epidemic when there's still no actual treatment, during a tour promoting an album about love, acceptance and dealing with social ills, cleverly guised by possibly the safest form of sexual expression with no penetration (erotica)..

to people on the internet asking why a poorly directed video, showing drug taking in the back of a.....

y' know what...i ain't even got the strength to carry on typ.....

I’ve seen this video a few times and haven’t seen the drug use. Where is that exactly?

12 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Well we are a little hypocritical with the drug taking. No one complained when Carlton did a toot live on the VMA's in '90. But she was also in Marie Antoinette drag serving you the greatest performance of all time to one of best songs ever so....

Wasn’t that supposed to be “snuff” tobacco boo? 
The “let them eat Ket” of the era as it were 

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Wasn’t that supposed to be “snuff” tobacco boo? 
The “let them eat Ket” of the era as it were 

I was only 5 but I know a good toot when I see one. He also sneezes after he does it😏 It was also the first time America saw a bunch of gay people since the Village People so a little toot wasn't the big deal of the night I guess.

39 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Ain’t she snorting somet up her nose at the beginning. If not that’s certainly what it is intended to look like. 
E1488836-C398-4785-9898-A8B474464380.jpeg.41d2e94a8cee258561798e7071c4c024.jpeg

Oh that. Honestly I haven’t seen that fraction of a second until now and I’ve watched the video a few times. I’m not sure what it is but there’s nothing to snort on that table lol

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic