Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

16 minutes ago, proxy said:

I really don't understand the point of this conversation. Tokischa is not a big star and Madonna is legacy artist, her music will go nowhere especially that streaming numbers rules the charts. Nothing even great songs like Ghosttown from last decade do nowhere, so expecting that some side project that those remixes are will be a hit and without any promotion is delulu. Respect to M for promoting and giving her platform to less know n artist, if she was targeting at hit with this she would do what Elton lately doing.   

But I don’t think she would be able to pull off an Elton regardless of who she duets with because of what she’s done to her public image and the point being myself and others have made about this Hung Up remix video it’s this attitude she has doesn’t help her at all, hence why she will never be successful again like Elt unless she’s will to do damage control. 

50 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

But I don’t think she would be able to pull off an Elton regardless of who she duets with because of what she’s done to her public image and the point being myself and others have made about this Hung Up remix video it’s this attitude she has doesn’t help her at all, hence why she will never be successful again like Elt unless she’s will to do damage control. 

I fully believe she doesn't make her art these days to please the critics or to win awards. Awards are so meh. She's done it all anyway. Bitch is just having fun now. And I'm all for it.

40 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

"this attitude she has doesn’t help her at all" What are you even talking about, Madonna most of all is a music legend, her position in pop culture is set in stone. What damage control she supposed to do, what crime exactly Madonna committed, you people are so ridiculously over dramatic, to point is just sad to read, and that you are even serious. And believe me most of kids that listen to Elton remix with Britney, doesn't even know who Elton is or care about him.

8 minutes ago, proxy said:

"this attitude she has doesn’t help her at all" What are you even talking about, Madonna most of all is a music legend, her position in pop culture is set in stone. What damage control she supposed to do, what crime exactly Madonna committed, you people are so ridiculously over dramatic, to point is just sad to read, and that you are even serious. And believe me most of kids that listen to Elton remix with Britney, doesn't even know who Elton is or care about him.

But he’s stills charting high in the charts, he’s one of the best selling singles ever with Dua lipa. He’s selling arenas and stadiums around the world, so couldn’t give a toss the kids don’t know who Elton John is. We could argue till we are blue in the face there are people who choose to bury their head in the sand. You believe what you want to believe and I’ll continue to see  what I see. 

Im happy to be proved wrong when it happens and the general public have taken her back in but facts are facts. There is damage control to be done and it can only be done when Madonna is willing to accept it and being as stubborn as she is I can’t see it changing.

3 minutes ago, proxy said:

"Whatever" yeah that's my favorite answer of all times :Madonna006:

I’m not gonna repeat myself like I said in my previous message you continue to believe what you want and I’ll continue to see what I see. You can keep poking the bear if you want but I’m not prepared to keep going around In circles with you:Madonna006:

5 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I’m not gonna repeat myself like I said in my previous message you continue to believe what you want and I’ll continue to see what I see. You can keep poking the bear if you want but I’m not prepared to keep going around In circles with you:Madonna006:

So you should just end the conversation there, instead replaying with "whatever", it's showing lack of argument and second it's quite rude towards person you start dialogue with, no hard feelings tho :02:

29 minutes ago, Prayer said:

What strikes me the most is the hypocrisy of putting 1992 Madonna on a pedestal while censoring 2022 Madonna.

The essence is literally THE SAME.

And that's why the comparison is valid, maybe not so much on her work, but definitely in her attitude.

There is absolutely no comparison. No one considers the songs/videos of Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Rain or Bad Girl as embarrassing trash. You shouldn't compare apples and oranges.

2 minutes ago, Levon said:

There is absolutely no comparison. No one considers Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Rain or Bad Girl as embarrassing trash.

I don't think this remix is embarrassing trash, it's quite good in my opinion, and maybe you should read again what @Prayer wrote, the line "maybe not so much on her work, but definitely in her attitude", he's talking about attitude not her work, and his comparison is valid. 

10 minutes ago, Levon said:

There is absolutely no comparison. No one considers the songs/videos of Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Rain or Bad Girl as embarrassing trash. You shouldn't compare apples and oranges.

Again, I'm talking about her attitude, not her work.

And anyway I'm sure some people found the "Erotica" and "Deeper And Deeper" videos utter trash at the time too.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And anyway I'm sure some people found the "Erotica" and "Deeper And Deeper" videos utter trash at the time.

I remember vividly in the early days of the internet, fans on Madonna message boards talking about how Deeper And Deeper sounded like a Kylie b-side and how nasal she sounds on Bad Girl, like she couldn't care even to go back and sing it properly. :)

11 minutes ago, proxy said:

maybe you should read again what @Prayer wrote, the line "maybe not so much on her work, but definitely in her attitude", he's talking about attitude not her work, and his comparison is valid. 

Madonna's attitude back then was strong, controlled and focused. In the Tokischa thing she seems unstable, drugged and uncontrolled. It has nothing to do with her age. She was seen performing much better not so long ago.

It's really funny to me how some people interpret being a fan of an artist the same way people connect to sports teams. They always know what's better, the coaches (Guy O) are incompetent and the new players are always to blame for the team's demise. 

She's not a sports team, she's a human being and an artist, and you can either like or dislike stuff, but trashing her like 3-year olds trash kale is absurd. 

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And anyway I'm sure some people found the "Erotica" and "Deeper And Deeper" videos utter trash at the time too.

I got your point, like she’s been in this since long time… (being judged & criticized for showing attitude, be different, expressing herself & art freely) however now her attitude is an embarrassment to her attitude back then. 🥲

10 minutes ago, Levon said:

Madonna's attitude back then was strong, controlled and focused. In the Tokisha thing she seems drugged and uncontrolled. It has nothing to do with her age.

So, you're saying that on her videos she plays a herself and not a character? I mean, I'm sure she had control about what she wanted to be shown in the video I don't see Tokischa pointing her with a gun saying "Madonna, you have to look pathetic for part of your fans). You can like it or not, but I'm sure she knew what she was doing. So, no in 1993 Madonna was a controlled alcoholic (instead of playing that part on "Bad Girl" video) and in 1987 she descovered she was a "folclórica" in real life.

And now for everybody...

Come on, I think people is going to far... It's just a video she has made because she wanted to do it. Do you think is great? Perfect. Do you hate it? Perfect too. Do you want to give your opinion??? PERFECT!!!!!!! But to judge her whole career for a 3 minutes video. This is not a new whole era... It's just a song to fill a gap.

Just now, Neon Fever Dream said:

It's really funny to me how some people interpret being a fan of an artist the same way people connect to sports teams. They always know what's better, the coaches (Guy O) are incompetent and the new players are always to blame for the team's demise. 

She's not a sports team, she's a human being and an artist, and you can either like or dislike stuff, but trashing her like 3-year olds trash kale is absurd. 

Actually for someone like her to present such a work (TRASH VIDEO with TRASH FEATURED TRASHist) after 40 years of experience deserves this. 

6 minutes ago, scamper said:

It's just a video she has made because she wanted to do it. Do you think is great? Perfect. Do you hate it? Perfect too. Do you want to give your opinion??? PERFECT!!!!!!! But to judge her whole career for a 3 minutes video. This is not a new whole era... It's just a song to fill a gap.

One low quality work after another can do damage in short term. She’s been doing this this whole year… not to mention her last tour was a flop… she’s not “number one artist” anymore… 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic