Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

On 9/24/2022 at 4:46 PM, blondebenji said:

Just out of interest.

Everyone who has been very critical of what she has done this year

What songs from other artists that have come out this year have you loved?????

It might be off topic.  sorry but it also can put some perspective on it.

Some fans are very 'go with her flow' and others hold her art to a certain standard. Both are OK.

I like this song for what it is but I think the video is beneath her and what she is capable of.

2 hours ago, blondebenji said:

Just out of interest.

Everyone who has been very critical of what she has done this year

What songs from other artists that have come out this year have you loved?????

It might be off topic.  sorry but it also can put some perspective on it.

To be honest, I liked most of what Madonna put out this year and last year as well. I was indifferent to some of the Frozen remixes but loved the visuals and especially liked Frozen on Fire. I like Material Gworl too and this new Hung Up remix. The only things that I disliked were the Maluma performance and the Hung Up remix video.

As for albums that came out this year that I really liked... Dawn FM by The Weeknd, Dance Fever by Florence and the Machine, Hold the Girl by Rina Sawayama. My taste is varied but mostly pop music still.

26 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I love the laugh at the end.... I love a happy Madonna!  She has made me happy so many times, she deserves every drop of happiness.  

Me too. I'd follow her to the ends of the Earth.

I first said this remix was "better than I thought it would be". Now, I love it. And the video - Madonna the boundary pusher. She's never been a people pleaser. And good for her!

I dare her to do something as beautiful as the power of goodbye  or Ghostown again. If she is able, then I will recognise I´m wrong and that she is doing what she is doing right now cause that´s the way she wants it. 

But as for now, I don´t like her new products anymore, and I´ve loving all them till mid 2010s. I adore Hard Candy, Mdna, and Rebel Heart, for your information. But this is lazy and cheap.

1 hour ago, stevemic said:

I first said this remix was "better than I thought it would be". Now, I love it. And the video - Madonna the boundary pusher. She's never been a people pleaser. And good for her!

She has disturbed the peace for 40+ (a rebel heart pre-fame) years and I am here for all of it.  

51 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I dare her to do something as beautiful as the power of goodbye  or Ghostown again. If she is able, then I will recognise I´m wrong and that she is doing what she is doing right now cause that´s the way she wants it. 

But as for now, I don´t like her new products anymore, and I´ve loving all them till mid 2010s. I adore Hard Candy, Mdna, and Rebel Heart, for your information. But this is lazy and cheap.

Madame X was terrific too and a lot of beautiful songs.  Try not to be too critical of Madonna having a bit of fun.  She deserves it after 40 years.  

I don't see it for most of the Madame X album or the era. Hooray for the many people who do though! But I don't blame her for not doing another "Ghosttown". She did it. It was great. And the GP still paid her dust. We're at the point where she kinda can't win with most people either way. So as much as I don't connect to it, I can respect her doing what she wants. 

P.S. Ghosttown had some some the best remixes in ages. The Paul Andrews and RedTop versions are so creative.

21 hours ago, MadameX said:

I really wish I could laugh while watching this video. But I can't laugh. Because the reason you can laugh at this kind of parody video is because it is different from reality, you can laugh at the difference. However, this video is an old drama scene that was not made with Madonna in mind, but the tragic reality is that if you compare the appearance and behavior of the terrible old actress like a clown in this video with Madonna's current appearance and behavior, there is no decisive difference exist between two of them. It seems as if it predicted Madonna's current state too accurately, and it only feels cruel and sad.

sad oldy madonna 01_50% size.png

sad but.. its a bad moment

The music industry is based around youth culture. Any one over 30 is largely irrelevant. Of course Madonna is irrelevant to that market. it's not even particularly ageist as such. It's just that demographic is largely only really interested in what their peers are creating for the most part. Always has been always will. What on earth would a woman in their 60's have to interest them. The other and potent revenue income is nostalgia and classic albums. Just look at the top 100 albums there's more old classic records than ever before. She's at a point now where she is commercially spent in terms of new product really, which is why it's a good job the reissues are coming. 

19 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The music industry is based around youth culture. Any one over 30 is largely irrelevant. Of course Madonna is irrelevant to that market. it's not even particularly ageist as such. It's just that demographic is largely only really interested in what their peers are creating for the most part. Always has been always will. What on earth would a woman in their 60's have to interest them. The other and potent revenue income is nostalgia and classic albums. Just look at the top 100 albums there's more old classic records than ever before. She's at a point now where she is commercially spent in terms of new product really, which is why it's a good job the reissues are coming. 

Madonna has nothing to prove to anyone older or younger than 30 years of age.  Every single stream and sale adds to her history making career.   She is a Queen.  

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

Madonna has nothing to prove to anyone older or younger than 30 years of age.  Every single stream and sale adds to her history making career.   She is a Queen.  

She has nothing to prove and yet it seems like her popularity is at an all-time low. I'm not even sure that you can say she is polarising, these days it rather feels like the reception to her is mostly negative.

While the video is nothing exciting to me, I can kind of put that feeling aside for two reasons.

One, I honestly really like the remix. And two, I can't deny the fact that she's having FUN. Sadly, I'm not entirely convinced she's doing these things for her fan base. But she's an artist and doing shit that's creative for her and living her best life.  So really, who am I to judge tbh.

At the end of the day, whether we love it, or hate it, or the gp love it or hate it, I'm sure she doesn't give af lmfao.

Am I ok :Madonna002:

11 hours ago, stevemic said:

What is she pushing the boundaries of in this video? Taste?

5 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Someone mentioned that kids going crazy for Madonna today would have been like kids in the 80's going crazy for Peggy Lee. I was not prepared for that comparison at all.

I don’t think it’s an accurate comparison. What Madonna did in the 80’s and 90’s is everywhere in todays pop culture. Along with a few other icons she is the blueprint.

The fact so many young kids don’t recognize that or care is unbearable for a lot of fans. As we can see in this thread.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic