Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

3 hours ago, Vasili said:

So, according to you...

- Leaving racist remarks here is justified because 'we need to be made to feel uncomfortable in order to grow'
- Anyone who is white here is scared and ignorant when it comes to understanding the art of M, a white woman

Posting while you're intoxicated is no excuse for saying the same offensive crap twice.

I’m doubtful there are penalties for racism against white people 😂

3 hours ago, gafuller said:

The last decade definitely wasnt kind to her in the charts department, but there are few artists to have an early 80s hit like Holiday and also a late 00s hit like 4 Minutes. And in some countries that last hit wasn’t 4 Minutes like in the US. She’s a pop artist still having an output when Madame X could have been the farewell. But we know it isn’t. But in the meantime, let’s live on the bright side! Take A Day! Get some Champaign Rose! Get Hung Up on whatever feature Madonna has brought on board. It always an opportunity to explore a new artist when she does. I usually find something I like in their catalogues. And if you can’t, then that’s okay. No need to slander or grab pitchforks. She’s still got some more to give us. There’s reissues for those wanting to reminisce about better days and there’s remixes and maybe a new album eventually for us who like the current sounds and trends. 

Yeah i know and i'm very happy she's still out there releasing stuff but i'd also love if her current stuff was still played on radios and on tv. I mean they quickly forgot and turn the page when she was their biggest artist for 30 years. I know she cannot have the same success and impact all her life but coming from making huge events for her releases to nothing at all is a bit harsh in my opinion, ok the very last releases aren't stellar but when she released tracks and videos like Ghostown that was really unfair they didn't give a damn. 

Am pleased she is still releasing material and trying to make good new music and videos etc  - agree must be really hard to have put so much effort into a quite a strong track like Ghostown with a great video and have it almost completely ignored. While she is working on music there is a chance she could come up with something as brilliant as Ray of Light or Confessions if the moon the sun and the stars align for her regardless of how any such 'new great' album might do commercially or critically it would be a dream for her fans to have another great album from her again.  The last great one was Confessions, the last good one was Hard Candy and the last 3 have been too patchy to be good but with some good tracks amongst them - but now she is back with Warners I am feeling more optimistic she might come up with another great studio album for her fans. I think it is a waste of time and energy trying for commercial success and trying to appeal to younger and wider audiences  - the output does not appeal to much of her core fan base either

22 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Am pleased she is still releasing material and trying to make good new music and videos etc  - agree must be really hard to have put so much effort into a quite a strong track like Ghostown with a great video and have it almost completely ignored. While she is working on music there is a chance she could come up with something as brilliant as Ray of Light or Confessions if the moon the sun and the stars align for her regardless of how any such 'new great' album might do commercially or critically it would be a dream for her fans to have another great album from her again.  The last great one was Confessions, the last good one was Hard Candy and the last 3 have been too patchy to be good but with some good tracks amongst them - but now she is back with Warners I am feeling more optimistic she might come up with another great studio album for her fans. I think it is a waste of time and energy trying for commercial success and trying to appeal to younger and wider audiences  - the output does not appeal to much of her core fan base either

I agree with most of what you said here - I don’t think Warner’s are thinking of new music at all with this deal - it’s safe to say that at this twilight stage in her career she is not going to have a mega hit song or album now ( they would have followed her low sales during interscope years ) all they should be focusing on ( if they are smart ) is the legacy releases now - unfortunately M seems to be taking a sideways step with these or maybe it’s intentional with the remix obsession probably because it means she can directly involve herself in the promotion - sadly the way she looks and acts now is just not helping her whichever way people want to spin it - what she should be doing is focusing on the albums and thinking ways to promote them - surely these remixes could have been tagged on as bonus songs for the original studio albums ( or maybe that is the plan ? ) what’s infuriating to me is the total silence , no interviews where she has talked about these reissues - are we getting  just songs or videos or full length concerts etc ? If she would just talk about that I think that would at least keep me interested…

7 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

In other news as usual the song and videos aren't played anywhere... never heard it on radio and never saw the video on tv... this is how i realize time really flies, i still remember when each new Madonna track would put all radios of the world into frenzies playing it every hour, and let alone when she would drop a new music video where you had tv special for hours on the music channels to celebrate the new video...Now for a decade she can release anything, from Ghosttown to Hung with Tokischa and she's ignored everywhere... that must be hard to experience for Madonna, and somehow i understand that she goes all the way and in every directions to try to catch attention back from the grand public... 

That's the state of the music industry.

Which TV are you gonna see ANY music video on??? Content is what you actively seek out these days. 

Who is listening to radio??!  

Record companies aren't spending money on anything anymore, not just Madonna. But this is also not a Major release of hers. There isn't even a physical object to buy. 

Apple Music Global 100 chart has a Kanye West song from his 2013 album. ALMOST 10 YEARS OLD!!  And the number one song is by a gay dude and a trans girl. (Amazing)

Things aren't what they used to be. Major artists release an album and every song charts for a week. It's weird. The music industry isn't selling records anymore. 

Madonna is fine. The industry has just changed. 

She is definitely not being ignored. I don't know how you came up with that... 

5 hours ago, Vasili said:

So, according to you...

- Leaving racist remarks here is justified because 'we need to be made to feel uncomfortable in order to grow'
- Anyone who is white here is scared and ignorant when it comes to understanding the art of M, a white woman

Posting while you're intoxicated is no excuse for saying the same offensive crap twice.

Are you going to tolerate this @Enrico @RUADJAI @Jackie @CicconeUK?

well i am sober now so i can say with perfect clarity Vasilli You Suck. Tolerate it 

5 hours ago, Vasili said:

So, according to you...

have fun in your echo chamber of mediocrity 

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

Which TV are you gonna see ANY music video on??? Content is what you actively seek out these days. 

Who is listening to radio??!  

Madonna is fine. The industry has just changed. 

She is definitely not being ignored. I don't know how you came up with that... 

No offense but i absolutely do not agree. First, and i'm talking about France because this is where i live but we have several music tv channels (NTJ HITS, M6 MUSIC, MTV BASE, W9 HITS...) and many people put these channels while they're at home. When i i visit adults friends or family between 30 and 50 yo i usually find these channels playing when i arrive at their home, people put it when they do their homework, when they have friends at home etc...Second the radio ; here many people listen to radio in their cars everyday. there are some big radios in France (like in any countries) and believe me millions of people listen to them daily in their cars. Then you say that Madonna isn't being ignored by radios and music tv channels and you don't know i came up with that ! sorry but i don't know where you are living but i can assure you that since at least Rebel Heart, none of her new tracks are being played on music tv channels or on the radio. Just her old hits. So yeah, her current work is being ignored by tv and radios and that's unfair. For real are you findinh out just now that there is real agism in the industry especially for females ? How many times have you heard Dark ballet on radio or how many times have you seen the Frozen on fire sidekick remix video on tv ? Some.big radios have already stated that they won't play her anymore because she's too old. I am the one asking you how did you came up with the idea Madonna's current music isn't ignored by radios and tv ??

12 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

No offense but i absolutely do not agree. First, and i'm talking about France because this is where i live but we have several music tv channels (NTJ HITS, M6 MUSIC, MTV BASE, W9 HITS...) and many people put these channels while they're at home. When i i visit adults friends or family between 30 and 50 yo i usually find these channels playing when i arrive at their home, people put it when they do their homework, when they have friends at home etc...Second the radio ; here many people listen to radio in their cars everyday. there are some big radios in France (like in any countries) and believe me millions of people listen to them daily in their cars. Then you say that Madonna isn't being ignored by radios and music tv channels and you don't know i came up with that ! sorry but i don't know where you are living but i can assure you that since at least Rebel Heart, none of her new tracks are being played on music tv channels or on the radio. Just her old hits. So yeah, her current work is being ignored by tv and radios and that's unfair. For real are you findinh out just now that there is real agism in the industry especially for females ? How many times have you heard Dark ballet on radio or how many times have you seen the Frozen on fire sidekick remix video on tv ? Some.big radios have already stated that they won't play her anymore because she's too old. I am the one asking you how did you came up with the idea Madonna's current music isn't ignored by radios and tv ??

I honestly don’t know anyone who listens to radio or watches a music channel. I didn’t even know music channels exist. I assume on cable tv? Most people don’t have cable tv anymore. Apple TV has music videos playing but the music is so horrible I would never subjected myself to that after I tried once. 

16 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Actually, "Frozen" Sickick Remix was certified Gold in France, thanks to streaming. I'm not saying radios don't matter anymore, cause of course they do, but Youtube and the big Spotify and Apple Music playlists are clearly leading these days.

Of course streaming is now a huge thing and Madonna is doing well for her age, especially compared to other women her age she's way bigger but music channels still exist on tv and radios too and they do not play Madonna's new material since she is over 50 and that is disgusting. Madonna is not the only one, Matiah Carey and Jennifer lopez new tracks are not played there either since they're around 50.  

10 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Yeah i know and i'm very happy she's still out there releasing stuff but i'd also love if her current stuff was still played on radios and on tv. I mean they quickly forgot and turn the page when she was their biggest artist for 30 years. I know she cannot have the same success and impact all her life but coming from making huge events for her releases to nothing at all is a bit harsh in my opinion, ok the very last releases aren't stellar but when she released tracks and videos like Ghostown that was really unfair they didn't give a damn. 

This is what made me sad. Madonna was workaholic and perfectionist. And I adore it. But The problem is that as she grew older, American radio DJs refused to play her songs on the radio, and no matter how hard Madonna worked to make a good album, her songs no longer topped the charts. 

"Why i have to trying so hard? the results aren't as good as my efforts. Then Why do I have to keep work out hard and do healthy diet to be in perfect shape? I just eat as much as I want and gain weight, I could just order Ricardo to photoshop my body to reduce in half."

You know what I'm trying to saying? She tried and tried and tried, but it seems to me that she eventually gave up on everything at some point when she didn't get as much result as she tried. That make me really sad.

Above is what I wrote before.

I agree with what you said. And what you point out is the reason what makes me sad.

you know, How frustrating must Madonna herself be when even we who the third party feel that it is unfair?

I think that these frustration made current Madonna which is very desperate and keep digging herself into very low level.

15 hours ago, Vasili said:

So, according to you...

@Humanfly I read through the comments, you admitted to being drunk - so this is a warning please be mindful of how others interpret your comments. The comment about the forum being as white as the users - that's uncalled for - and such a stupid comparison.

I've also read through this thread - we are really getting too personal with our opinions, so you don't like the video - so you don't like what Madonna is doing - great, say that, but don't argue and make it personal with others because they have a different view to you - if you don't agree, say that, but don't get to the level of a high school student where we start name calling. 

5 hours ago, MadameX said:

This is what made me sad. Madonna was workaholic and perfectionist. And I adore it. But The problem is that as she grew older, American radio DJs refused to play her songs on the radio, and no matter how hard Madonna worked to make a good album, her songs no longer topped the charts. 

"Why i have to trying so hard? the results aren't as good as my efforts. Then Why do I have to keep work out hard and do healthy diet to be in perfect shape? I just eat as much as I want and gain weight, I could just order Ricardo to photoshop my body to reduce in half."

You know what I'm trying to saying? She tried and tried and tried, but it seems to me that she eventually gave up on everything at some point when she didn't get as much result as she tried. That make me really sad.

Above is what I wrote before.

I agree with what you said. And what you point out is the reason what makes me sad.

you know, How frustrating must Madonna herself be when even we who the third party feel that it is unfair?

I think that these frustration made current Madonna which is very desperate and keep digging herself into very low level.

Yeah, but, she should not haven lowered her standars because of external gratification. She was the best, let´s be the best forever, playing it the stupid radio or not, but for the millions of audience all over the world that are eager to love her one and a thousand of times each times she does something great from her heart.

Kylie is bigger than Madonna nowadays... in the UK only. Kylie is a national treasure there. BMG UK have done an excellent job with her in the last 5 years. But of course, she's not a challenging artist and super likeable, so comparing Madonna and her is pointless (I love both, by the way).

Worldwide Madonna is still doing better overall, in streams, views and sales.

I really appreciate Kylie (fellow Australian here) and she has, without a doubt, made some of the finest pop art ever.

However... she sure plays it safe. Impossible Princess and Kiss Me Once really messed with her. She needn't be so afraid.

On the other hand we have Madonna who, especially lately, turns much of her neurosis into entertainment.

At the end of the day, I'm grateful to be alive during both of their peaks and troughs.

41 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

But it physical sales did, Kylie's had 3 number 1 albums since 2018

Worldwide? Not in a million years.

Kylie outsold Madonna in 2 countries worldwide: UK and Australia. Everywhere else Madonna sold more. 

Disco didn't even sell 300k worldwide, what are you talking about? Madame X sold more than that with USA and UK numbers alone. 170k in the USA alone...over 60k in the UK, France and Italy around 30k in each. That's already 290k in these 4 countries alone. 

And Kylie had 3 #1 albums since 2018...in a country: UK. 

Even Finally Enough Love, a remix album peaked at #1 in more countries than Disco. 

I won't even bring up Youtube views and spotify streams cause then poor Kylie. 

Is this a Madonna fansite? Jesus christ...some of y'all want madonna to be a loser so bad that even facts aren't posted anymore, lmao.

19 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I honestly don’t know anyone who listens to radio or watches a music channel.

Count Me In GIF by James Bond 007

I am back listening to the radio while driving.

(and watch music channels in the kitchen)

I heard Levitating (not the remix) this morning.

Madonna is often played: Holiday, Who's that girl etc. Not the new material.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic