Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

My point is the comment  from another user was Madonna is the only successful artist over 50 at the moment that is doing well with new music but that clearly isn't true. There are other artists over 50 that are doing exceptionally well including Kylie. I'm going to compare sales  in the UK because I'm from the UK, I don't care how the sales are in South America or the Bermuda Triangle as it doesn't concern me as the UK most probably doesn't concern you.

But to say Madonna is the only successful Female artist over 50 is a complete lie

I'll just leave the sales in the UK for Kylie and Madonna I don't have time for Ireland and OZ

2018 Golden -  Number 1 163k

2019 Step Back In Time - Number 1 160k

2020 Disco - Number 1 122k

2019 Madame X  -  Number 2 60k

2021 Madame Xperience - Number 82 (no sales figure)

2022 FEL - number 3 14,132

It's been more than a week and I'm still watching this video as if it were the first day and it's undeniable that it's a very addictive and entertaining video and in which we see a totally different Madonna than the one we were used to but without abandoning the sensuality and eroticism that characterizes her so much and at the same time adapting her image to the culture of reggaeton, the most popular music genre in Latin America in recent times and that is entering the US and Asian markets with force.

Not even the Madame X videos achieved this effect of wanting to watch a video multiple times without getting bored in the process. I definitely want a second part or new songs using this music genre. A possibility, by the way, not so far from reality if we see the number of views that this video is reaching on YouTube and other platforms and that leaves for oblivion the previous remixes that she released with other artists that I don't even remember their names anymore.

I hope that the success of this video excites Madonna and she decides to use this musical genre on her new album. At least she would have a guaranteed audience in the Latin and Asian markets that adore her so much and that flatly contradict that statement or hypothesis, that came from I don't know where, that states that she will never be able to fill stadiums again. At least in these regions the expectations to see her live remain intact despite the passage of time and it is finally about seeing a Goddess at her best and live: a privilege that few mortals can have and even worse when we realize that it could be the last time of our lives.

2 hours ago, Simonsays said:

She wont tour for years - i don't know why fans think she is going to jump on tour - Its prob the last thing on her mind ..she is clearly having too much fun irritating people with her casual releases 

She literally said she wants to tour on her latest interview actually. And how she misses touring and that's the place she likes to be the most

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Say Something is a career high for Kylie. Possibly in my top three Kylie songs ever. Yes Disco is a bit derivative in parts but there some absolute bangers on that record. Magic, Miss A Thing, Supernova, Last Chance, Dancefloor Darling and Real Groove are top notch pop music. Golden album wasn’t for me at all and neither was Kiss Me Once but both a few solid tracks. 
Disco has had way more replay value for me than Madame X even if Madame X is a much much more artistic endeavour. 
Kylie is many things and she isn’t many things but you can never say that she lost her pop chops. It’s a daft comparison really. Kylie chose joy not discourse and aggravation. They are two entirely different types of artist.  

Yes their personalities are very different and Kylie is not political at all so that’s the main difference. But the style of music itself and even their image has more similarities than differences. Of course this is because Kylie followed closely in Madonna’s footsteps but either way I have known people to confuse the 2 artists over the years. For eg, once my friend referred to Lucky Star as a Kylie song.

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Say Something is a career high for Kylie. Possibly in my top three Kylie songs ever. Yes Disco is a bit derivative in parts but there some absolute bangers on that record. Magic, Miss A Thing, Supernova, Last Chance, Dancefloor Darling and Real Groove are top notch pop music. Golden album wasn’t for me at all and neither was Kiss Me Once but both a few solid tracks. 
Disco has had way more replay value for me than Madame X even if Madame X is a much much more artistic endeavour. 
Kylie is many things and she isn’t many things but you can never say that she lost her pop chops. It’s a daft comparison really. Kylie chose joy not discourse and aggravation. They are two entirely different types of artist.  

Oh if you ask me what career i prefer since 2018 between Madonna and Kylie, i'd choose Kylie any day of the week for sure.

Madame X as a concept was amazing: A secret agent that changes identities, each song / video being a different identity, is amazing on paper. It's like ALIAS (the TV show) but done by Madonna. The execution was a MESS. I actually expected us to get videos for all songs, we would actually understand who Madame X was, why he has an eyepatch...everything was rushed, it went nowhere, we got that Eurovision performance, everything was a damn mess. The only good memories from that era was the show i saw...but even that one wasn't a happy experience per say cause the show was darker, she didn't seem to be happy, she came on stage late, etc...

12 hours ago, Simonsays said:

Kylie goes to the opening of a envelope to promote her work even the one show (cringe) Madonna would not be seen dead on that show 

kylie goes for the pink pound and releases disco sounding songs every two weeks - madonna is doing work that does not appear to be very gay friendly at the moment working again with rappers and underground artists ..

i can totally get why Kylie appeals more to the british because she is safe and being super gay friendly - i think madonna has integrity and kylie is being pushed by a record company to do what her fans love but lets not go down the road of bashing other artists because apparently you can only rip MADONNA to shreds and not other artists in a madonna fan forum which is IRONIC cough cough cough

Kylie's pandering to the gay crowd is really not in any way better or worse than Madonna's attempts to be cool with the young kidz. I don't see how unsuccessfully releasing music aimed at tik tok teenagers (Madonna) is "having integrity", and making music for the fans who supported the artist for decades (Kylie) is not.

1 hour ago, Simonsays said:

I dont think she is attempting to be cool though - she is making a statement as a artist something Kylie doesnt seem to do 

Not everything is "art" and not everything is a statement. You could argue just as well that Kylie is making an artistic statement by releasing content aimed at a minority group. Either way, no point in arguing about it on a Madonna forum.

I think this is why kylie refused to join madonna on stage on her rebel heart tour - she  or her record company or manager was prob too scared it would damage her image if she was asked to be a unapologetic bitch and i can understand that

If I remember correctly when Madonna wanted Kylie to be her unapologetic bitch Kylie was in Europe. Madonna was asking Kylie on social media to come with zero notice. 

7 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

she talked about it on the show and said kylie was doing pop star stuff and could not make it then went on to say she hopes she is not seen as just a pop star so i think kylie snubbed her prob due to not wanting to be part of something that could very well be controversial - i dont know if it was after the outcry of her pulling down a fans top on stage or not which she went on to include on the rebel heart tour dvd lol - i can get why kylie would not want to work with madonna because im betting madonna would want to snog her on stage or something and kylie just wants to smile and do twirls surrounded by naked men 

Full disclosure - I am having a difficult time reading your response. Who talked about it? Madonna or Kylie? I just remember Kylie was in Europe at the time when Madonna was begging on social media for kylie to come back to Australia.

9 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

Madonna talked about it during her show and she sang "cant get you out of my head " too - i felt like kylie snubbed her which i can totally believe if madonna wanted her to be a unapologetic bitch and get spanked and teased with a banana ..she also says after the song "come back kylie i did not mean to scare you away " so something went on and she was clearly asked but snubbed her which i think is fair giving kylie is more of a people pleaser and safe when it comes to music and performance

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=1076810902386140&paipv=0&eav=AfYkwkAnkbOZ3fOib-3py8gW3Hjv8rbqajGURYyUacKpjiHu6AgJZaIcbUMX9tkeGLg&_rdr

Yes, she "snubbed" her cause she was working in Europe. Why would she stop working and fly back to Australia for 3 minutes? makes no sense.

Kylie has always played very smart with the Madonna comparisons, references and such. Always paying respect to Madonna but distancing herself - not in a bad way.

All the early 90s stuff... poor Kylie was FED UP with the comparisons (most of the time based on both of them being blonde and sexy) but handled it all quite well.

Also, she's a smart woman. We all know Madonna's sense of humor. Remember the 2000 T-Shirt thing?

maxresdefault.jpg

Was "ironic", a way for Madonna to acknowledge them while saying to them "I'm still here too, bitches". Kylie was thankful in interviews after that but also looked a little bit "are you making fun of me or are you making a tribute?". Probably both?

Then remember Kylie had a Madonna penned song, "Alone Again", recorded and all and decided not to use it commercially in the end, only in the credits of her 2007 documentary "White Diamond".

She was a little shady in 2012 about the "MDNA Tour" majorette costume, but that's all.

I took the 2016 rejection as 1) "I have my own life and career, I won't leave everything to be with you now" and again, 2) distancing herself, claiming her own space.

She's always been her own artist, not below or above Madonna, just different.

maybe im the only one who enjoys it lol

That's the fun part about Madonna, a little something for everyone. 

Regarding Kylie, I always thought of them kinda like fast food burgers or political parties. They're similar essentially but have their loyal followings who will know every striking and/or little difference. I've actually grown to like Kylie more in recent years, I truly couldn't have given a shit about her when Slow and Can't Get You Out Of My Head were big US Hits. Plus she came to our restaurant :)

1 minute ago, Simonsays said:

well yeah she has never hardly come out of her comfort safe zone - a people pleaser 

madonna is the opposite ..not even trying to please her fans which is where the backlash is coming from 

I think that is interesting of a artist to just do what they want and not be dictated to by people even if it costs them fans 

She is following the trend but against it you know? What is her real point of view about anything? She used to have a lot...

27 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

she is not here to be popular she is here to be free 

she is not a slave to her fans - she wont do what society expect her to do 

sadly her fans are turning into what she is fighting against which is odd and i think she knows it 

It´s more her own ageism and her lack of high quality products on the league of what she used to do in the past, more or less. She is not really doing any revolution you know. 

• RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic