Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

the thing is there are grades of love and adoration and everybody loves something/someone differently. No one can expect the others to be in full sync with himself when it comes to how they love their icon

That i understand it. But the constant name dropping i dont and i dont think i will ever understand it, like WTF did she do to you 

3 hours ago, Simonsays said:

No but her spotify figures have gone up since this remix campaign started - she wont ever get a number one again unless she works with the likes of Ariana grande or Ed sheeran and dua lipa (NOT A REMIX)- A artist that has massive streaming figures I don't think getting number ones is her intention or priority here its trying to reach out to a different audience - one that streams and also i just think she likes the artists she is working with ..she has enough number 1s  - What 64 year old female singer gets number 1s ? ill wait 

Honey, she posts her streaming stats and going #1 in obscure countries on iTunes all the time. She's clearly releasing this music for the charts. If she really and truly loves the artists she's working with...well....where has her taste gone? :rip:

All the twisted explanations for this phase of Madonna's career kill me at this point. Occam's razor, folks.

Some of you don't care about the charts or the stats when she's doing well or getting good results (this video being at #4 on YouTube Trending worldwide chart after the release - "not important!" OK, try to get that yourself with your video, darling!; her growing almost x2 her Spotify monthly listeners in a year - "still very low for a legend!") but then suddenly DO care as soon as she's not doing that great or she starts to drop.

If you don't like it, why you care SO much about it? :eyes: I just don't get it.

37 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Honey, she posts her streaming stats and going #1 in obscure countries on iTunes all the time. She's clearly releasing this music for the charts. If she really and truly loves the artists she's working with...well....where has her taste gone? :rip:

All the twisted explanations for this phase of Madonna's career kill me at this point. Occam's razor, folks.

No she doesn't. Once and a while she'll say "Number 1 bitches" and thank everybody. But never in her career has she EVER bowed to charts. Need to do your homework 🙄 

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Some of you don't care about the charts or the stats when she's doing well or getting good results (this video being at #4 on YouTube Trending worldwide chart after the release - "not important!" OK, try to get that yourself with your video, darling!; her growing almost x2 her Spotify monthly listeners in a year - "still very low for a legend!") but then suddenly DO care as soon as she's not doing that great or she starts to drop.

If you don't like it, why you care SO much about it? :eyes: I just don't get it.

This. 👆👆👆

18 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

I know but part of me wonders if there are two people running her Instagram her and another and the other is the one who posts things like her stats etc etc - maybe guy oseary 

She started posting charts results and achievements on her Instagram stories after she got a new press team after the new Warner deal was announced in August 2020. So I'm sure it's them or them passing the info to her and her posting it. She didn't post all that before.

Make sense anyway and lots of other artists do it too - if she's #1 on X countries on her latest video passes X million views, why not be proud of it? It's her work. And it's positive.

28 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

I know but part of me wonders if there are two people running her Instagram her and another and the other is the one who posts things like her stats etc etc - maybe guy oseary 

GUY O IS THE ARTIST MANAGER NOT THE COMMUNITY MANAGER.

Madonna is the artist not the community manager.

She's also a company, almost an industry, not your niece doing tiktoks.

Why would she have a team if they didn't do such things on her behalf?

Do you really believe she does all that on her own? Don't be naive.

1 hour ago, Simonsays said:

Maybe she doesnt go on instagram at all herself - i mean it would not be healthy for her to read comments that are horrible - if i was a celeb id turn comments off 

Maybe ricardo in in full charge and like you say she just passes off her comments to him etc 

We.know when.it is.her. Artists are hEre to.disturb the peace!!!!!! *insert 30 emoticons*

8 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

Has she already got number 1 with this and her new genz fanbase?

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

OMG your sense of humor is just spot on!

that GIF is Literally me when i read some delusional fan wrote something like this. 
"this is not a music for old people this is for young generation!"

I mean are you sure? LOL

2 hours ago, Simonsays said:

no i wont not everybody on this forum is negative all of the time - you for example are not negative all of the time - i will be left with that user who says he loves everything and that everything is perfect lol 

"This is great i love it " 

"these are just fantastic pictures of her i love it " 

i think this user is madonna so im fine with being left with her 

rather one of your many alt accounts.

how stupid do you think we are?

On 10/3/2022 at 6:29 PM, Simonsays said:

Maybe she doesnt go on instagram at all herself - i mean it would not be healthy for her to read comments that are horrible - if i was a celeb id turn comments off 

Maybe ricardo in in full charge and like you say she just passes off her comments to him etc 

She’s responded to people who say horrible things about her in the comments section on more than one occasion. 

On 9/25/2022 at 8:58 PM, MadameX said:

You wrote a very long essay but the biggest problem with this long essay is that you wrote it not for real people but for imaginary enemies you created in your head.

The reason why so many fans, including myself, hate this video is not because we are conservative.

I don't care if Madonna perform naked on stage right now. If Madonna does it right.

Your fight will be as easy as black and white if you create an imagination of conservative imaginary humans in your head. 

But reality is This is not a matter of conservative vs progressive

It's a matter of Good quality vs Bad quality and a matter of done it right VS done it wrong.

That's the real problem here.

Right here, you've proven the (extremely well thought out) point that @Roland Barthesis making: that there is a right vs wrong way for Madonna (specifically Madonna, but presumably for all women in general) to create art or to express her/their sexuality. 

And here there be Trigger/Thesis Paper warnings for forum members who won't/can't read anything longer than a tweet, especially if there aren't accompanying pictures.

@MadameX, you say you wouldn't care if Madonna performs naked on stage as long as she "does it right".  But who judges what's right? And this is where you prove the above argument, because conservative people are generally the ones who try to stymie those who don't play by the established rules of the status quo.  Suggesting that the quality of ones art or that an expression of consentual sexuality can or should be subjected to an arbitrary standard of approval for it to be valid (aka "right") is a pretty standard part of conservatism.  It's not a huge leap to break Right vs Wrong down into even more specific and often uglier extremes like Black vs White, Man vs Woman, Straight vs Gay, Male Gender vs Female Gender, etc. (By the way, I'm not suggesting that anyone here has those beliefs, just that binary conservative thinking can all too often devolve into those belief systems.)

Conservative "wisdom" says that the Amanda Cazalet kiss=sexy, the Britney kiss=iconic, and the Tokischa kiss=trashy; this seems to be the progression, or am I mistaken?

We can presume what people are thinking is wrong: here is an older woman going to extremes, sometimes in ways that would be considered by mainstream society to be "obscene", "unbecoming", "trashy", even "desperate".  These are words that have followed her through her entire career, whether about her naked body, her medical procedures, or the age of her boyfriends (or girlfriends, who knows?  She's does everything but scissor Tokischa in the video.)

Another thing that's followed her throughout her career are people underestimating her.  And yet, she's still here inspiring important and topical discussions, whether you love what she's doing or hate it.  You'll notice that there aren't a lot of people claiming the middle ground.

Remember, Madonna is not a stupid woman.  She is well aware of what people's opinions are regarding her art, her behavior, her looks, and her lifestyle.  Hell, she's mentioned the grillz in two different songs.  So that means one of two things:

1: She's doing this stuff for attention, and doesn't care whether it's good or bad attention.  I say that because if she was only after "good" attention, there are a lot easier and more obvious routes to take.  And either way, she's getting the attention and the result is the same: success. 

2. She's doing this stuff because it's fun for her and she's enjoying herself, whether or not we agree with her public presentation.  End result?  Success.

This is where it becomes relevant to ask yourself the question: what is it that bothers me about Madonna at this point? 

Is it that you don't enjoy the music anymore?  Nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't make the music she's making wrong or bad in any type of measurable way.  She's made enough music at this point for most of us to have songs, albums, or even whole eras we dislike, and that's pretty understandable considering the depth and breadth of her work.  Personally, I think Hard Candy is crap, but that's my own taste, and I certainly won't say that she's wrong for doing it or others are bad for enjoying it.

Are you worried about her legacy and it's reputation?  Don't be dramatic, she could film herself taking a shit on the side of the road for her next video, but no matter how scandalized the papers will pretend to be, they'll still have to mention at least SOME of this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Madonna_records_and_achievements, because nobody can take away what she's already achieved.  And 99% of the population will still say "Like a Prayer" is a fantastic song.

Or is it that Madonna in her 60s isn't behaving in a way that YOU don't approve of or enjoy?  Are you embarrassed to tell people that you're a fan?  Cuz if someone's fandom depends on the approval of other people, I'd have to argue that a person like that is more of a poseur than a fan anyways.

I guess the moral of the story here is that @Roland Barthesis absolutely correct in his assessment, and that even in her 60s, Madonna continues to be an artist that challenges our outlook and beliefs, and hopefully makes us reexamine the more stale and conservative views that we ALL have, whether it's how a woman of a certain age "should" conduct herself, what a mature pop star "should" sound like, or any of the other views that exist only to impose limitations instead of embracing the endless possibilities that are open to all of us.  That's why I love what she's doing, and that's why she'll always be the one and only Queen.

• RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic