Jump to content

Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video


Roy
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Bionic said:

The remix isn't really the problem, I personally actually like it, which is why the video is so disappointing. It's how she presents herself visually. Sorry but she doesn't look sexy, young, fun or whatever to me. As I posted a few pages back she looks stoned, her eyes have no clear focus, she seems more like that weird lady from the block down the road who accidentally took magic mushrooms and is now crashing the party the young folks are having thinking she's so cool and edgy and only that she really isn't. She sticks out like a sore thumb in her own video.

 

THIS. For all the attempts at looking "cool and edgy"...she actually is making herself look quite old. That's the irony of it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Explain to me what’s good about it please? 
@Prayerand others.

I’d genuinely like to know because I’m missing something obviously but I’m willing to learn and stay open. 

The direction?

The styling?

The artistic statement?

The lack of artistic statement?

The sexual portions?

The dog food falling off the supermarket shelf? 
 

What does that represent? 

I’m all ears. 

Yeah, you're missing the whole point, actually. All those things can also be said about her 1992 work - and were said.

It's an artistic expression, no one needs to explain anything. Nothing is "good" or "bad". It's just about what you feel about it.

If you don't feel nothing, it's OK. Go back to the "SEX" book. It's not that different but maybe without a 64 year old woman showing her sexuality, the reggaeton beat and the sweaty latin people all around you can enjoy it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yeah, you're missing the whole point, actually. All those things can also be said about her 1992 work - and were said.

It's an artistic expression, no one needs to explain anything. Nothing is "good" or "bad". It's just about what you feel about it.

If you don't feel nothing, it's OK. Go back to the "SEX" book. It's not that different but maybe without a 64 year old woman showing her sexuality, the reggaeton beat and the sweaty latin people all around you can enjoy it?

No don’t be evasive I asked you what was good about it? 
 

please. The floor is yours 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Why working on “”something stupid””??? a meltdown over & over again means she’s losing her identity as the queen of pop… actually it feels weird to say it coz obviously she lost it.

The queen of pop has become super weird and irrelevant.

The king of pop is dead.

The princess of pop was abused for over a decade, had her personal and artistic growth stunted and is trying to find her place in this world.

No wonder modern pop music just doesn't hold up.

Edited by Bionic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, steady75 said:

No don’t be evasive I asked you what was good about it? 
 

please. The floor is yours 

I replied. Maybe you didn't read it (or care)? Here's again:

It's an artistic expression, no one needs to explain anything. Nothing is "good" or "bad". It's just about what you feel about it.

You're welcome. 

1992 is calling and wants you back. The "SEX" book is yours.

Meanwhile, +150.000 views for the video in 6 hours and thanks to its release Madonna has passed the 6M subscribers mark on YouTube:

All of the Spanish comments I'm reading are positive... Latin Twitter seems to be here for it too.

Plus: 562.024 streams so far on Spotify.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its reminds me of David Chappelle's work with the color and gritty look.  Which was his original vision for Hung up.  But then M and him parted ways because she wanted a much more polished version.  Which is what we got. This looks like the origiginal vsion just with the current latin spin on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahaha. I love it and i love that this is pissing off so many people. And it's just a bonus it's some of her fans. THIS is the Madonna i fell for.  I absolutely love this remix, the video does not bother me, she looks a bit awkward in it but the whole concept is not different from parties i've been to. It reminds of that friend of my sister whom screamed at the tv screen when she saw the Erotica video. In fact some comments made here are quite literally stuff she said then. And i absolutely love the fact that she's pissing off transphobes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Prayer said:

I replied. Maybe you didn't read it (or care)? Here's again:

It's an artistic expression, no one needs to explain anything. Nothing is "good" or "bad". It's just about what you feel about it.

You're welcome. 

1992 is calling and wants you back. The "SEX" book is yours.

Meanwhile, +150.000 views for the video in 6 hours and thanks to its release Madonna has passed the 6M subscribers mark on YouTube:

All of the Spanish comments I'm reading are positive... Latin Twitter seems to be here for it too.

1992 can fuck off. I’m here for 2022 just not this shit. And that’s what is is shit. 
I read your swerve. Your dip isn’t the flex you think it is.

Sure it’s just a lil off to the left remix and that’s fine. But it’s shit and it’s fine to say it’s shit. 
In fact if more people around her in her inner circle told her facts that some things  she’s doing were shite previously We wouldn’t have to S S S S S S S Suffa it.


Im not pressed but your constant defence and obvious lack of taste level regarding the quality control of her output is …. Well… I’ll leave It there. I don’t feel the need to insult you the way you attempted to belittle me. 
 

gonna block you now hen. You’re kind of awful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Hahaha. I love it and i love that this is pissing off so many people. And it's just a bonus it's some of her fans. THIS is the Madonna i fell for.  I absolutely love this remix, the video does not bother me, she looks a bit awkward in it but the whole concept is not different from parties i've been to. It reminds of that friend of my sister whom screamed at the tv screen when she saw the Erotica video. In fact some comments made here are quite literally stuff she said then. And i absolutely love the fact that she's pissing off transphobes. 

Me too! I'm so glad she's pissing off the last 20 fans she has left! Maybe with all this pissing off, she can do a Madonna: The Cafeteria Xperience Tour next year to celebrate her 40th anniversary! It might even sell out, if she's lucky!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Why working on “”something stupid””??? a meltdown over & over again means she’s losing her identity as the queen of pop… actually it feels weird to say it coz obviously she lost it.

Her legacy is way too important and huge for her just to "lose it" over a stupid remix. IMO, the remix is kinda ok, is the only one I kinda like from the last ones she released (Frozen remixes and Material Gworl). The video... I don't know, it fits the song. It's not supposed to be taken seriously so I don't think we should be overreacting to it. She's just enjoying herself and that's it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Madonna always did and always will do things to please herself first.

You guys sound like when people said that "Sex book just wasn't sexy". Like, why do you think Madonna would try to do something for others to take her as a sexy object? If you do, you do not know her that well as you may think.

Madonna is feeling herself doing those things now that she's past 60 just because she "should not" be doing it. She's not trying to please people, wanting them to think she's a sexy 20 years old woman. Madonna is not stupid.

The difference now is that some fans are repulsed by her image whilst back then they thought Sex avant garde, ground breaking , whatever because they liked of how she looked. The image resonated and was thought as beautiful (there's a whole thesis to be made here on why so many gays embraced her and so many straight people left her at that time purely on the imagery alone but I'm too lazy and stupid to make it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

1992 can fuck off. I’m here for 2022 just not this shit. And that’s what is is shit. 
I read your swerve. Your dip isn’t the flex you think it is.

Sure it’s just a lil off to the left remix and that’s fine. But it’s shit and it’s fine to say it’s shit. 
In fact if more people around her in her inner circle told her facts that some things  she’s doing were shite previously We wouldn’t have to S S S S S S S Suffa it.


Im not pressed but your constant defence and obvious lack of taste level regarding the quality control of her output is …. Well… I’ll leave It there. I don’t feel the need to insult you the way you attempted to belittle me. 
 

gonna block you now hen. You’re kind of awful. 

Haahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm in tears. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's interesting - it's rough as fuck, unpolished and very amateur - but I guess that was what they were going for!

I don't know where this is all going tbh - she looked amazing in the 50 questions - and then we regress to gangsta pussy eating, ass exfoliating queen - she's having fun, and that's all that matters - just not sure which Madonna we are being served lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wanna say that I love this community, never laughed so hard in my life as when going through this thread. At the end of the day we are all Madonna fans, those of us who don't like something she puts out do not aggressively name call those who do and I am personally disgusted by those who think its ok to name call other users offensive stuff like sexist or ageist just because we don't like something she does. What gives anyone the right to think that they can talk to me like that just because they are hiding behind a screen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

I just wanna say that I love this community, never laughed so hard in my life as when going through this thread. At the end of the day we are all Madonna fans, those of us who don't like something she puts out do not aggressively name call those who do and I am personally disgusted by those who think its ok to name call other users offensive stuff like sexist or ageist just because we don't like something she does. What gives anyone the right to think that they can talk to me like that just because they are hiding behind a screen?

I agree - members should not be attacking other members for having an opinion that they might not agree with.

Madonna is a public figure, there will be things that people like that she does, and things that people will not like and it's fine to express that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...