Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

5 minutes ago, Bermu said:

iwhat? what's that? are we in 2008?
It's 2022, and Spotify, YouTube Music, Deezer, Tidal, Apple Music, Amazon Music and the return of vinyls say HELLOOOO

Are there still people who buy music files?
If so.. what does a "number one around the world in itunes" mean? 

:salty:

Believe it or not, while it's not the main store anymore, of course it matters and of course there are still people buying digital music, myself for instance.

They're album sales after all. An album sale, CD, vinyl or digital (iTunes for instance) always counts more for the charts, you need hundreds of streams to equal an album sale, depending on the charts rules of every country.

Besides, a digital album sale always means more money (profit) for the label than streaming. She was #1 on iTunes with a 30$ album. That's definitely good money for Warner and her.

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Believe it or not, while it's not the main store anymore, of course it matters and of course there are still people buying digital music, myself for instance.

They're album sales after all. An album sale, CD, vinyl or digital (iTunes for instance) always counts more for the charts, you need hundreds of streams to equal an album sale, depending on the charts rules of every country.

Besides, a digital album sale always means more money (profit) for the label than streaming. She was #1 on iTunes with a 30$ album. That's definitely good money for Warner and her.

Well, I just wanted to point out that it seemed to me something in disuse nowadays. I know that there're still people who buy digital music, but since the proliferation of streaming platforms where you can have all the music in the world in the palm of your hand, it doesn't make much sense to buy mp3 or wav files anymore, in my humble opinion, of course. What does make more sense (to me) is to buy a good vinyl or CD... but I wasn't talking about that.

I also wanted to know how many "units sold" on iTunes make a number 1 album. It must be very few. Certainly very few, man. 

What I'm here to say is that, today, the sale of records (digital or physical) does not make a number 1 artist anymore. I know this because my nieces and all of their friends (ages 13-18) have never bought a record, nor will they in the long run. Their radio is TikTok, their music player is Spotify, and their "MTV" is YouTube.

The game today is about the number of views on YouTube and Spotify, and that's what makes an "artist" relevant and a number one today (I say an "artist" because anyone without real talent can be number one today...)

2 minutes ago, Bermu said:

Well, I just wanted to point out that it seemed to me something in disuse nowadays. I know that there're still people who buy digital music, but since the proliferation of streaming platforms where you can have all the music in the world in the palm of your hand, it doesn't make much sense to buy mp3 or wav files anymore, in my humble opinion, of course. What does make more sense (to me) is to buy a good vinyl or CD... but I wasn't talking about that.

I also wanted to know how many "units sold" on iTunes make a number 1 album. It must be very few. Certainly very few, man. 

Certainly we're not talking about big numbers now on iTunes. But even if she sold, let's say, only 1.000 copies of "Finally Enough Love" on iTunes worldwide (pure estimate), that still would be 1.000 albums at 30 dollars each.

What I meant is everything counts and everything is important. A #1 on iTunes worldwide, while not as important as in 2013, is still an achievement - smaller than before but still one.

20 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I didn’t mention any of her last 3 albums in my comment (the fact from 2008 until 2015 she was on the TOP)…

I was referring to her work this year + her last tour which was a disaster to her legacy as a touring artist!

Ooops, sorry... My mistake. If her music doesn't count yeah... I admit it. Madonna is a terrible instagramer! Just joking...

I know what you're trying to say but people here are acting like she's completly over for 4 remixes and 3 videos and a half. For me, and I guess that for a lot of fans, the albums (don't forget that after all Madonna is a singer) are not bad. You can like them more or less but they are not bad albums. You talk about this year... I don't think she's done something so bad to see how some people react.

What did she do this year?

01. Who's that girl club mix for RSD
02. Frozen remixes
03. Material Gwoooorld
04. Gay Pride Concert
05. Finally Enough Love compilation
06. Hung up with tokischa
07. Erotica picture disc re-realise
08. Everybody RSD

I don't think it's bad. About the Madame X Tour I have to admit that is not her best moment. I think the show was good but the last minute cancelations, waiting hours to see her on stage was what made the show a disaster. Of course, it was her fault too but I don't think the show on stage was bad at all. Different to what people expected (same as the new remixes) but not bad at all.

2 hours ago, Bermu said:

What I'm here to say is that, today, the sale of records (digital or physical) does not make a number 1 artist anymore. I know this because my nieces and all of their friends (ages 13-18) have never bought a record, nor will they in the long run. Their radio is TikTok, their music player is Spotify, and their "MTV" is YouTube.

The game today is about the number of views on YouTube and Spotify, and that's what makes an "artist" relevant and a number one today (I say an "artist" because anyone without real talent can be number one today...)

I don't stream. I cant never find the music I like and I have a music library of 1.38TB. I don't see the point of paying for stream.

I own vinyls and I buy digital.

1 minute ago, Robertthenurse said:

Love vinyl. I feel like music sounds way better on vinyl lol

I think is the ritual, like smokers ( I don't smoke) the idea of doing some physical and pay attention to what you are playing.

In the same way I love making my own playlist with my music (digitally) I enjoy sitting down and pick the right record I want to play and enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I think is the ritual, like smokers ( I don't smoke) the idea of doing some physical and pay attention to what you are playing.

In the same way I love making my own playlist with my music (digitally) I enjoy sitting down and pick the right record I want to play and enjoy it.

Yes! The physical touch. Like books. I love playing a record from start to end. Same can be said about streaming...but typically people choose the songs they like from the album without listening to it in its entirety. Just listened to Bjork Post from start to end...woe...the flow and the artistic journey the artist takes you on. I feel like for Madonna that didn't start until Like a Prayer.

1 minute ago, Robertthenurse said:

Yes! The physical touch. Like books. I love playing a record from start to end. Same can be said about streaming...but typically people choose the songs they like from the album without listening to it in its entirety. Just listened to Bjork Post from start to end...woe...the flow and the artistic journey the artist takes you on. I feel like for Madonna that didn't start until Like a Prayer.

I went to an event where you go to a cinema blindfolded and played you albums from beginning to the end in the most incredible sound system. I listened to Post and I love the album and know it so well. it's insane how much you get from it when there's nothing else by darkness.

2 hours ago, scamper said:

Ooops, sorry... My mistake. If her music doesn't count yeah... I admit it. Madonna is a terrible instagramer! Just joking...

I know what you're trying to say but people here are acting like she's completly over for 4 remixes and 3 videos and a half. For me, and I guess that for a lot of fans, the albums (don't forget that after all Madonna is a singer) are not bad. You can like them more or less but they are not bad albums. You talk about this year... I don't think she's done something so bad to see how some people react.

What did she do this year?

01. Who's that girl club mix for RSD
02. Frozen remixes
03. Material Gwoooorld
04. Gay Pride Concert
05. Finally Enough Love compilation
06. Hung up with tokischa
07. Erotica picture disc re-realise
08. Everybody RSD

I don't think it's bad. About the Madame X Tour I have to admit that is not her best moment. I think the show was good but the last minute cancelations, waiting hours to see her on stage was what made the show a disaster. Of course, it was her fault too but I don't think the show on stage was bad at all. Different to what people expected (same as the new remixes) but not bad at all.

Like I posted earlier I think it's rather an accumulation of things that has many fans worried. I mean what's up with her lateness at her shows? Was she always like this? Because from what I've been observing she started to get annoyingly late for her concerts at around the S&S tour and ever since it seems to have gotten worse with every new tour. In that regard she has sort of turned into Marilyn Monroe, who was increasingly late for her scenes over the course of her career. I would die for someone who worked on the last tours to spill the beans and explain what leads to her starting hours (!) late.

Add all those factors, the new music not resonating with big audiences anymore, her serious problem to start her performances on time, her seeming unfocused, weird and kinda directionless these days, the bad plastic surgery and social media behaviour and you have, over the course of at least the past 10 years a perfect storm of legacy destruction.

Edited by Bionic (see edit history)

'you only see what your eyes want to see' 

i love the fact that she is showcasing new artists that are unknown in america. the fact they are mostly people of color is amazing.

all the while paving the way for other pop divas to age however the fuck they want. 

and no. fans dont have to like it. they can not like her anymore. but one day when ur old your going to be elton john.

Edited by Madonna Wannabee Collector (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I went to an event where you go to a cinema blindfolded and played you albums from beginning to the end in the most incredible sound system. I listened to Post and I love the album and know it so well. it's insane how much you get from it when there's nothing else by darkness.

Plus you should have mentioned that you “ sweat a lot better in the dark “ 😂😱🤪

I’m down for any format except cassette or vinyl - I’ve never understood the vinyl revival  - yes it looks nice having the album in a 12” size box but logistically it’s way more hassle listening to it - I still think cd is the best for convenience ( car , home in the garden etc) I will buy digital songs in wav but only if it’s a particular song that is hard to track down on a cheaper physical cd or if it’s an album where I only like 1 or 2 songs 

11 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Like I posted earlier I think it's rather an accumulation of things that has many fans worried. I mean what's up with her lateness at her shows? Was she always like this? Because from what I've been observing she started to get annoyingly late for her concerts at around the S&S tour and ever since it seems to have gotten worse with every new tour. In that regard she has sort of turned into Marilyn Monroe, who was increasingly late for her scenes over the course of her career. I would die for someone who worked on the last tours to spill the beans and explain what leads to her starting hours (!) late.

Add all those factors, the new music not resonating with big audiences anymore, her serious problem to start her performances on time, her seeming unfocused, weird and kinda directionless these days, the bad plastic surgery and social media behaviour and you have, over the course of at least the past 10 years a perfect storm of legacy destruction.

Yeah, and I understand all of that. The times I watched a live show of Madonna I had to wait half an hour (one of the longest of my life) so I can understand that people gets upset with that. I can understand that for example on the first concert of a tour or in one or two concerts (always having an explanation) but not what happened on MDNA Rebel Heart and Madame X tours. The fact that she says things like "A queen never comes late" doesn't help. I think she uses that kind of things to say "I'm sorry" in a funny way, and maybe her fans understand tha humor, but in the public there's a lot of people that it's not a fan but wants to see her live once in their lives.

But even though I can understand that, I don't understand some things. The Who's that girl club mix "Had a bad quality image" or "had better pictures of that session" or "The causing a commotion edit doesn't appear" or "Why didn't she release it on digital or CD?" so... She unprofessional, she's lost her magic, she's over. Finally Enough Love, HER favorite mixes. "Angel is not there", "Why not causing a commotion", "The remix of this song should be this one and not the one added on the compilation", "The artwork is the worst artwork ever, the "Ghosttown" one was much better" (it's a joke). so... she's unprofessional, she's lost her magic, she's over. Look what happened to the Everybody RSD post. It was closed because people didn't like the cover and, instead of saying "I'm not a big fan of the new artwork" was like "I'm gonnna die!!!!!!!! She's so unprofessional, she's lost her magic, she's over.

We've had here people (and I think that they are fans too) that worked on her atworks. There were some that they had curiosity for their work, that asked them question with respect and that's ok but, on the other hand there were the drama queens that are always saying how bad their work is and in a bad way. I guess that if you talk with them and say "I recognize your work, but I don't like it" probably they would say "Why?" just to know the opinion. But here are some people that more than an opinion they just insult or, at least they don't show respect and, the sad thing, is that seems that they think they're funny and enjoy this situation.

I've been a Madonna fan of Madonna since 1984 (I'm not trying to say that it makes me a better fan than the others) but one thing I know is that I know her work perfectly and if someone is against her I can use arguments to defend her. The same way that some times I've talked with blind fans and tried to open their eyes saying "Yeah, this is great but look that mistakes too". Life is full of oppinions, nothing is completly black or completly white but as time goes by there's less people that see this in grey.

I can bring myself to read all the comments but if M is completely irrelevant in 2022.........

Then every single artist from the 1980s, 1990's and a lot from the 2000's are all irrelevant. Write them all off:lol:

There is no other artist that started in those decades that creates so much buzz around releases, press, internet buzz, performances, award show performances, album chart placings etc.  When you wrap that up all together she is still very viable in the music industry. Yes Madame X charted extremely strong compared to artists from her time. And yes so did the remix album Finally Enough Love. 

The general public don't know specifics of her projects but they certainly know shes still ticking along.  Whether they like it or.

You cant say that for many.

For a artist who hasn't really had a hit single since 2008 on the charts, she's done a incredible job of still being seen and heard

On 9/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, androiduser said:

Now I remembered what it reminds me of... :eyes:

I really wish I could laugh while watching this video. But I can't laugh. Because the reason you can laugh at this kind of parody video is because it is different from reality, you can laugh at the difference. However, this video is an old drama scene that was not made with Madonna in mind, but the tragic reality is that if you compare the appearance and behavior of the terrible old actress like a clown in this video with Madonna's current appearance and behavior, there is no decisive difference exist between two of them. It seems as if it predicted Madonna's current state too accurately, and it only feels cruel and sad.

sad oldy madonna 01_50% size.png

8 hours ago, proxy said:

Can you please tell me how much WM paid to Rolling Stone, since you so well informed. 

I'm guessing you're probably not gonna like to hear that Weinstein likely paid for M's 2012 Golden Globe...

These kinds of deals go on all the time, and it's a little naive to think that they don't.

2 hours ago, blondebenji said:

I can bring myself to read all the comments but if M is completely irrelevant in 2022.........

Then every single artist from the 1980s, 1990's and a lot from the 2000's are all irrelevant. Write them all off:lol:

There is no other artist that started in those decades that creates so much buzz around releases, press, internet buzz, performances, award show performances, album chart placings etc.  When you wrap that up all together she is still very viable in the music industry. Yes Madame X charted extremely strong compared to artists from her time. And yes so did the remix album Finally Enough Love. 

The general public don't know specifics of her projects but they certainly know shes still ticking along.  Whether they like it or.

You cant say that for many.

For a artist who hasn't really had a hit single since 2008 on the charts, she's done a incredible job of still being seen and heard

None of this is happening outside of Madonna fan boards but go off. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic