Madonna & Tokischa - Hung Up Remix Music Video

Roy

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well I said I liked it. I didn’t say 20 years from now I’ll still care about it. I think what’s hypocritical is to say this is inferior in any way to most pop stuff that’s being released in the past few years

I suppose the actual remix itself is fine in comparison to most stuff today but the video? the video is terrible in my opinion. How much mainstream pop music do you listen to? I ask because you would be hard pressed to find any big name artist dropping such a mediocre video and frankly the like/dislike ratio speaks for itself. I guess its not that big of a deal and we should just be happy Madonna seems to be creatively inspired again, her next album will be interesting for sure.

9 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

I suppose the actual remix itself is fine in comparison to most stuff today but the video? the video is terrible in my opinion. How much mainstream pop music do you listen to? I ask because you would be hard pressed to find any big name artist dropping such a mediocre video and frankly the like/dislike ratio speaks for itself. I guess its not that big of a deal and we should just be happy Madonna seems to be creatively inspired again, her next album will be interesting for sure.

Ummm how about the Tiny Dancer video Elton and Britney, Gaga’s Stupid Love, Lizzo’s last video etc. And I can probably find many more that I think are worse. 
And let’s compare apples to apples. This is not a video for a new single off a new album. It’s a side project collaboration of a remix of an old song. That was done in a week. It’s a glorified lyric video.
I think we are lucky as fans to get all this content while we have no new material. 
As for the new album, it’s doomed. Unless she plays it safe like Kylie or Cher her fan base will come for her with pitchforks especially if she collaborates with any artists of color

Little update on different things about "Hung Up On Tokischa". :cute: For those interested.

First of all, the video is now available to buy on iTunes and view on Apple Music:

https://music.apple.com/es/music-video/hung-up-on-tokischa/1647792993

This shouldn't be big news, right? Well, it's the first music video officially released on iTunes/Apple Music since she returned to Warner. The "Frozen" remixes videos were only on Madonna's YouTube.

Plus stats update:

YouTube: 2.281.743 views

Spotify: 1.506.311 streams

The song is #5 on Tokischa's most streamed songs on Spotify but hasn't entered Madonna's Top 10 - at least yet.

49 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

i have and its not on the same level as it is in madonna forums and social media because she is not offensive and does not rock the boat - i dont know what the hell a kylie fan would have to complain about - she basically is a slave to them - madonna changes direction musically causing fans to get angry at her - i dont think for a second madonna thought her fans would love trap music etc but she does it anyway and even though i believe it hurts her in terms of popularity - she still goes ahead and does it and isnt that what a true artist should do ?

Lol have you never been to Say Hey? That is the MadonnaNation of Kylie forums. :laughing:

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Little update on different things about "Hung Up On Tokischa". :cute: For those interested.

First of all, the video this now available to buy on iTunes and view on Apple Music:

https://music.apple.com/es/music-video/hung-up-on-tokischa/1647792993

This shouldn't be big news, right? Well, it's the first music video officially released on iTunes/Apple Music since she returned to Warner. The "Frozen" remixes videos were only on Madonna's YouTube.

Plus stats update:

YouTube: 2.281.743 views

Spotify: 1.506.311 streams

The song is #5 on Tokischa's most streamed songs on Spotify but hasn't entered Madonna's Top 10 - at least yet.

thank you baby for this :* 

43 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

Do they call kylie a 

hunch back 

a artist that is DONE 

A ageist because she does not do videos with old aged pensioners 

fat 

a alcoholic 

a drug addict 

a has been 

a artist who is ruining her legacy 

a artist who is desperately in need of a intervention 

and much more that i cant even be bothered typing but the list is endless because from my experience in kylie forums kylie  fans are no way near as toxic as Madonna fans towards a artist they admire but i say this lightly as i truly believe there are a few members in this forum who are anything but Madonna fans who i have blocked and if this forum thinks that people who have a vicious hate towards Madonna would follow her social media pages with a passion to express hatred would not join forums to do the same then they are wrong because they do and they try and make it a miserable experience to be a madonna fan and try and ruin any enjoyment that some fans may get out of Madonnas most recent projects like for example i dont find the video remix of hung up as bad as some were saying - i think that some are offended because they believe she is too old to be behaving like the way she does and that she should settle down and age gracefully whatever that means 

I mean...this forum is basically open to anyone who so wishes to create an account. Madonna has had so much negative people involved in her career that it wouldn't surprise me that a majority have decided to create aliases to invade true Madonna fans on a forum. I joined this forum to celebrate the artist. And for some strange reason a large majority of "fans" on this site have a weird codependency type relationship. Like, I get we all have our opinions, and, we have our personal taste to music and to art, but, to be personally offended over a 4 minute video. I don't know man. I don't get it. Like, there's way more to life man. This is coming from someone who has M tatted on their body, but like, fuuuuuuuk if a complete stranger (let's face it, we don't know her personally) can offend a person that much...kinda says more about them then the rest of us...thats why I've decided to stick around...cuz its actually quite funny...but sad. Very sad. 

As I said before, this narrative that this forum is just full of haters who want to criticize everything she does is just not accurate even if some people go too far in what they say sometimes because Madonna fans are passionate. Her recent pride performance was very well received in here along with things like the Elton John Your Song cover and her q&a. Nobody is being ageist or opposed to her working with artists of color, its just that this video for the remix she put out is polarizing because a lot of fans don't care for it which is perfectly understandable given its low quality. Not everything needs to be viewed as a personal insult or an attack on Madonna. When she puts out something its unfair to expect everyone to like it and then insulting those who voice their opinions with rude labels in a thread literally dedicated to discussing the topic. Elton Johns collaboration with Britney Spears was shit in my opinion, does that mean I hate everything either of these artists have ever put out? Do some of you actually think about what you comment beforehand because it sounds very very dumb.

22 minutes ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

As I said before, this narrative that this forum is just full of haters who want to criticize everything she does is just not accurate even if some people go too far in what they say sometimes because Madonna fans are passionate. Her recent pride performance was very well received in here along with things like the Elton John Your Song cover and her q&a. Nobody is being ageist or opposed to her working with artists of color, its just that this video for the remix she put out is polarizing because a lot of fans don't care for it which is perfectly understandable given its low quality. Not everything needs to be viewed as a personal insult or an attack on Madonna. When she puts out something its unfair to expect everyone to like it and then insulting those who voice their opinions with rude labels in a thread literally dedicated to discussing the topic. Elton Johns collaboration with Britney Spears was shit in my opinion, does that mean I hate everything either of these artists have ever put out? Do some of you actually think about what you comment beforehand because it sounds very very dumb.

I love that post. We must understand Madonna as a public persona, her style, her choices, her work all of that have changed drastically. So it is expected that most of people who loved who she was before 1) dislike the new persona and her professional choices as she seems another totally diferent person and artist 2) are in pain cause who she was meant A LOT to them. So all the controversy is expected. I even think she knows she can´t deliver as she did in the past and she is not happy with it, and so she deliberately disguises it all as if all is because she wants to pisses us of and the media and general public as if it was  not more behind it. 

I agree, despite it all, sometimes we are quite negative and that we must accept that the diva of yesterday is not here anymore and move on, and maybe enjoy some of the latest things. I liked the new video asnwering questions, but she was such a inspiration for me before, and now I dislike so much what I see. It´s like suddenly she likes ugly things all over. But, well, it´s her life, it´s her right.

6 hours ago, Simonsays said:

If he thinks the madonna and toshika video is bad he should watch toshikas other videos lol - they are all in this style some ..this is not madonna making the video this is madonna wanting to be part of a video like toshikas videos - it prob would be classed as a bad madonna video if it was like a official video from a new album or something as its cheap but for a little side project its not as horrific as some are making out - offensive yes but thats madonna 

Yes some people don’t understand the aesthetic and they label it as trash.

Just like people called the sex book smut and trash. And before everyone freaks out. No I’m not comparing this to the sex book.

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes some people don’t understand the aesthetic and they label it as trash.

If people don't understand the aesthetic, how come you have a problem with it being labeled as trash? Those of us who just don't understand the profound meaning behind the video need this knowledge imparted into our minds:laughing:

So Good Yes GIF by ABC Network

16 hours ago, Simonsays said:

i have and its not on the same level as it is in madonna forums and social media because she is not offensive and does not rock the boat - i dont know what the hell a kylie fan would have to complain about - she basically is a slave to them - madonna changes direction musically causing fans to get angry at her - i dont think for a second madonna thought her fans would love trap music etc but she does it anyway and even though i believe it hurts her in terms of popularity - she still goes ahead and does it and isnt that what a true artist should do ?

I thought you said you were putting me on ignore 

8 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

If people don't understand the aesthetic, how come you have a problem with it being labeled as trash? Those of us who just don't understand the profound meaning behind the video need this knowledge imparted into our minds:laughing:

So Good Yes GIF by ABC Network

Well because it’s one thing to say I don’t understand this, or it’s not for me etc. And it’s another to dismiss and insult a piece of art due to ignorance or unfamiliarity. 
I never said or implied there’s any deep meaning behind this video. Or that it’s some magnum opus of her career. 
It’s meant to look like it does on purpose. And one of the most unflattering things she can do for her appearance is bleach her eyebrows and match them with a nude makeup. But she did it anyway to create a persona for it. 
Her fans should know better. And appreciate she’s still going out of her comfort zone and puts out new engaging things. Even if they’re not targeted to white middle aged gay men.

27 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

I thought i did , it must have been one of the others ..oh well you know what to do darling xx 

What's funny is your need to make duplicate accounts on this forum and other Madonna forums when you're repeatedly ban for constanly instigating and antagonizing fights with other people. Beautifulkiller, Neutrocks, Amelia, Liam, Marxus whoever you are. :laughing:

• RUADJAI locked and unpinned this topic