OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈

deathproof

Are they planning the RECYCLE & REHASH game? If this is the level of the album reissues, we can expect as bonus 2022 remastered already released remixes and edits on 10 vinyl colour variants and that's it. I wonder what they are hoping to obtain this way.

Now, the Erotica pdk has a "myht" value ; FEL has a concept (even if could offer many more gems ); this has really NO SENSE.

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

@shakeyerdix how about instead of being rude to brendon you offer us your art instead so we can critique and tell you how bad it is?

I'm not graphist, I'm not visual artist either. This doesn't forbid me to appreciate or dislike. And when I see the beauty of the photos & artworks of sleeves like Erotica, ROL, American life, LAV and I don't even mention the singles... I'm feel disgusted when I see the Instagram black and white picture with pastel pencil imitation of Basquiat amazing work in early 80's... I'm sorry but I'm out of my nerves. Same for work of art the wonderful Aldo Diaz did... Like the Ghost town on most of all the ...wonderful BIM cover sleeve... God ! Madonna and most of all Madonna's team have tastes that I'd call extremely bad taste. According to my simple little opinion.

And there are dozens of amazing and iconic record sleeves around...

(and same for Mr. Brainwash I hated... basic imitation of a poor Warhol... his artworks looks like poor frame poster you can buy in tourism shops or ready to frame Ikea stuffs....). Once we had the amazing Immaculate collection artwork that was just legendary and so funny.

Well, so is the DANCETERIA thing off ??

And then we only got a reissue of Everybody 12" without anything new on it ?

At least the sleeve is absolutely gorgeous (well the orignal Everybody font doesn't really work with b&w pic). But where are the die-hard-fans things we dream of... The 12" remix and dub of Everybody ?? That are not that good by the way compared to the You can dance remix which is so so much better...

28 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Great picture but the cover doesn’t really work. A little bit of a let down, what happened to Dancetaria? 

I think that’s what I’m most disappointed about at the end of the day. I really don’t mind these standard reissues of past singles, but the artwork is quite lazy. They just slapped the logo on a photo. The logo treatment could have even been positioned in a better way.

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I think that’s what I’m most disappointed about at the end of the day. I really don’t mind these standard reissues of past singles, but the artwork is quite lazy. They just slapped the logo on a photo. The logo treatment could have even been positioned in a better way.

Yes, at least reproduce the original seize of the logo because it doesn’t really work so small. 

1 hour ago, aitorelao said:

This is so disappointing. Is this the level of releases we should expect for the entire campaign ? 

I mean. Look at the celebratory releases by Kylie Minogue, Blondie, or the amazing box sets by Garbage…

It is unbelievable to see a major entertainer with such a relevant and impactful body of work getting such a lame treatment by her team. 

1 minute ago, thiagosb said:

This is so disappointing. Is this the level of releases we should expect for the entire campaign ? 

I mean. Look at the celebratory releases by Kylie Minogue, Blondie, or the amazing box sets by Garbage…

It is unbelievable to see a major entertainer with such a relevant and impactful body of work getting such a lame treatment by her team. 

Well Kyle is going to release IP with the same tracklist. The Fever anniversary vinyl had the same tracklist and nothing more. It’s the same, only the SAW albums were released with deluxe boxset (with NOTHING new though). 

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Well Kyle is going to release IP with the same tracklist. The Fever anniversary vinyl had the same tracklist and nothing more. It’s the same, only the SAW albums were released with deluxe boxset (with NOTHING new though). 

probably you are right. 

but look at these gorgeous releases 😍

DB3C4CAB-F40A-4F34-B0C7-BD7AA617141C.jpeg

CB2A78BE-557A-40F7-A7E0-333ADE96C1C2.jpeg

• deathproof changed the title to OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unfeatured this topic