OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈

deathproof

Just now, wtg1987 said:

If M spent less time hanging with teenagers making trash videos to crap remixes like frozen and hung up and more time on this campaign I would get more excited - sorry but I can’t get excited for a format I have no use for ( vinyl ) for songs I’ve had for decades - didn’t the article from last month mention unreleased songs fans would die for ? You know the one where she was all over young guys for a change and being photoshopped to death 😴

So... should we kids get off your lawn?

I was surprised to get something called Danceteria for RSD since usually those releases are just exclusive reissues of stuff that’s already out there.

We’re probably getting this for RSD and a wide release of something more exclusive. It’s hard for me to believe that they’re commemorating her first single with only this skinny release

34 minutes ago, deathproof said:

When has that been the case for Madonna tho?

Also, we are allowed to express our disappointment. If this RSD release happened before the Warner deal announcement, there wouldn’t be as much disappointment.

At this point in time, the majority of her fans are waiting on an announcement as to what the first album expanded re-release will be. That’s all. That was the highlight and main sell from the partnership. We’ve been told multiple times “learn more around the time of Madonna’s 40th anniversary,” we are still waiting. But like a I said the other day, we are starving 😁

Bitch I know! I'm the first being impatient af and I want an announcement at least, I can't care less about single vinyls reprints and stuff like this. I was just tryna saying that at least these boring reprints are bones they're throwing to starving fans and not the actual *big* reissues, I'm still mad nothing is coming, I'm just not expecting the reissues to be this rehearsed basically

1 hour ago, thiagosb said:

probably you are right. 

but look at these gorgeous releases 😍

DB3C4CAB-F40A-4F34-B0C7-BD7AA617141C.jpeg

CB2A78BE-557A-40F7-A7E0-333ADE96C1C2.jpeg

I'm sure that this is what we will end up getting...when it's time to reissue the albums.  Actually, these aren't really that far removed from the colored vinyl reissues we've been getting, I would expect the reissues to be better and have more than these.

I really think that some fans need to lower their expectations for the Record Store Day releases.  I mean, we've had how many now?  And, with the exception of I Rise, they are all just straight reissues on colored vinyl, or with a new cover, or a couple of the 12"s mixed together (Who's That Girl).  It probably wouldn't serve her interests, or really even the interests of the fans, to release some super cool unreleased music for Record Store Day, since the idea of these releases are generally to put out a nice, niche product for indie/vinyl fans and she needs the rare stuff to drive sales of the actual large scale reissues.  Would you rather see her do a super limited box set for RSD that only a few people are able to get, or a nice big box set released to the wider public that could actually make an impact on the charts and in the public consciousness?

And on a side note, why do people think that they're going to do these album reissues in non-chronological order?  It would make absolutely zero sense to release these randomly.  If she's going to reissue her entire catalog, it only makes sense for her to do them in the order they were released.  I've seen people suggest that she'll start with Erotica or Hard Candy, and it's just...no?  Why would she do that?

I got a bit of shit for saying I was happy for the people that were into FEL, but that I already had all of the material in some form or another. I understand certain edits have never been commercially/digitally released but it's not enough for me personally to purchase it. It's like catering to the crowd who needs all 150 versions of the same magazine cover from around the world. I've never been one of those collectors. There's gotta be something I haven't heard before for me to get hyped.

2 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

And on a side note, why do people think that they're going to do these album reissues in non-chronological order?  It would make absolutely zero sense to release these randomly.  If she's going to reissue her entire catalog, it only makes sense for her to do them in the order they were released.  I've seen people suggest that she'll start with Erotica or Hard Candy, and it's just...no?  Why would she do that?

Prince didn’t do that

Just now, jacques said:

On the UK Record Store Day website, Danceteria is listed, under the name "Lisa Powerhouse" with a similar press release to the Everybody one, and the Everybody cover art... interesting but odd - https://recordstoreday.co.uk/rsd-black-friday/lisa-powerhouse/

at least it lists the tracklist and timings !

Tracklist:

Side A:

Danceteria (12” Version – 2022 Remaster) – 5:56

Side B:

Danceteria (Dub Version – 2022 Remaster) – 9:23

1 minute ago, jacques said:

On the UK Record Store Day website, Danceteria is listed, under the name "Lisa Powerhouse" with a similar press release to the Everybody one, and the Everybody cover art... interesting but odd - https://recordstoreday.co.uk/rsd-black-friday/lisa-powerhouse/

The cover looks better positioned like this lololol

but who is Lisa Powerhouse? I can’t find anything on her….

18 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

If M spent less time hanging with teenagers making trash videos to crap remixes like frozen and hung up and more time on this campaign I would get more excited - sorry but I can’t get excited for a format I have no use for ( vinyl ) for songs I’ve had for decades - didn’t the article from last month mention unreleased songs fans would die for ? You know the one where she was all over young guys for a change and being photoshopped to death 😴

Please, if an official text / article / press release with the explicit mention of UNRELEASED SONGS exists, post here. I'm starting doubting I've misunderstood all this thing. :pray: Thanks

3 minutes ago, jacques said:

The cover looks so much better “upside down”! 

6 minutes ago, MisterMistere said:

Please, if an official text / article / press release with the explicit mention of UNRELEASED SONGS exists, post here. I'm starting doubting I've misunderstood all this thing. :pray: Thanks

Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

https://www.papermag.com/madonna-cover-2657875747.html?rebelltitem=85#rebelltitem85

Disappointing to say the least. I guess they hid it on databases as Lisa Powerhouse (WTF) and "Danceteria" for it to be a surprise. Well, it is a surprise: of how LAZY it all is.

We got a new cover wooooo.

lisa-powerhouse-aka-madonna_everybody_40

(That looks amazing, to be fair).

I hope at least the "2022 Remastered" tags on this and the "Erotica" picture disc means these releases will end up on streaming and digital too, at least that will be something. The "Erotica" Instrumental and the Dub of "Everybody" are not on streaming - plus the rest is remastered.

Emily: time to step up your game, please. Love.

• deathproof changed the title to OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unfeatured this topic