OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈

deathproof

About the Garbage reissues: the debut album reissue is very bad ! It's a 2cd thing: 1st is the album, 2nd some bsides. No remixes at all. And they were A LOT at the time ! They released the remixes only on digital. It's a very, very huge disappoiintment ! 2nd album reissue lacks many remixes, too ! another disappointment. 2rd album they quite got it right.

How disappointing, Danceteria seemed like it was going to be such a treat. Not sure why they're so confident that 10,000 copies are required. I thought these special releases were supposed to be a treat, this is just so underwhelming. Let's see the price tag, if it's less than £10 I'll be a little happier, it won't be though.

1 hour ago, MisterMistere said:

you may be right, but we are talking of a special unique event. 40° anniversary is something that will never repeat. Fans are abit irritated, this we can understand. We know what other important artists do for their fans community. These releases clearly say: "you will never get the kind of stuff you desire".

What were you expecting, exactly?  I know a lot of people are moaning that it's not the Sire demo or whatever, but let's think about this logically here.  We know that the plan for each album reissue is to make them into box sets with rarities and unreleased tracks.  Now, pretty much anybody knows that, especially for the first album, it's not like she recorded a ton of songs and narrowed them down into an album.  She more or less had 9 songs, with "Ain't No Big Deal" being the leftover.  Which means that there probably isn't a ton of material for the first album that hasn't been released, just some alternate versions of the songs on the record, the unreleased versions of "Ain't No Big Deal", a couple live performances, and the Sire demo.  So she's being smart in not releasing a quarter of that stuff early for a niche Record Store Day release, when she needs material to drive the reissues.   And really, as far as things go, the reissues campaign has been pretty good to us so far.  We got the Who's That Girl/Causing a Commotion 12", which has never been released in that particular format before, a brand new hand-curated 50 track remix album containing some pretty rare/unreleased versions, a re-issue of an ultra rare and ridiculously expensive picture disc that has been absolutely unattainable for most collectors until now, and now we're getting a 40th anniversary reissue of her first single with a new cover.  Is it the best thing ever?  Nope.  Is it something different and interesting and limited edition, something that fits into the anniversary/reissue celebration?  Sure is.  And honestly, for as cool as it can be to have something super limited edition, I'm getting tired of having to hope and pray that I both have the funds and the luck to be able to be able to buy some of this stuff, cuz the purchase window is insane on a lot of the releases.  I missed out on the Broken 12" and the light blue Madame X, and I'll probably never own them because those fuckers disappeared with a quickness, and the price on them are astronomical.  Even though the biggest focus of my physical collection is colored vinyl, I'm pretty confident that I will always have those as holes in my collection because "limited edition".  So if there's stuff I might miss, I'd much rather it be a 12" that I already own the music on than to have something that I don't already have and then can't get because it's limited/scalpers.  And just check eBay for the prices of the Finally Enough Love box of you don't know what I'm talking about.

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

Imagine the money they would make if they put out a reissue with Warning Signs. They could charge like $200 for one LP and all the records would sell :drama:

But do you want a $200 record with just Warning Signs?  Or would you rather have it as part of a $150 box set with a bunch of other cool stuff?  

1 hour ago, MisterMistere said:

Sure, so there was no point of doing a MEGA press release intentionally allusive ("surprises", "special editions", "expanded", "Madonna personally curating..."). 

She has released one (1) full album so far, and it's a brand new collection.  I'm sure we will begin seeing rarities and surprises when she actually, you know, releases the expanded versions of the albums.

1 minute ago, momosfantasy said:

What were you expecting, exactly?  I know a lot of people are moaning that it's not the Sire demo or whatever, but let's think about this logically here.  We know that the plan for each album reissue is to make them into box sets with rarities and unreleased tracks.  Now, pretty much anybody knows that, especially for the first album, it's not like she recorded a ton of songs and narrowed them down into an album.  She more or less had 9 songs, with "Ain't No Big Deal" being the leftover.  Which means that there probably isn't a ton of material for the first album that hasn't been released, just some alternate versions of the songs on the record, the unreleased versions of "Ain't No Big Deal", a couple live performances, and the Sire demo.  So she's being smart in not releasing a quarter of that stuff early for a niche Record Store Day release, when she needs material to drive the reissues.   And really, as far as things go, the reissues campaign has been pretty good to us so far.  We got the Who's That Girl/Causing a Commotion 12", which has never been released in that particular format before, a brand new hand-curated 50 track remix album containing some pretty rare/unreleased versions, a re-issue of an ultra rare and ridiculously expensive picture disc that has been absolutely unattainable for most collectors until now, and now we're getting a 40th anniversary reissue of her first single with a new cover.  Is it the best thing ever?  Nope.  Is it something different and interesting and limited edition, something that fits into the anniversary/reissue celebration?  Sure is.  And honestly, for as cool as it can be to have something super limited edition, I'm getting tired of having to hope and pray that I both have the funds and the luck to be able to be able to buy some of this stuff, cuz the purchase window is insane on a lot of the releases.  I missed out on the Broken 12" and the light blue Madame X, and I'll probably never own them because those fuckers disappeared with a quickness, and the price on them are astronomical.  Even though the biggest focus of my physical collection is colored vinyl, I'm pretty confident that I will always have those as holes in my collection because "limited edition".  So if there's stuff I might miss, I'd much rather it be a 12" that I already own the music on than to have something that I don't already have and then can't get because it's limited/scalpers.  And just check eBay for the prices of the Finally Enough Love box of you don't know what I'm talking about.

All that I know till now is that we spent so much money and we got no REAL TREAT since 2021. And when I say those words, anyone knows what I mean. I'm sure there were 2 better tracks in the vaults than the same mixes lastly released in 2019 on the Japan ep . We are talking about a special / treat-ish release campaign, at least it was advertised this way. And here I see 90% of disappointment reactions. This means something?

2 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

But do you want a $200 record with just Warning Signs?  Or would you rather have it as part of a $150 box set with a bunch of other cool stuff?  

Are these box sets with a bunch of other cool stuff with rarities and unreleased tracks really happening? 

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

Ah right so when they’re coming 😭😭😭😭

It's not she's going to drop them all a week apart from one another.  She JUST released Finally Enough Love, she's gonna wait for awhile before the next one so 1) the market isn't oversaturated, 2) each release has a chance to sell through before the next one.  I can't imagine that she is going to do more than 2 a year at the very most, and even that might be rushing through the catalogue.  People really need to learn patience with this stuff.  This year alone we are getting the Who's That Girl 12", the 6 LP Finally Enough Love box, 2 LP versions of FEL in red, clear, silver (probably black and not sure how many other colors), the Erotica picture disc, and the Everybody reissue.  I mean, I don't know about everyone else, but I have bills to pay too, I can't just drop $200 every other week cuz some people wanna be impatient.  Plus, come on people, get out of the now-now-now mindset!  Enjoy this time, we have TONS of new material coming out over the next few years now, savor these releases, look forward to the next ones.  Part of the fun of following and collecting an artist like M is the anticipation and the speculation!  To give a crude analogy, sure, it can be great to find some hot dude at a club and just go bang one out, but it can also be just as fun and even more satisfying to flirt across the bar for awhile before taking them home and slowly taking their clothes off, you know?

52 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

https://www.papermag.com/madonna-cover-2657875747.html?rebelltitem=85#rebelltitem85

This is something more concrete, at least. I wait to be surprised, anyway. I'm still all for it. Thanks ;)

2 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

It's not she's going to drop them all a week apart from one another.  She JUST released Finally Enough Love, she's gonna wait for awhile before the next one so 1) the market isn't oversaturated, 2) each release has a chance to sell through before the next one.  I can't imagine that she is going to do more than 2 a year at the very most, and even that might be rushing through the catalogue.  People really need to learn patience with this stuff.  This year alone we are getting the Who's That Girl 12", the 6 LP Finally Enough Love box, 2 LP versions of FEL in red, clear, silver (probably black and not sure how many other colors), the Erotica picture disc, and the Everybody reissue.  I mean, I don't know about everyone else, but I have bills to pay too, I can't just drop $200 every other week cuz some people wanna be impatient.  Plus, come on people, get out of the now-now-now mindset!  Enjoy this time, we have TONS of new material coming out over the next few years now, savor these releases, look forward to the next ones.  Part of the fun of following and collecting an artist like M is the anticipation and the speculation!  To give a crude analogy, sure, it can be great to find some hot dude at a club and just go bang one out, but it can also be just as fun and even more satisfying to flirt across the bar for awhile before taking them home and slowly taking their clothes off, you know?

I think it's already been acknowledged that all the reissues are being released over an 18 month period, I might be wrong but I'm sure that's been mentioned a few times over the past year now.

22 minutes ago, MisterMistere said:

All that I know till now is that we spent so much money and we got no REAL TREAT since 2021. And when I say those words, anyone knows what I mean. I'm sure there were 2 better tracks in the vaults than the same mixes lastly released in 2019 on the Japan ep . We are talking about a special / treat-ish release campaign, at least it was advertised this way. And here I see 90% of disappointment reactions. This means something?

Yeah, it means that people are deluded enough to think she's gonna drop her load on a RSD limited vinyl release instead of cashing in on a mass-retail box set.  Look, there's nothing wrong with dreaming big, but the record store day releases have pretty much been following the same type of formula insofar as being a single or EP of previously released material either on colored vinyl or with an alternate cover.  At no point has there been unreleased or even particularly rare music released on any of them, so I'm not really sure why anyone would think this would be different, especially since she needs to save the first albums unreleased stuff for that release.  Remember, for her first album, nobody was giving her tons of studio time to do a ton of different songs that she could then decide to narrow down.  She was a complete unknown at that point, I really, truly don't think that there's a ton of stuff waiting to be unleashed for that album, so she's going to save whatever we haven't heard to drive the sales of that box set.  Also, those 90% of disappointed reactions tend to be from the same 5 or 10 people making the same complaints over and over and over again.

23 hours ago, Brendonshayart said:

Can’t wait!!!! 

17DF84DE-C2C0-4865-971A-F5D00C28F0D1.jpeg

Absolutely love your work and the pic is so old school everything when life wasn't so serious.  After a decade or more of all those talent shows so many people feel the need to critique, comment and rip down everything.  Its sooooo boring.   Lighten up world

• deathproof changed the title to OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unfeatured this topic