OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈

deathproof

3 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

Yeah, it means that people are deluded enough to think she's gonna drop her load on a RSD limited vinyl release instead of cashing in on a mass-retail box set.  Look, there's nothing wrong with dreaming big, but the record store day releases have pretty much been following the same type of formula insofar as being a single or EP of previously released material either on colored vinyl or with an alternate cover.  At no point has there been unreleased or even particularly rare music released on any of them, so I'm not really sure why anyone would think this would be different, especially since she needs to save the first albums unreleased stuff for that release.  Remember, for her first album, nobody was giving her tons of studio time to do a ton of different songs that she could then decide to narrow down.  She was a complete unknown at that point, I really, truly don't think that there's a ton of stuff waiting to be unleashed for that album, so she's going to save whatever we haven't heard to drive the sales of that box set.  Also, those 90% of disappointed reactions tend to be from the same 5 or 10 people making the same complaints over and over and over again.

I mean I think they were largely excited then disappointed because somewhat somewhere labeled this as Danceteria...

The problem is not the content, it's that awful new cover. The name and title are even blurred, meaning they"ve been enlarged from lower quality source to fit the pic which must come from a HD transfer. They should have just used the original artwork, it is iconic in its own right.

The Who's That Girl release had also a cheap picture transfer. The deluxe FEL cover is ugly (i mean that Celebration like background and reflexion on the glasses). They could have used that lame pic (there are better pics of Madonna from 1982 though) on the inner sleeve to differentiate it from the original. It's so, so...altavista, late 90's early 00's internet (and not in a good way). It reminds me of some awful fanmade covers frm Blogspot back in the day.

3 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

I cant even bring myself to read all the comments after a couple of them.

Guys its RSD.  Sheesh. 

Its not a place to release your new anniversary boxsets.  The general public dont even know about it. 

Its just a gift to fans of very very very limited runs.  Things would never get made normally cause they have very little commercial value.  So many artists you mention don't even contribute to it.

If you have followed the releases from her on this day,  None of them have been a big releases. 

We just got  a huge release from her only few weeks ago with FEL. Boxsets, many different vinyls, slipmats etc. Its done so well.  latest compilations from Nicki Minaj, Shania twain etc have barely scrapped top 40 in most countries.

Give the girl a break. If you don't like it.  Don't buy it.  Simple.  Shes hardly lost the plot due to a record store day release. Let the fans who look forward to these little gifts freakin Enjoy It.

I hoping one day she does the spanish 12 inch of Burning Up.  So hard to find in mint.

Again, it's mostly because it was labeled Danceteria before the release was confirmed. I don't know how you could blame people for being disappointed that it's nothing new when it seemed like it would be.

23 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

I think it's already been acknowledged that all the reissues are being released over an 18 month period, I might be wrong but I'm sure that's been mentioned a few times over the past year now.

From superdeluxeedition,  who I'm assuming are quoting from the original press release:  Madonna and Warner Music Group have announced a career-spanning partnership that will see a “multi-year catalog series” to launch next year which also happens to be the 40th anniversary of Madonna’s first single, ‘Everybody’.  

Sorry, I couldn't find the initial announcement.  It would only make sense to spread these out a bit to be able to promote each one individually, plus possibly release new singles and all that.  

16 hours ago, diesel6888 said:

unfortunatley not gonna happen clue is in the title RECORD store day ;-) Im sure digotal rips will appear online and you can make a CD?

I was just saying I'm a CD guy as the other person, wasn't expecting a CD in this release. Just really happy so many things are being released :heart:

14 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

From superdeluxeedition,  who I'm assuming are quoting from the original press release:  Madonna and Warner Music Group have announced a career-spanning partnership that will see a “multi-year catalog series” to launch next year which also happens to be the 40th anniversary of Madonna’s first single, ‘Everybody’.  

Sorry, I couldn't find the initial announcement.  It would only make sense to spread these out a bit to be able to promote each one individually, plus possibly release new singles and all that.  

Think it was Gregvsmatt who mentioned it last week and he seems to be in the know more than most. This series isn't just going to be a limited run, these will replace the standard editions in the shops for years to come, plenty of artists reissue their entire back catalogue in one go. I imagine Madonna's will be no different, limited editions aside there's no reason to drag it out.

Even this fanmade one was better and not very far removed from this official one which is the problem, how come such amateur job end up being picked ? Even Aldo diaz tries to at least work on the pic. 

https://madonnafanmadecovers.blogspot.com/2020/06/everybody.html

Everybody by Stephanie 2.jpg

41 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

I mean I think they were largely excited then disappointed because somewhat somewhere labeled this as Danceteria...

I get it, it's not the most inspired release.  But people are acting like we've been waiting for ages to hear specifically about this release, and holding it up to other artists full album reissues.  Some people are even starting to question if this is what the entire reissue campaign is going to be like, and I just want them to take a Valium and a much needed vacation.

3 hours ago, thiagosb said:

This is so disappointing. Is this the level of releases we should expect for the entire campaign ? 

I mean. Look at the celebratory releases by Kylie Minogue, Blondie, or the amazing box sets by Garbage…

It is unbelievable to see a major entertainer with such a relevant and impactful body of work getting such a lame treatment by her team. 

Maybe she’s the reason… 

2 hours ago, jacques said:

On the UK Record Store Day website, Danceteria is listed, under the name "Lisa Powerhouse" with a similar press release to the Everybody one, and the Everybody cover art... interesting but odd - https://recordstoreday.co.uk/rsd-black-friday/lisa-powerhouse/

WHO THE F IS LISA???? 🥲

We have been trolled. We saw the Danceteria name yesterday and make dreams without nothing. They just slap in our faces. That's it. Anybody recall that it's RSD and it's not place to release something special like the sire demo. If the danceteria would have been released, it would be worth more than a re-release boxset for collectors, and it would have taken from new material for the real limited edition. Or worst, get the same.versions in the boxset and anybody buying it.

• deathproof changed the title to OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unfeatured this topic