OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈

deathproof

37 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

So you would be just happy with colored reissues on vinyls like Mariah did? Because aside from the unreleased album collection everything she released was already available. No expanded albums, and still waiting for Glitter on vinyl. 

I would be but I'm not hard to please. I'm just a physical format addict. I really don't expect much by way of unreleased stuff by Madonna.  I mean those of us like myself who are suckers for the same stuff reissued and over and over will keep buying.. the music company knows this, they see it in their sales. Regurgitate til people don't buy then maybe just maybe release unheard things. Or wait til she passes away some day. I hope I am wrong 

Speaking of Glitter  I have 2 copies of the vinyl but I hold on to hope she will have it reissued someday

mariah carey smiling GIF

Everyone thinking we're getting M's demo tape from Seymour Stein's sock drawer and we get a new Mariah forum instead.

One of the few vinyl singles I ever bought was the Honey remixes specifically for the Morales Club Dub. It's called a dub but it's a fully re-recorded vocal and it's insane.

P.S. The Steve Silk Hurley Mix of "Everybody" has always been one of my faves. Simple but effective. Would love an official release of that.

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Even this fanmade one was better and not very far removed from this official one which is the problem, how come such amateur job end up being picked ? Even Aldo diaz tries to at least work on the pic. 

https://madonnafanmadecovers.blogspot.com/2020/06/everybody.html

Everybody by Stephanie 2.jpg

Except that photo was M in London, months after the USA single release

Actually "Danceteria" would be an amazing album title for a new Madonna album. Makes so much sense, this is where it all started, the place where she danced nights after nights, the place Where good music was playing, the place where her first yrack has been played for the first time. She even could have called her new dance remixes compilation "Danceteria" instead of FEL. Anyway she's gotta use that title at some point, obviously !

4 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

FEL was based, I think, more on the fact that IDSIF was recently named her 50th #1 on the dance chart.  It makes sense for that to be released as a dual purpose kinda thing--a celebration of the recent 50 milestone, and as an intro the the reissues project.  I agree it's not the most exciting thing, but it's a decent way of saying, "Hey, remember all these awesome songs I've put out?  Well there's more where that came from".  And, yes, she probably means #soon.  But really, think about it.  She decides to do the reissues.  So they announce it, knowing there's a year till it really becomes the 40th.  In the meantime, there's that milestone, so they do WTG on record store day, with FEL shortly after.  Instead of letting the 30th anniversary of Erotica go unnoticed, they rerelease an ultra rare picture disc, with the knowledge that they can save all the rare and unreleased stuff later with that albums reissue.  Then, to get the ball rolling, here's a low key Everybody.  Nothing new, so they can keep the rare stuff, a new cover so people who are into that sort of thing can get excited, pretty easy to skip if not.  I just think it's kinda disingenuous to get upset and disappointed in the whole process already, when it's only been about 10 months since the initial announcement of the reissues, and in that time alone we're getting 3 special 12" releases, as well as a multi-disc remix album.  All before the first real reissue.  It's just really crazy to me the levels of meltdown in the face of that.  I'm impatient too, but FFS, ya know?

Minor detail, but it's been over a year, not 10 months.

Also, again I'm not criticizing the item itself, just that it was posted erroneously and therefore there was a (very reasonable) expectation that this would be something exciting, since she has never released anything called Danceteria. Of course people are going to be disappointed and rant about it for a bit.

Is Madonna now gonna be the Piere Cardin of pop music? Just slab your name on any low quality product? I ran accross the who's that girl release from last year in a record store, but it looked so incredibly bootleg cheap I refuse to accept it as official :lol: I thought the true blue aniversay cover was sacriledge but this is another level of meh. I do think the Erotica release is cute though. Most of the target group are Madonna fans of lore so it is wise to tap into their memory as well and maybe release discarded covers or promo ones, not these fanmade crappy ones.

For next RSD why not release 12"ers+2, that was an incredible release that never happened, but I warn you Rhino, I want you to invest in someone who can sharpen the images and graphics, none of the re releases so far on vinyl come even close to the original quality, which with todays possibilities is a bit lazy

The Erotica picture disc, while not my thing is a good collectors item. The Who’s That Girl one at least brought a new track list and something unique for collectors.

This Everybody 12” is just taking the piss and milking the compulsive collector fans. Only a completist would want this 12.”

This release is pointless as pointeless are all RSD releases. Were the japanese eps from the past worth it? You can still buy the original sfor cheap. Wa You Can Dance red vinyl pointelss? Probably yes, like most of this stuff for RSD or color variants in general releases. It's called collecting. 

I'm the first one that said this was a let know, but don't make a tragedy about it. i'ts not. 

Well, maybe after the Danceteria expectations, we're a bit disappoiinted, but that MAriah deluxe isn't that good at all ! The rumored 8 tracks are 1 duet already out, 1 Brandy duet, 2 new remixes (Sony and new remixes... they never learn from Michael Jackson) and a couple of live tracks. It could have been a great reissue, there are tons of remixes and edits (all remastered for #MC30), but it's just that (there's a rumored 4 vinyl edition with 12 remixes ! ) . And it's not clear if this is gonna be released in cd, too.

I don't like those Queen vs Queen talkings, tho'

• Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unfeatured this topic