OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈

deathproof

5 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Did the original press release for the reissue campaign say album re-releases or just special releases like what we are getting now? Have we all just assumed we are getting box sets with demos? If so we are setting ourselves up for disappointment 😭

"For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. The series of releases will be overseen by Warner Music’s catalog team, led by Kevin Gore, President of Global Catalog,

Guy Oseary said: “Over the past 30 years, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with many of Madonna’s incredible fans, and this new partnership will bring to fruition what so many of them have been patiently waiting for: a celebration of her groundbreaking catalogue. My partner Sara Zambreno and I are working closely with Warner Music Group to bring new life to these iconic works.”

The words UNRELEASED and DEMOS are not there, and I start thinking - on purpose.

1 minute ago, Glassy24 said:

Unreleased for Madonna album:

-Lucky Star "New" Mix - Early Fadeout
-Borderline (Dub Edit)
-Everybody (You Can Dance Edit)

:hearteyes:

They can add so many pre-Madonna tracks that didn’t make the album tho. Anytime I hear “oh there are no scrapped demos for that album” that has to be a bold faced lie. People, especially her, don’t just make the songs that make the album. There are definitely outtakes for Madonna, LAV, and True Blue that we don’t know about

6 minutes ago, Shoful said:

“This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.“

”Personally curate DELUXE editions for MANY OF HER LANDMARK ALBUMS” 

This phrasing implies they would  be expanded album reissues

Yes, but one can expand an edition with any kind of stuff... that does not say EXPANDED WITH UNHEARD, EXCLUSIVE, PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL. For what we've seen till now, they could all be "2022 REMASTERS".

Just now, Shoful said:

They can add so many pre-Madonna tracks that didn’t make the album tho. Anytime I hear “oh there are no scrapped demos for that album” that has to be a bold faced lie. People, especially her, don’t just make the songs that make the album. There are definitely outtakes for Madonna, LAV, and True Blue that we don’t know about

Sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from crying.

:kitty:

1 minute ago, MisterMistere said:

Yes, but one can expand an edition with any kind of stuff... that does not say EXPANDED WITH UNHEARD, EXCLUSIVE, PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL. For what we've seen till now, they could all be "2022 REMASTERS".

That could be the truth and I think everyone has known that…. But what would be the point. I refuse to believe they would do this mega partnership just to have Mike Dean remaster tracks from 40 years ago. That aint gonna cut it

Just now, Shoful said:

That could be the truth and I think everyone has known that…. But what would be the point. I refuse to believe they would do this mega partnership just to have Mike Dean remaster tracks from 40 years ago. That aint gonna cut it

Who else can remaster mp3 files other than Mike Dean? Worth the partnership for that experience alone!

R.417e00b34de13fcd3782a2df6c525255?rik=%

It's so fucking ugly, it's hilarious and sad. 

Who's gonna buy that crap ? Buy the original, the cover is iconic...not this Getty images with a logo slapped on thing image.thumb.png.9f9f4d5ed9c5319fa1b9605dbc66fa29.png

gettyimages-162848173-2048x2048.jpg

I have zero expectations for the remastered albums. I don't like FEL (she chose her worst remixes, discs 3&4 are not even good enough for trash and the deluxe version artwork is just lame). Now this. 

There is material from the 1st album, especially the demo versions of the songs she co-wrote & co-produced with Bray

Just now, Shoful said:

I don't know what to think now. This campaign thing is going on since last spring. They are playing with remasters, new covers, re-titled stuff. We haven't tasted ANYTHING till now. Hope I'm wrong tho... no pleasure in being right...

2 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

This release would have been better with the Egan mixes. Maybe they’re saving the expanded albums for when the movie is released? For now we get anniversary releases. I still think the Erotica PD is a really good release and FEL was good. 

So in 2-3 years from now?

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

just reprints with (badly edited) new fancy covers LOL. 

When has that been the case for Madonna tho?

Also, we are allowed to express our disappointment. If this RSD release happened before the Warner deal announcement, there wouldn’t be as much disappointment.

At this point in time, the majority of her fans are waiting on an announcement as to what the first album expanded re-release will be. That’s all. That was the highlight and main sell from the partnership. We’ve been told multiple times “learn more around the time of Madonna’s 40th anniversary,” we are still waiting. But like a I said the other day, we are starving 😁

1 hour ago, shakeyerdix said:

But where are the die-hard-fans things we dream of... The 12" remix and dub of Everybody ?? That are not that good by the way compared to the You can dance remix which is so so much better...

It's the 40th anniversary of the original Everybody 12",  not the 40th anniversary of You Can Dance, which just got released a couple years ago, not to mention the fact that that same remix was literally just released on Finally Enough Love.

I just can't with some fans.  Do y'all really expect her to release the First Album boxset for Record Store Day?

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

When has that been the case for Madonna tho?

Also, we are allowed to express our disappointment. If this RSD release happened before the Warner deal announcement, there wouldn’t be as much disappointment.

At this point in time, the majority of her fans are waiting on an announcement as to what the first album expanded re-release will be. That’s all. That was the highlight and main sell from the partnership. We’ve been told multiple times “learn more around the time of Madonna’s 40th anniversary,” we are still waiting. But like a I said the other day, we are starving 😁

That's exactly my point. Just when we feel the thing is leading into certain ALLUDED direction, here we go again, "2022 remasters". FEL didn't include totally unreleased mixes, for example, and there are many... a good thing could have been using some Tour studio mixes, there are tons with commercial release potential as stand-alone mixes (Get Together from Confessions Tour, Die Another Day + Give it 2 Me from the Sticky & Sweet Tour, to name a few...)

If M spent less time hanging with teenagers making trash videos to crap remixes like frozen and hung up and more time on this campaign I would get more excited - sorry but I can’t get excited for a format I have no use for ( vinyl ) for songs I’ve had for decades - didn’t the article from last month mention unreleased songs fans would die for ? You know the one where she was all over young guys for a change and being photoshopped to death 😴

• deathproof changed the title to OFFICIAL: RSD Black Friday is just "Everybody" single reissue. Big Deal. But Mariah is doing a deluxe reissue of “Butterfly” with 8 bonus tracks. Now THATS a QUEEN! 🌈
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unfeatured this topic