Would "Rebel Heart" be a "non-stop" album?

Luiz Ribeiro

I was listening to the master today of "Never Let You Go", one of Madonna's best songs of the last decade in my humble opinion, and I noticed that right at the beginning of the song we noticed notes that ARE NOT from the song.... very reminiscent of COADF. I also remember that at the time, the rumor was that it would be a double album: Rabel (dancing) and Heart (romantic), a project totally abandoned and destroyed thanks to Hacker's leaks.

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

Again, these are edited by a fan. These are not how the originally leaked files were. 

I know that..... i REMEMBER that...i was there..... but MAYBE someone got the masters? maybe?  Or would we be so arrogant as to think that no, that we are the original keepers of the archives? lol...... just kidding

Why not letting her releasing a double album when you later let her releasing a messy super deluxe edition with 25 songs? All about Rebel Heart was is a bit of a disaster, even if she shined as the all time Madonna for the last time at some really gold moments, on the record, on the tour and on the great promo.

I think that this is an album that could have been much better with some of the same stuff but made from another point of view.

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

She said in various interviews the 2 themed album idea was rejected by the label. The leaks had nothing to do with that decision.

But it was. It all came down to the 6-track pre-order sampler in December 2014. They couldn't put up a pre-order for 2 albums with 6 songs scattered across them. If the leaks didn't happen, we wouldn't have gotten those 6 early tracks.

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/madonna-interview-rebel-heart-leaks-sony-grammys-new-music-6414043/

Keith Caulfied: There has to be a silver lining somewhere. And, there you go. So let's talk about the music. Did you think about releasing these six songs as an EP, and then doing another EP later? Or did you want to make sure that all of the songs stayed together as the full Rebel Heart album -- as a piece of work?

Madonna: Originally I wanted to put everything out together. I have an overabundance of songs, and actually, the reason I wanted to call the record Rebel Heart was because I felt like it explored two very distinct sides of my personality. The rebellious, renegade side of me, and the romantic side of me. In my mind, it was almost like I wanted to do a two-record set. So you get this chunk of songs, and that chunk of songs. That was my original goal. But then all the demos leaked and I can't really go down that road anymore, so I put out (the six songs) first and then, I think a few more songs are going to come out during the time of the Grammys. Then the rest of the album will just come out together (in March), and they'll just get my rebellious and romantic side all mixed in together. 

Guy O on Twitter Dec 28 2014:

The original plan was to release a double album in April 2015, which was "half Rebel, half Heart". This plan changed due to the recent leaks. It will now be one album with 19 full tracks, no interludes, to be released on March 10th. The album is "almost finished. Needs a little more work in the new year.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

But it was. It all came down to the 6-track pre-order sampler in December 2014. They couldn't put up a pre-order for 2 albums with 6 songs scattered across them. If the leaks didn't happen, we wouldn't have gotten those 6 early tracks.

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/madonna-interview-rebel-heart-leaks-sony-grammys-new-music-6414043/

Keith Caulfied: There has to be a silver lining somewhere. And, there you go. So let's talk about the music. Did you think about releasing these six songs as an EP, and then doing another EP later? Or did you want to make sure that all of the songs stayed together as the full Rebel Heart album -- as a piece of work?

Madonna: Originally I wanted to put everything out together. I have an overabundance of songs, and actually, the reason I wanted to call the record Rebel Heart was because I felt like it explored two very distinct sides of my personality. The rebellious, renegade side of me, and the romantic side of me. In my mind, it was almost like I wanted to do a two-record set. So you get this chunk of songs, and that chunk of songs. That was my original goal. But then all the demos leaked and I can't really go down that road anymore, so I put out (the six songs) first and then, I think a few more songs are going to come out during the time of the Grammys. Then the rest of the album will just come out together (in March), and they'll just get my rebellious and romantic side all mixed in together. 

The original plan was to release a double album in April 2015, which was "half Rebel, half Heart". This plan changed due to the recent leaks. It will now be one album with 19 full tracks, no interludes, to be released on March 10th. The album is "almost finished. Needs a little more work in the new year.

See what happens when stuff leaks?
Madonna closes the door to amazing things out of disappointment.

Let's pray that nothing interesting leaks now, or we can kiss Warning Signs goodbye.

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

Interesting. She said in other interviews the label didn’t like the idea of 2 themed albums. So which one is it Madonna?

For me, the outstanding songs from Rebel Heart are Ghostown, Messiah, Rebel Heart, Iconic, Unapologetic bitch and queen even if it was not included finally, andI quite enjoy: Sex, veni vidi venci, best night, joan of arc, beautiful scars and yes, Illuminati, althought it´s been said there is where she is confirming she is a part of the illuminati. That song seems very telling and we have not payed enough atention, in 2015 she was already telling us about a new world order. LOL. Maybe that´s why she left kaballah and yoga, and not the Guy Ritchie heartache?

• 1 year later...

Each January I play Rebel Heart till death each year, and wow, each time I like this one better: amazing vocals, some very good production, big project: I love several songs: Ghostown, Sex, Veni vidi vinci, illuminati, best night, messiah, tittle track.. I don´t want to start again that demos controversy, but the album as it was, was very good and it´s totally underated! 

9 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Each January I play Rebel Heart till death each year, and wow, each time I like this one better: amazing vocals, some very good production, big project: I love several songs: Ghostown, Sex, Veni vidi vinci, illuminati, best night, messiah, tittle track.. I don´t want to start again that demos controversy, but the album as it was, was very good and it´s totally underated! 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:29 PM, Drownedboy said:

For me, the outstanding songs from Rebel Heart are Ghostown, Messiah, Rebel Heart, Iconic, Unapologetic bitch and queen even if it was not included finally, andI quite enjoy: Sex, veni vidi venci, best night, joan of arc, beautiful scars and yes, Illuminati, althought it´s been said there is where she is confirming she is a part of the illuminati. That song seems very telling and we have not payed enough atention, in 2015 she was already telling us about a new world order. LOL. Maybe that´s why she left kaballah and yoga, and not the Guy Ritchie heartache?

truth!

its an album full of jewels and really like it like era...... the covers are amazing .....

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

I feel this is her best album during Interscope years. Certainly, it was a smorgasbord of songs, but her purpose was to divide this into two parts... Rebel and Heart.  I hear that in the songs.  She just wasn't allowed to release it in the format she preferred which was a double album. Then again, with the Deluxe and Super Deluxe, I felt she sorta got her way.  But again, the album track listing probably would have been presented in a more concise and thematic way. 

I prefer the album versions of the songs.  I don't disagree that some of the demos are just as great, but other than the variations of the demos for the song Rebel Heart, the other songs in demo format really didn't seem finished to me.  Unfortunately, the demo leak really messed up her roll out for the album.  This album deserves to be regarded as one of her best.  And for the life of me, I still don't understand how they thought releasing a standard version of the album without the title track was a good idea.  While fans know the Super Deluxe is the essential version, as time goes on, people will not understand that and will possibly pick up the standard version when the Deluxe version is far superior and has some great songs people will be missing.

8 hours ago, McDonna said:

I feel this is her best album during Interscope years. Certainly, it was a smorgasbord of songs, but her purpose was to divide this into two parts... Rebel and Heart.  I hear that in the songs.  She just wasn't allowed to release it in the format she preferred which was a double album. Then again, with the Deluxe and Super Deluxe, I felt she sorta got her way.  But again, the album track listing probably would have been presented in a more concise and thematic way. 

I prefer the album versions of the songs.  I don't disagree that some of the demos are just as great, but other than the variations of the demos for the song Rebel Heart, the other songs in demo format really didn't seem finished to me.  Unfortunately, the demo leak really messed up her roll out for the album.  This album deserves to be regarded as one of her best.  And for the life of me, I still don't understand how they thought releasing a standard version of the album without the title track was a good idea.  While fans know the Super Deluxe is the essential version, as time goes on, people will not understand that and will possibly pick up the standard version when the Deluxe version is far superior and has some great songs people will be missing.

I could not say it better !!