Forty Times that Madonna Proved that She Was a Genius

Sultrysully

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Because you said she's a genius for her production or lyrics, and I was just pointing out those songs on the list that she pretty much did nothing for. It's called correcting a mistake 🤷🏻‍♂️ she's a genius for the Blond Ambition tour, for the whole Erotica era etc, not for the lyrics written by other people or production where she had a small input.

No one is saying she should do everything by herself, I was just disagreeing with the song selection on the list

And you can thank the incredible Vincent Paterson for a good chunk of what we so love about BAT.

There are many unsung heroes behind the scenes who inspired or supported M's vision. A genius collective.

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don't know exactly what input Madonna gave on this song but I will say the final version is vastly superior than this in terms of production. The lyrics on the second verse are also better and the vocal delivery from Madonna WAY better than this woman. Madonna's version is filled with so much more life and passion.

passion in the vocal delivery is not songwriting. You have undeniable proof here that the song existed an entire year and a half before Madonna got evolved, and still you're trying to claim Madonna maybe somehow did write it.

Maybe she should get a songwriting credit for Fever, American Pie and all the Evita songs because she sang them well.

9 hours ago, androiduser said:

passion in the vocal delivery is not songwriting. You have undeniable proof here that the song existed an entire year and a half before Madonna got evolved, and still you're trying to claim Madonna maybe somehow did write it.

Maybe she should get a songwriting credit for Fever, American Pie and all the Evita songs because she sang them well.

I never said any of these things.