Lola releases her 2nd song “Love Me Still” as featuring artist for J!MMY

Scor-pi-o

I thought the first track that sounded like Frou Frou had a sweetness to it, but this is truly a soulless and poorly produced rehash of the worst music of the era she was born of, which I suppose would offer at least a touch of irony if I didn’t suspect that she thinks she’s awfully original. It’s like the type of demo dj dreamers made on karaoke-enabled hifi systems at the time. Her voice is mostly sweet and innocuous with a hint of smokers’ rasp. It doesn’t have the sort of originality needed to be able to get away with such passionless delivery of a mediocre melody. It doesn’t seem like she’s terribly serious about anything so if she’s just enjoying herself, good for her! 

It’s kinda DIY in the worst way. That’s been my biggest peeve about both songs. The videos are pretty bad. There’s really no gloss. You can do arty vibey stuff but it has to be authentic or executed really well for it to come across well if filmed on low end equipment. 
If the performance element is poor you can use gloss and high end production to mask it.

There’s no scope or depth even of vision / field. It’s very “this idea” “this idea” and “this idea” without the lens making you feel like you’re invited or that it’s capturing something you wouldn’t be invited to or are getting a guest pass to. 
It’s just … not cool and a little needy.
 I feel like a lot of it is very “this will do” graduation year final project. 

I’m kinda shocked at just how much of a miss she is. I thought she’d be the coolest kid and I wouldn’t ever write someone off but you only get a minute to make a first impression but … this is a bit of a switch off tbh. 

8 hours ago, societysboy said:

She sounds like Jessie Ware

She's between Jessie Ware, Kali Uchis and Dua Lipa, with a thick American vibe.

Doesn't sound awful, just a little undertrained but she's young and I don't think she ever talked about singing lessons. We know she had music teachers as a kid and learned the piano, so she has her musical sensibility.

Let her do her thing.

And if you don't like it, remember she's a wealthy and healthy young woman who doesn't have anything to prove to anybody, so you're probably jealous.

Judging this or the other single and video as if they were major label releases is absolutely pointless. Of course is DIY. It's a small independent label. This new song is not even her proper 2nd single, just a feature on other artist from the same label.

She probably could have landed a big label contract if she was willing to do as they said, promotion wise, image, etc. etc. Instead she's chosen to do it her way. So kudos to her for that.

I still think "Lock&Key" song & video are quite interesting for a debut and she has a lot of potential. Let's see.

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

She's between Jessie Ware, Kali Uchis and Dua Lipa, with a thick American vibe.

Doesn't sound awful, just a little undertrained but she's young and I don't think she ever talked about singing lessons. We know she had music teachers as a kid and learned the piano, so she has her musical sensibility.

Let her do her thing.

And if you don't like it, remember she's a wealthy and healthy young woman who doesn't have anything to prove to anybody, so you're probably jealous.

Auntie Debbie, is that you?

5 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I really like it, it's very cool...of course people in their 40's wouldn't know and will comment like their grand parents commented on Madonna. 

The video is shot at Harperly Hall, Madonna's former apt.

People in their forties know this sound from their teen years and if they liked it then know that it has expanded significantly since then. These are Fisher Price jungle beats. 

1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

People in their forties know this sound from their teen years and if they liked it then know that it has expanded significantly since then. These are Fisher Price jungle beats. 

how old is Madonna ?
why is age suddenly important ?
:dance:
the queen of your devotion is irrelevant then
never mind her sprog appearing on a chums 2nd rate demo

3 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

I could see David or Mercy doing something interesting. Lourdes shows no talent at all and I hate the fact she gets attention just for being Madonna's daughter.

Mercy? A musical artist? :lol:

I'd be okay with all of her children staying away from recording studios.

And yes, nepotism is pretty nauseating.

9 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I always thought relevancy was overrated, even when she was “on top”

13 minutes ago, Vasili said:

Exactly. When fans say ageist things towards older fans, I wonder if they momentarily forgot that M is in her 60s.

"Ah don't fink politics should be in music,
it should be about having fun."
(c) Smamfa Fox

she has a point
a decent song does help though

"No amount of boobage can disguise grease."

:dance: